Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Guus  
#51 Posted : 25 February 2005 14:48:58(UTC)
Guus

Netherlands   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:originally posted by Tolis:

2. C-sine motor and decoder for retrofitting

3. New signals with integrated brake module

4. Current conducting coupler for locos (red brown + decoder connection)

5. Some British locos

Sigh...great,add all these to my wishlist too [:p][:p]

Guus
Kind regards,
Guus
Offline john black  
#52 Posted : 06 April 2005 02:11:14(UTC)
john black

United States   
Hi all:

Well, there's another one which would be nice for 2006 - the famous ALSTHOM Electric CC7107 SNCF with C-sinus, mfx & sound [:p]
She's really something special: Her "Record Mondial de Vitesse" was 331 km/h. In 1955 ... [:0]

Best Regards
John

I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...
Outlaw Member of BIG JUHAN's OUTSIDER CLUB. With the most members, worldwide

Offline Taurus  
#53 Posted : 06 April 2005 07:03:30(UTC)
Taurus

I agree with those who want's more c-tracks.

And i would like a GYSEV Taurus loco!

mav/taurus
Offline RayF  
#54 Posted : 06 April 2005 12:09:25(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Something I would like Marklin to make:

Replacement glazing packs for the older models with opaque plastic behind the windows, eg 3016 railbus, 3034/3037 E41, etc

I really like some of the older models that you can pick up second hand, but I am put off by the aweful look of the windows.

How about it?
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline Sander van Wijk  
#55 Posted : 06 April 2005 14:10:08(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Sander van Wijk
<br />Here's mine:

* a new gt 2 x 4/4 (version as Trix 22007)

Märklin does listen sometimes... winkbiggrin
They've announced the 37964, the loco I ment earlier in my quote.
Sander
---
Era I(b): K.Bay.Sts.B. and K.W.St.E.
Offline PierreGILLARD  
#56 Posted : 06 April 2005 16:43:03(UTC)
PierreGILLARD

Further American locomotives both diesels ( such as GP's or SD's ) and steams as well as 1/87 coaches would certainly be appreciated.
As requested by many of us, further C-tracks :
- elongated double slip turnout
- 24307 and 24315
- 24407 and 24415
- 24507 and 24515
- 24918 ( a 17.9° complement to 24912 to make 30° )
Pierre.
Offline john black  
#57 Posted : 06 April 2005 18:50:23(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
<br />Here's mine: a new gt 2 x 4/4. M does listen sometimes ... winkbiggrin They've announced the 37964, the loco I ment earlier in my quote

Congratulations, Sander [:p]
John

I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...

Offline john black  
#58 Posted : 06 April 2005 19:09:45(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by RayPayas
<br />Replacement glazing packs for the older models with opaque plastic behind the windows

Ray: We won't become old enough waiting for M doing such [xx(]. Thus I've made my own windows from transparent green plastic - very good in fighting the New Mexican desert heat my F7s had suffered from biggrinbiggrinbiggrin

Best Regards
John

Offline hmsfix  
#59 Posted : 06 April 2005 20:20:50(UTC)
hmsfix

I agree with all the previous posts about future M* models. But what I really need is a bridge with sound, perhaps a digital version of 7263. Have you ever heard of a steel bridge that is silent when a train passes ? Certainly not. For my new layout, a bridge with reasonable jar and wheel-synchronous rumble would be fine.

Hans Martin
Offline guimas  
#60 Posted : 06 April 2005 20:39:28(UTC)
guimas

Like it was said before:

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Tolis
<br />
Well, my wish list is of different direction ( accesories)

1. A one piece C-track turntable ( integrated decoder and power feed)

With MS (and probably CS) interface! (Like the coaling station)

And a Portuguese train, for heaven's sake! Well... at least, as a last resort, some decals to make the AVE into the ALFA PENDULAR.
"You could have a steam train
if you'd just lay down your tracks"
Peter Gabriel - Sledge Hammer
Offline Nuno  
#61 Posted : 06 April 2005 20:54:51(UTC)
Nuno

Come on, Guimas, the AVE and the Alfa Pendular are so different...

Regards,

Nuno Smile

Offline Nuno  
#62 Posted : 06 April 2005 20:58:04(UTC)
Nuno

- 24307 and 24315
- 24407 and 24415
- 24507 and 24515
Pierre.

