Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline cos_man  
#1 Posted : 17 September 2003 23:48:04(UTC)
cos_man

Greece   
Hello All,

Just received my 26750 Rheingold Set and I would like to ask a couple of questions.
<u>First I would like to make clear that I received the set packaged as it was produced by Marklin and I was the first to open it.</u> Checking the set I saw that there were two manuals for the 4228 cars and NONE for the loco [:(]
Does any of you had a similar experience? How can I get a manual for this loco? Can anyone give me some info on this locos digital address and functions?
On an older topic "Summer New Items 2003" I read that the 4228 cars have some defect on the couplers of all the cars (did not center). Sander mentioned that because of that problem he returned the whole set. Anyone else having the same problem and how did you resolve it?
I just got the set and did not had a chance to try the couplers for myself.

Any feedback from owners of the 26750 Rheingold Set would be most helpfull.

Thanks

Costas
Offline Webmaster  
#2 Posted : 17 September 2003 23:52:45(UTC)
Webmaster

Well, you could try address 18...wink I think that's the default for the BR 18.4 loco... Don't have the set though...

It is unfortunately rather more of a rule than an exception that a loco manual is not included with the special sets or special versions of a lok...[xx(]

The couplers have always been a kind of problem with the 4228 set, as you noticed in the older thread...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline cos_man  
#3 Posted : 18 September 2003 00:09:04(UTC)
cos_man

Greece   
Hello Juhan,

Thanks for the info.
i will try address 18 (same as 37282 ! )as soon as possible and let you know. I would also like to know if this "couplers defect" that caused the derailment on your 4228 set was when you used the short couplers or the conductive ones ?

Thanks and best regards

Costas
Offline Webmaster  
#4 Posted : 18 September 2003 00:22:05(UTC)
Webmaster

As I said in the "Summer news" thread - "It was a gracious free fall dive of the whole train due to the fixed current conducting couplers..." wink[xx(]
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline cos_man  
#5 Posted : 18 September 2003 00:37:04(UTC)
cos_man

Greece   
Sorry Juhan,
You are absolutely right, my mistake [:I]

Thanks a lot

Costas
Offline Webmaster  
#6 Posted : 18 September 2003 00:43:10(UTC)
Webmaster

The [xx(] expressed my feeling of the memory of that accident... I had a flashback and saw it all in slow-motion again while I wrote about it.. I promise, I also heard the distant "AAARRRGGGHH!!!" I shouted, in my head, even if it happened about 7-8 years ago...biggrin
Offline cos_man  
#7 Posted : 18 September 2003 00:52:36(UTC)
cos_man

Greece   
I know exactly what you mean.
I had some heart attacks myself watching "precious, my precious"
Marklins colliding, derailing etc. but they keep working !!!! (most of the times). I better get back to the original topic. Do you think that an e-mail to www.marklin .de would get me a manual ???
Also can you suggest the Seuthe unit I need for this loco??

Thanks a lot you have been a great help.

Costas
Offline Webmaster  
#8 Posted : 18 September 2003 01:06:41(UTC)
Webmaster

I think it could be worth a shot to send a mail and explain the situation (2 coach manuals instead of one of each) to them and ask for help. However, it seems like the are better on answering phone calls than e-mails... [V] Or contact the dealer and let him fix it...
Offline Thanos  
#9 Posted : 18 September 2003 09:46:51(UTC)
Thanos

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Or contact the dealer and let him fix it...

Contacting the dealer is the <u>only solution</u> when dealing with Marklin problems. That's their official "line" of communication with the customers. I would take the set to the dealer explain the situation and demand a manual.
Thanos

Offline cos_man  
#10 Posted : 18 September 2003 12:05:15(UTC)
cos_man

Greece   
Dear Thanos, Juhan, All

Thanos you are very right on your suggestion BUT I bought the set from LokShop (they get most of my marklin orders for the past 4 years) due to the pricing of the Greek authorised distributor, as you already know.wink
So does any of you have a similar experience with LokShop ??
Lately I have some complaints of LokShop way of doing their bussiness:
New 6002 Trafo (about 80 Eur) arrived covered in dust, no manuals, no warranty, IB 65002 did not have a binded English Manual as it should have but a printout of the downloadable pdf file etc.
But their pricing is not that bad.
I will try to communicate the problem about the manual to LokShop first and if nothing happens I will try Marklin.de
I will keep posted on the manual issue.
Thanks a lot

Costas

Offline cos_man  
#11 Posted : 18 September 2003 12:11:09(UTC)
cos_man

Greece   
Dear Juhan,
I tried address 18 on the Loco and works fine biggrin
Thanks a lot
Costas
Offline Charlie  
#12 Posted : 18 September 2003 15:50:07(UTC)
Charlie

I am with Thanos. Your dealer is the one who should be contacted. He should be more than happy and willing to fix the problem for you! After all, he needs to earn your business, and not just because of low pricing!

You did not "just" buy a train, you bought a Marklin train. And that means you can expect a high level of quality, and also a high level of service by your dealer. It is all part of the Marklin experience.

Charlie (done preaching)