Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline GSRR  
#1 Posted : 11 March 2009 01:13:07(UTC)
GSRR

United States   
I'm wondering if anyone has heard of this software, and used it?

TouchCab

The flagship product - an application that turns your iPhone or iPod Touch into a handheld throttle for your model railroad.

http://www.touchcab.com/

(I did a forum search and found no mention of this)

Regards,

Thomas

Edited by user 23 February 2012 20:49:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ETE UserPostedImage ECoS iTrain TouchCab C-Gleis German Era Id & IIIb USA Era IIIb SBB Era III SJ Era IV GC Era V
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#2 Posted : 11 March 2009 01:58:39(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I think it has been discussed before. Somewhere there is a video of someone who did this.
Offline Frostie  
#3 Posted : 11 March 2009 02:27:18(UTC)
Frostie

United States   
I brought it up when I first purchased my I phone and discovered it's finctionality.

Great idea, but waiting to see how you can interface Iphone into CS2
Train Collection Insured by "Croc's" with "Big Boys" as Backup"
CS/MS Digital Era 1/2
Apple Man iPhone / Macbook Pro / iPad - the end of the windows PC occurred on April 4, 2010.
Love those Era 1 Tank Locomotives - the more the merrier.

Offline GSRR  
#4 Posted : 11 March 2009 06:59:39(UTC)
GSRR

United States   
I found the video. I believe he wrote something for his Java enabled mobile phone and is using the mobile network to "communicate" I even read of people using a program with their cordless landline phone? Also saw the post where Dale uses his Windows Pocket PC.

What interests me is that that TouchCab is a commercial product, and comes in 2 flavors. Free version gives you some limited function, and for $7.00 USD on the iTunes Store you can purchase the unlocked version that has both throttle and track control. This also works off of a WiFi connection, no messing with mobile networks, (and the resulting fees). Also it works with an iPod Touch and it's WiFi connection.

Hopefully someone with a CS2 can test it out, but I'm looking for the developer to maybe connect to the Mobile Station also, if it is feasible.

Regards.

Thomas

ETE UserPostedImage ECoS iTrain TouchCab C-Gleis German Era Id & IIIb USA Era IIIb SBB Era III SJ Era IV GC Era V
Offline kimballthurlow  
#5 Posted : 11 March 2009 11:14:05(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Is using this connection satisfying some electronics hobby urge? That is perfectly OK.
Like climb a mountain, because it is there to be climbed?

Because everything you need to control the trains is already in the CS, CSII and MS.

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline Frostie  
#6 Posted : 11 March 2009 14:47:49(UTC)
Frostie

United States   
The problem with the MS is it requires a wired connection. A true mobile controller should be wireless. That is a major flaw with the new MS2.

Maybe they are redesigning it to be truly mobile.
Train Collection Insured by "Croc's" with "Big Boys" as Backup"
CS/MS Digital Era 1/2
Apple Man iPhone / Macbook Pro / iPad - the end of the windows PC occurred on April 4, 2010.
Love those Era 1 Tank Locomotives - the more the merrier.

Offline jeehring  
#7 Posted : 11 March 2009 15:18:00(UTC)
jeehring

Mistral , which is a small MRR manufacturer ( belgian/French) , has made available an "electronic circuit board" to be installed inside their model in such a way you can drive it and activate sounds on an analog layout from a Nokia mobile phone...
Offline RayF  
#8 Posted : 11 March 2009 15:34:21(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
What happens if the phone rings when you're running your trains? Does it stop everything?
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline TouchCab  
#9 Posted : 11 March 2009 20:14:49(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by GSRR
<br />I'm wondering if anyone has heard of this software, and used it?

TouchCab

Umm ... yes, I have heard of it wink

When the phone rings, TouchCab does what any iPhone app does - it quits (after disconnecting).
The trains keep running, since they are controlled by the command station. If your layout allows you to stray far from the command station, you should set the iPhone in airplane mode, so it doesn't ring while you're busy running trains.

I'm looking into the CS2, but I haven't found a decent protocol specification yet. If anyone knows where to find it, I'll look into it. The CAN specification does not look like it's very useful for network control.

If there is anything else you want to know, I'm here.