I agree and would add some elongated curved turnouts.

Best regards,

Nuno Smile
Offline Sander van Wijk  
#63 Posted : 06 April 2005 21:23:31(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
Pierre,
For a GP 30 I wouldn't wait for Märklin but try finding a GP 30 of Brawa's (# 0893) for example. Runs fine, costs less than $200,- digital version. Maybe this can satisfy you need... [:p]
Sander
---
Offline MärCo  
#64 Posted : 06 April 2005 21:31:52(UTC)
MärCo

A class 66 locomotive, since it is used both in the UK as in Europe.
I love the EWS painting scheme in red and yellow.
Absolutly AFB-NOHAB fan ;-)
Offline verheyen  
#65 Posted : 06 April 2005 21:51:21(UTC)
verheyen

Mehano has them and Euro Lok Shop in the US is selling them in various liveries at http://www.eurolokshop.com/meha...log.html#mehano-electric. While no AC version is listed, they will gladly special order. That's how I got my G2000. There's a good review in the Model Review section (last one down). The detailing is very high and it runs very smoothly. I think the Class 66 has less details, certainly not the delicate railing the G2000 has. Price for my analog AC model was under $200 with shipping and it took them about 5 weeks to get it.

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by MärCo
<br />A class 66 locomotive, since it is used both in the UK as in Europe.
I love the EWS painting scheme in red and yellow.
Offline crasyhh  
#66 Posted : 06 April 2005 23:52:37(UTC)
crasyhh

my wish list??? EVERITING!!!!! IN THE HWOLE CATALOG!!!!!!!!!!! (ESPESIALY STEAM ENGINES)!!!!!!!!!!
analog american mini-club
1950+
Offline PierreGILLARD  
#67 Posted : 07 April 2005 01:49:26(UTC)
PierreGILLARD

Quote:
<br />Pierre,
For a GP 30 I wouldn't wait for Märklin but try finding a GP 30 of Brawa's (# 0893) for example. Runs fine, costs less than $200,- digital version. Maybe this can satisfy you need... [:p]

Bedankt Sander,
I was ready to order a Digital Brawa Santa-Fe GP30 from a Canadian dealer, but it was out of stock. Anyway, when going back to Europe this Summer, I will try to get one. My intention is to repaint that locomotive in the CP Rail colours. As a matter of fact CP Rail had two GP30's which were registered as # 5000 and # 5001.
Beste groeten vanuit Canada.
Pierre.
Offline rschaffr  
#68 Posted : 07 April 2005 17:45:40(UTC)
rschaffr

United States   
What I would like from Marklin in the coming year is not a material item, but more responsive communications and a better appreciation of their customers needs. I think they have to stop thinking about "business" and start thinking about "manufacturing" and "customer support" again. Managing to the bottom line may bring short term successes but in the long term hurts a company, especially one with a good reputation. Look at HP for an example. Too many managers and executives spend only a few years with a company and don't think beyond their expected stay. Sorry for getting on my soapbox here, but if Marklin spent the next year refocusing on their business, I wouldn't care if they didn't bring out any new products.
-Ron
Digital, Epoch IV-V(K-track/IB), Epoch III(C-track/6021/6036/6051)
http://www.sem-co.com/~rschaffr/trains/trains.html
Offline Sander van Wijk  
#69 Posted : 07 April 2005 18:42:04(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
Pierre, very interesting dutch you write! wink Are you by accident coming to the Netherlands this summer?
By the way, I think repainting a GP 30 won't be a too big problem since it's rather easy to take it apart.

By the way, Ron, I agree with you that it's time for Märklin to work on customer relationships, but give them some time... They have started a mailingservice and are planning to do a lot more. Let's see what will happen in future.
Sander
---
Offline guimas  
#70 Posted : 07 April 2005 18:45:52(UTC)
guimas

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by rschaffr
<br />What I would like from Marklin in the coming year is not a material item, but more responsive communications and a better appreciation of their customers needs. I think they have to stop thinking about "business" and start thinking about "manufacturing" and "customer support" again. Managing to the bottom line may bring short term successes but in the long term hurts a company, especially one with a good reputation. Look at HP for an example. Too many managers and executives spend only a few years with a company and don't think beyond their expected stay. Sorry for getting on my soapbox here, but if Marklin spent the next year refocusing on their business, I wouldn't care if they didn't bring out any new products.

