Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<45
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline pab  
#251 Posted : 01 January 2010 12:18:58(UTC)
pab

Netherlands   
My BR 39 is back.
Everything (including smoke and lower lights) seems to work fine now.

UserPostedImage
Offline steventrain  
#252 Posted : 01 January 2010 12:19:50(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Bigdaddynz
<br />

And if any one wants a Br39, here's one with a Buy Now of 389 euros.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/w...geName=ADME:B:SS:AU:1123

There is more BR39 with auction, may be sold for less that price.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline steventrain  
#253 Posted : 02 January 2010 12:29:59(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
BR39 on youtube.

Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline pab  
#254 Posted : 03 January 2010 15:31:00(UTC)
pab

Netherlands   
Just another picture of my BR 39

UserPostedImage
Offline steventrain  
#255 Posted : 03 January 2010 15:46:25(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Excellent shot picture, Piet.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#256 Posted : 03 January 2010 17:33:51(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Very good Piet. You will be pleased. Smile
Offline shannon  
#257 Posted : 04 February 2010 04:20:22(UTC)
shannon

I got my BR39 yesterday, i installed the smoke generator 7227o recommended by Marklin's manual and operated it with mobile station but the smoke generator didn't work. Confused

Here is the picture of the smoke generator, did i miss something or make any mistake on it?

UserPostedImage

when i started the smoke symbol function of mobile station, i also touched the brass spring connector shown as the following picture, but it was cold. someone knows what happened in the situation ?

UserPostedImage
Offline kimballthurlow  
#258 Posted : 04 February 2010 06:04:02(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi Piet,

Thanks for the photos.

I am very impressed with the detail on this model, which I received a month ago.

On the left hand side of the engine, I see an additional (to the valve eccentric) eccentric rod which I believe may drive a speedometer (on the real machine).
Do you agree, or is it something else?

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline river6109  
#259 Posted : 04 February 2010 06:31:49(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
shannon wrote:
I got my BR39 yesterday, i installed the smoke generator 7227o recommended by Marklin's manual and operated it with mobile station but the smoke generator didn't work. Confused

Here is the picture of the smoke generator, did i miss something or make any mistake on it?

UserPostedImage

when i started the smoke symbol function of mobile station, i also touched the brass spring connector shown as the following picture, but it was cold. someone knows what happened in the situation ?

UserPostedImage

Piet,
make sure the contact sleeve is touching the smoke unit by bending it upwards slightly.
Before doing this, also make sure the whole smoke connections are connected (looks like a three part contact sleeve ? > use a multimeter and see if there is any contact).
Try and reverse the smoke unit by 180°

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline Standby  
#260 Posted : 05 February 2010 01:44:39(UTC)
Standby

Both my BR 23 ( 39230 ) and BR 39 ( 39390 ) arrived about two weeks ago. The BR 23 is just perfect but sadly, I have to advise the BR 39 has been returned to Marklin with the request they replace the Locomotive.

While running in forward direction the problem is not so noticeable, however running in reverse and in particular curves there is a uneven motion that can be best described as a sizeable wobble. It is as if the transmission is not in alignment or that the the main wheel gear is not bedded. I have oiled the transmission and all appears ok but the problem remains.

I have always received great service from Trains N Toys and Marklin and I am confident this will continue, unfortunately for us in Australia its only the long wait. All in all I find both Locos fantastic models ... Smile , regards

Glenn .
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#261 Posted : 27 February 2010 12:19:58(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
For any outsiders wanting a Br39, johnvandamme has 2 available at 399.95 euros each.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/M...hnen?hash=item5639e07499
Offline jeehring  
#262 Posted : 03 April 2010 16:55:40(UTC)
jeehring

pab wrote:

UserPostedImage

Thanks for pictures.
The close-up picture above will help me to ask all owners of this beautiful model something about these 2 little metallic platform on each side of the Lok:
On the model that will be mine within few hours, the fixing of the platforms is not rigid . They look all right and well positionned. But there is some play into the fixing. If I touch them - only if I touch them - they move like if they were just hanging, they sway a little.
The dealer told me that he had some models on which they were swaying (only if you touch them)but well positionned, and some models on which the fixing was rigid without any play...
Question is : could you confirm, how are they on your model, with or without play ?
thank you
Offline MikeK  
#263 Posted : 04 April 2010 00:13:27(UTC)
MikeK

Denmark   
jeehring wrote:
pab wrote:

On the model that will be mine within few hours, the fixing of the platforms is not rigid . They look all right and well positionned. But there is some play into the fixing. If I touch them - only if I touch them - they move like if they were just hanging, they sway a little.
The dealer told me that he had some models on which they were swaying (only if you touch them)but well positionned, and some models on which the fixing was rigid without any play...
Question is : could you confirm, how are they on your model, with or without play ?
thank you

Just checked mine, it's indeed hanging loose, you can't push it towards the wheels, but it's free to move away from the wheels. Hope this helps :)
A single track on the floor is better than no track at all...
Offline kariosls37  
#264 Posted : 04 April 2010 00:57:46(UTC)
kariosls37

New Zealand   
Origionally posted by kimballthurlow:
Quote:
On the left hand side of the engine, I see an additional (to the valve eccentric) eccentric rod which I believe may drive a speedometer (on the real machine).