I think your wishlist is the best so far! Smile
How about telling M* to start reading this forum more often?
One thing I also noticed is that they have a knack to keep customers in the dark... which is probably a good thing, because probably this forum wouldn't have been created in the first place... hmm... I'm getting confused... biggrin
"You could have a steam train
if you'd just lay down your tracks"
Peter Gabriel - Sledge Hammer
Offline john black  
#71 Posted : 07 April 2005 20:59:06(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by rschaffr
<br />Look at HP for an example

Ron: Excellent example. A few years ago my scanner went down the river - just 3 days after warranty had expired. Ya guessed it - no refund from them ... [xx(]
Will never buy that HEWLETT-PACKARD JUNK again [}:)] !!!

John

post scriptum: Ron, in my topics there's always a place for your soapbox biggrin

Offline rschaffr  
#72 Posted : 07 April 2005 22:58:27(UTC)
rschaffr

United States   
Thanks, John. HP was for many years the standard of excellence by which all others were measured. When the founders were no longer involved, "businesspeople" took over and the quality went in the dumpster. Their only interest was in ROI (return on investment), not in making a good product. Gee...that scenario sounds somewhat familiar, doesn't it?
-Ron
Digital, Epoch IV-V(K-track/IB), Epoch III(C-track/6021/6036/6051)
http://www.sem-co.com/~rschaffr/trains/trains.html
Offline john black  
#73 Posted : 08 April 2005 00:13:22(UTC)
john black

United States   
It does, Ron, it does. M makes GIGANTIC mistakes in not even answering [xx(][xx(][xx(] their customers e-mails - whereas L's Jerry Calabrese is chatting openly with 'em.
But there's one most important difference (to HP): Paul Adams IS taking care M products being still the top-of-the-line quality we're willing to pay for - I see it every time when running his excellent locos [:p][:p][:p] !!!

John

Offline chris.busby  
#74 Posted : 08 April 2005 23:33:57(UTC)
chris.busby

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:[i].

Märklin have already said they will make this.
Chris Busby
UK Marklin Digital layout builder and collector.
Offline Sam  
#75 Posted : 11 April 2005 07:20:43(UTC)
Sam

sound upgrades for the prior c-sine e-locs that Marklin put out between 2001 and now! Shouldn't cost more than $100 either!
Era I-V / HO & 1 Gauge / C-Track & Mobil Station, with Central Station.
Offline Transfesa  
#76 Posted : 22 April 2005 15:08:32(UTC)
Transfesa

Hi all,

I have tried to read all the suggestions, and I think most of them are very good and even can be easily made. But I would like to add some others that I would really like to see... and purchase, of course! biggrin

1.- As Frankv wrote in the 2005 wish list, I think Märklin should develope some track & catenary maintenance cars from Europe, that could also complement the Wiebe starter set. Particularly, I've found this photo that could fit in any layout as a functional track cleaning car, including a front roll (like the old yellow Schienenbus) and a sweep below it (like the new cleaning car 46042), and all in metal for improved weight:

UserPostedImage
Image by Christoph Schmitz, from www.railfaneurope.net

2.- 74371 with white LEDs instead of unrealistic yellow ones.

3.- New semaphores and other signalling items.

4.- New C track R3 or R4 turnouts with less distance between paralell tracks (perhaps 56 - 58 mm and 15º - 18º) for mainline stations where R9 turnouts just don't have enough room.

5.- DB BR-01.10 ep. IV with coal tender and sounds (perhaps 39105? [:I] )

6.- Some more freight wagons from SBB and ÖBB ep. III & IV.

In ten months time we'll see if any of us has hit the mark wink
Julio Castillo
Madrid, Spain
Offline Sander van Wijk  
#77 Posted : 22 April 2005 16:31:49(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
Hi Julio

About track & catenary maintenance cars from Europe, you could take a look at www.brawa.de (H0, bahndienstfahrzeuge) or buy Kibri kits. I don't think Märklin will start producing these items since the market for them is limited, development costs are high and there allready are several producers of these kind of things.

Same story for the semaphores, Viessmann for example allready produces really nice ones.

C track R3 or R4 turnouts are only interesting for a very limited part of modelrailroaders and therefore not very interesting from a commercial point of view too.

But, there's hope for your wishlist, a DB BR 01.10 in ep. IV is a realistic wish I guess since Märklin produces their modells in all kind of liveries. Question is more when then if Märklin will forfill this wish! wink

Let's see...

Sander
---
Offline Transfesa  
#78 Posted : 22 April 2005 17:29:14(UTC)
Transfesa

Hi Sander,

Thanks for your comments, I assume that most of my "wishes" are just that... nearly impossible to make from a commercial point of view. But I suppose that's the reason why we are looking forward the new items brochure every year, just to see if any of our wishes has come true, and even get surprised with interesting things Cool

I already knew Brawa and Kibri has some of that maintenance cars, but here in Spain it is very difficult to see any of them in reality and acquire them appart from Internet. For the images I've seen, those from Kibri seems to be all plastic and I think they look too fragile to make them fully "functional" and durable over years and years; that's almost the same impression I get from Roco wagons [V]

I was thinking of a metal model of one or two maintenance cars, not necessary with motor, of medium size and with real cleaning features. I think it could be used in a short maintenance train that runs all over the layout and cleans its tracks every month or so, more or less as it is done regularly in real life with ballast.

As soon as such an item would be available, I would buy it with no doubt... and I hope I'm not the only one wink

Kind regards.
Julio Castillo
Madrid, Spain
Offline MärCo  
#79 Posted : 22 April 2005 17:38:58(UTC)
MärCo

Railway crossing 74922. This was announced in 2001, but as far as I know it was never took in production.

UserPostedImage
Offline frankv  
#80 Posted : 22 April 2005 21:00:32(UTC)
frankv

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Transfesa
<br />
As soon as such an item would be available, I would buy it with no doubt... and I hope I'm not the only one wink

I did find a firm that makes MOW equipment for two rail.

I haven't purchased any yet, and it looks like all the equipment is in kit form. However, anything can be converted. It just takes time and money.biggrin

Look at item 247-7011 on down.

http://www.walthers.com/...;keywords=&start=300

Regards,
Offline HueyCE  
#81 Posted : 23 April 2005 01:33:41(UTC)
HueyCE

MärCo- 74922 according to M* was made in 2001,2002,2003. It is no longer available at the factory.

Ira
Building German Era I-II layout(Mk IIIc).UserPostedImage

Offline MärCo  
#82 Posted : 23 April 2005 11:22:47(UTC)
MärCo

Märklin had with 74922 problems with the barriers. The fences on the barriers often failed, and for that reason 74922 was announced, but as far as I know never took into production.
Offline HueyCE  
#83 Posted : 23 April 2005 12:38:45(UTC)
HueyCE

M* in thier product data bank says it was available in the years mentioned above. Perhaps one of member dealers can shed some light on this.

Ira

Offline perz  
#84 Posted : 23 April 2005 19:54:01(UTC)
perz

Sweden   
My whishlist (not necessarily things I would buy myself, but things I would like to see from Märklin):

1. Wider radii curved turnouts for k-track.

2. The previously listed C-track additions.

3. "SuperCap" (or whatever trade name) based power backup in the decoders. New capacitor technology has made it possible to build capacitors with several orders of magnitude higher values than before. If this technology could be used to stabilize the power in the locos, we could forget about bad track contact, flickering lights and re-starting sound modules.

4. A really good wireless-LAN-based video car for H0.

5. An RFID-based train identification system with readers small enough to fit under the C-track.

6. Release of all tecnical information regarding the "Märklin Systems", including specifications of the mfx forward and backward channel, the CAN bus communication and the use of the Ethernet port.
Offline us.trains  
#85 Posted : 24 April 2005 00:42:30(UTC)
us.trains

my wish list :
more C track
Challenger
Cab Forward
Steam Switchers
BigBoy Size Turntable
Offline PierreGILLARD  
#86 Posted : 24 April 2005 03:28:33(UTC)
PierreGILLARD

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by us.trains
<br />my wish list :
more C track
Challenger
Cab Forward
Steam Switchers
BigBoy Size Turntable

Bonjour Olivier,
If you can't wait for Märklin to develop a larger turntable, there is still the possibility to try to adapt Walthers-Cornerstore 130' Turntable # 933-2829 :
http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/933-2829
Bon travail si vous entreprenez ce projet !
Pierre.
PS: it is still my intention to adapt the Walthers # 933-3171 90' Turntable to the Märklin system with a budget of less than $100.00 !
http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/933-3171
Offline us.trains  
#87 Posted : 24 April 2005 11:29:11(UTC)
us.trains