I think the second eccentric rod is for the motion on the inside cylinder. there's a good reason to do this as things like valvegear are notoriously hard to maintain when they're between the frames

Kariosls
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#265 Posted : 04 April 2010 04:10:35(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
jeehring wrote:
thank you

Roland, they have play in them on my Br39.
Offline James Yao  
#266 Posted : 04 April 2010 07:30:45(UTC)
James Yao

kariosls37 wrote:
Quote:

I think the second eccentric rod is for the motion on the inside cylinder. there's a good reason to do this as things like valvegear are notoriously hard to maintain when they're between the frames

Kariosls

Hi everyone,

I just got my Br 39 just last friday. I ran it on my super simple oval layout with radius of 515mm. One of the platform is good and impressive. However, on the other side, the platform shakes when the loco is in motion. I have yet been able to determine the cause of it. However, my first impression, after comparing both sides, is that one of the rods are more rigid thus pushing the platform at every turn.

Also, there has been this clicking sound whenever the loco is on the turn. Same reasoning which I have - the longest piece of the driving rod has been made with little room for movement that it "scrubs" the braking shoes of the loco. I might wanna dismantle the driving mechanism and insert a washer between the wheels and the driving rod.

James
Offline pab  
#267 Posted : 04 April 2010 12:08:00(UTC)
pab

Netherlands   
Mine are not rigid. They have a liitle play, but not too much.
In one occasion a platform got stuck behind a wire in my shadow station and came off. It wasn't difficult to fix it again.
No clicking sound, no strange behaviour either.

I heard from my dealer that some BR39 were send back because of the clicking sound.
Offline jeehring  
#268 Posted : 04 April 2010 12:36:07(UTC)
jeehring

thank you everybody.
I got it. It has some play when moving it away from the wheels. I think it's a correct mounting,as long as it doesn't sway or hurt an other part when rolling, it MUST have some play.It works so well !
Offline jeehring  
#269 Posted : 04 April 2010 12:43:47(UTC)
jeehring

James Yao wrote:
kariosls37 wrote:
Quote:

Kariosls

Also, there has been this clicking sound whenever the loco is on the turn. Same reasoning which I have - the longest piece of the driving rod has been made with little room for movement that it "scrubs" the braking shoes of the loco. I might wanna dismantle the driving mechanism and insert a washer between the wheels and the driving rod.

James

I think it's better if you succeed in moving (just a little bit)the plastic braking shoe.In fact re-adjusting half a millimeter the piece that is holding the breaking shoe or the beaking shoe itself. It must be in the plane of the wheels....
Offline James Yao  
#270 Posted : 04 April 2010 15:35:24(UTC)
James Yao

Hi jeehring,

Do you mind enlightening me on the exact procedure of moving the braking shoe? Because I have noticed that the shoes are attached to the frame and I have been scratching my head on how to move it. Thanks in advance! (:
Offline foumaro  
#271 Posted : 06 April 2010 19:46:47(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
A little moving for mine.
Offline jeehring  
#272 Posted : 07 April 2010 03:16:27(UTC)
jeehring

James Yao wrote:
Hi jeehring,

Do you mind enlightening me on the exact procedure of moving the braking shoe? Because I have noticed that the shoes are attached to the frame and I have been scratching my head on how to move it. Thanks in advance! (:

You are right James .
I gave you an answer without verify... sometimes braking shoe is a part of a transversely mounted plastic part....so it may be possible to move a little this part or to verify if it well mounted or well adjusted...
It seems to be attached to a plastic frame and you should look if it is possible to slightly bend it....but there is a risk to break it .
to bend some plastic piece in airplane model making I used to soak it into warm water....(depending on the plastic....it took its former original shape. In the case of the BR39 you have to dismantle the whole plastic part. It seems to be quite rigid plastic.) .

I don't know which shoe is scrubbed by rod... I'm affraid a washer on 1 only wheel slowly distort the whole rods mechanisme with time...I'm not sure.
You only need a tenth of millimeter more room, probably.....

Offline Davy  
#273 Posted : 07 April 2010 04:23:12(UTC)
Davy

I still have to buy a smokegenerator for my br 39.

Loc drives very on my layout.

M-track with a CS2.
Offline James Yao  
#274 Posted : 11 April 2010 04:55:49(UTC)
James Yao

Thanks jeehring, I think I'll have to take one of my weekends off just to settle this defiant loco. :D Everything is perfect on this lovely loco except for the two minor problems. I'm relatively new to railway modeling and might need sometime to fully figure out how to solve the glitches. :)
Nonetheless, I appreciate your suggestions on this matter. :)
Offline jeehring  
#275 Posted : 20 April 2010 21:35:56(UTC)
jeehring

James Yao wrote:
Thanks jeehring, I think I'll have to take one of my weekends off just to settle this defiant loco. :D Everything is perfect on this lovely loco except for the two minor problems. I'm relatively new to railway modeling and might need sometime to fully figure out how to solve the glitches. :)
Nonetheless, I appreciate your suggestions on this matter. :)

Yes it's well manufactured and well mounted , as you said it is a lovely model. I do appreciate more and more SDS motors.
This model start to be rare on the market. I was lucky as due to withdrawals my dealer succeed to remove a few units from his stock.....