Bonjour Pierre,
I see this turntable, but my problem is to adapt it to Marklin C track system, I am oblige to say that I don't exactly know how to adapt it, so your experience in this adaptation will interest me a lot. Thanks for your message and best regards
Offline Sander van Wijk  
#88 Posted : 24 April 2005 15:06:55(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
Julio, you're right about the Kibri items, they're all plastic models. Brawa models are much better, mostly metal, good quality and a good customer services department. But, you should probably buy through the internet, could be a problem although I don't think it's a risk to buy this way.
I'm looking forward to the next brochure too! wink

Marco, about the 74922 railroad crossing, although the website states it has been available I'm sure it hasn't been produced at all. There were serious problems with the failing fences and mainly the heating up mechanism. Märklin decided not to produce the item untill the problem was solved. Never heard anything about it since... [:(]
Sander
---
Offline HueyCE  
#89 Posted : 24 April 2005 16:43:04(UTC)
HueyCE

Points to MärCo. I guess M*'s site was giving out some wishful thinking.

Ira

Offline MärCo  
#90 Posted : 24 April 2005 22:46:49(UTC)
MärCo

Thanks for the information. I am not a Insider member anymore, so I did not know the latest information about 74922. Indeed, the last thing I did hear that it was not produced untill the problems were solved. I very much wanted to buy 74922.
Offline Sander van Wijk  
#91 Posted : 26 April 2005 01:12:47(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
Marco, I haven't seen these info in the Insider, but maybe I've missed it... I've read it in a letter from Märklin to all dealers. (Now that's one of the advantages of working at a Märklin dealer wink )

By the way, you're absolutely not the only one who intended to buy this crossing.
Sander
---
Offline steventrain  
#92 Posted : 01 May 2005 00:07:06(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by MärCo
<br />Thanks for the information. I am not a Insider member anymore, so I did not know the latest information about 74922. Indeed, the last thing I did hear that it was not produced untill the problems were solved. I very much wanted to buy 74922.

I Really wanted 74922 because i like safety barrierSmile
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline ulf999  
#93 Posted : 13 May 2005 15:40:25(UTC)
ulf999

Hi, I'm new to this forum.
I agree totaly. More diesels like the GP's. The Brawa versions don't have the same 'feeling' as the Märklin locos! imho they're too plastic...

/Ulf

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by PierreGILLARD
<br />Further American locomotives both diesels ( such as GP's or SD's ) and steams as well as 1/87 coaches would certainly be appreciated.
- 24307 and 24315
- 24407 and 24415
- 24507 and 24515
Pierre.
Ulf, American HO. www.goldenvalleyroute.com/
Offline oz_train  
#94 Posted : 13 May 2005 15:53:32(UTC)
oz_train

Australia   
Hi Ulf,
A big welcome to the forum!

regards,
John
Offline steventrain  
#95 Posted : 13 May 2005 16:03:54(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Welcome to the forumwink
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline john black  
#96 Posted : 13 May 2005 16:28:05(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by ulf999
<br />imho they're too plastic ...

You're right. Worst of all is that funny plastic junk where a motorized tender crunches her poor loco into turnouts constantly biggrinbiggrinbiggrin
Any heavy-metal Marklin beats 'em 40 miles by sunday Cool

Welcome to The Forum, Ulf
John

Offline Guus  
#97 Posted : 13 May 2005 16:33:38(UTC)
Guus

Netherlands   
Hi Ulf,

Welcome to the forum Smile.Another Märklin enthusiast biggrin[^]

Best regards
Guus
Kind regards,
Guus
Offline stephenbb  
#98 Posted : 13 May 2005 16:35:02(UTC)
stephenbb

Welcome tothe forum Ulf.
Stephen
Stephen(USA)
ETE,NMRA,MEA
Offline Timaximus  
#99 Posted : 13 May 2005 16:59:10(UTC)
Timaximus

Netherlands   
After these I will stop for a while biggrin

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Regards,

Timaximus
Märklin | HO | C+K Track | Digital | I+II+III+IV+V | Power and control by Uhlenbrock | Win-Digipet
Offline john black  
#100 Posted : 13 May 2005 17:12:41(UTC)
john black

United States   
biggrin