Best regards,
Jens
---
This account is no longer active
Offline Webmaster  
#10 Posted : 11 March 2009 20:48:18(UTC)
Webmaster

Jens, you are forcing me to get an iPod Touch.... It works with that too, right?
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline TouchCab  
#11 Posted : 11 March 2009 21:03:48(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
Yes, it works on an iPod Touch.

I had a second look at the CS2 protocol, and it must be my horrible skills in the German language that fooled me at first.

It should be possible, but the connection looks a bit awkward. As I read it, the IP address of the CS2 must be set in the connected network device/computer as usual, but the IP address of the connected device/computer must also be set in the CS2 ?

Hmm ... does anyone know more?

Best regards,
Jens Vesterdahl
Best regards,
Jens
---
Offline clapcott  
#12 Posted : 11 March 2009 21:16:02(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by TouchCab
<br />.. but the IP address of the connected device/computer must also be set in the CS2 ?

Not correct.

You need to tick/check the "Start Gateway" box in the &gt;setup&gt;ip section but after that any device (local subnet) listening on 15730 will see the broadcast data.
Peter
Offline TouchCab  
#13 Posted : 11 March 2009 21:27:30(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by clapcott
You need to tick/check the "Start Gateway" box in the &gt;setup&gt;ip section but after that any device (local subnet) listening on 15730 will see the broadcast data.

Oh, okay - thanks for the clarification.

However, CS2 support is not right around the corner. I have an ECoS and a Central Station 1, but right now TouchCab needs to earn some money back my way before I can afford a CS2 Smile
Best regards,
Jens
---
Offline GSRR  
#14 Posted : 11 March 2009 21:53:20(UTC)
GSRR

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by kimballthurlow
<br />Is using this connection satisfying some electronics hobby urge? That is perfectly OK.
Like climb a mountain, because it is there to be climbed?

Because everything you need to control the trains is already in the CS, CSII and MS.

regards
Kimball

Kimball,

For me I'm seeking out alternatives. I'm at the jumping point where I may get further into digital with encoders and such. When M* announced the upgraded Mobile Station 2, I was ready to leap. The CS2 I think is to much for what I need. Now that the MS2 is delayed at least until 2010, I'm looking elsewhere.

If it is feasible for me to install LocCommander on a readily available computer in my house, and if it can "talk" with my available iPod Touch that I have already for work, then I'm interested. The barrier to entry to "full" digital is much less than a CS2.

And yes it just fun to play with the Ipod. wink There are now more than 25,000 applications for the iPhone. I use more than 10 for work alone.

Regards,

Thomas

Offline GSRR  
#15 Posted : 11 March 2009 21:55:27(UTC)
GSRR

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Frostie
<br />The problem with the MS is it requires a wired connection. A true mobile controller should be wireless. That is a major flaw with the new MS2.

Maybe they are redesigning it to be truly mobile.

Agreed. The MS2 looks to be a good thing, at least on paper. Better if it was wireless.

Regards.

Thomas

Offline GSRR  
#16 Posted : 11 March 2009 21:58:06(UTC)
GSRR

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Webmaster
<br />Jens, you are forcing me to get an iPod Touch.... It works with that too, right?

Juhan,

The 8gb iPod Touch can be had for $200 USD. wink

Regards.

Thomas

Offline GSRR  
#17 Posted : 11 March 2009 22:08:06(UTC)
GSRR

United States   
Quote:
<br />
Quote:
<br />I'm wondering if anyone has heard of this software, and used it?

TouchCab

Umm ... yes, I have heard of it wink

When the phone rings, TouchCab does what any iPhone app does - it quits (after disconnecting).
The trains keep running, since they are controlled by the command station. If your layout allows you to stray far from the command station, you should set the iPhone in airplane mode, so it doesn't ring while you're busy running trains.

I'm looking into the CS2, but I haven't found a decent protocol specification yet. If anyone knows where to find it, I'll look into it. The CAN specification does not look like it's very useful for network control.

If there is anything else you want to know, I'm here.

Jens,

Thank you for joining the discussion. Nice to have the developer on board. Smile

Would your program potentially work with a Mobile Station? Also have you seen the LocCommander program here on the forum? Could TouchCab work with that?

Regards.

Thomas

Offline TouchCab  
#18 Posted : 11 March 2009 22:54:49(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
Quote:
Thank you for joining the discussion. Nice to have the developer on board. Smile

Would your program potentially work with a Mobile Station? Also have you seen the LocCommander program here on the forum? Could TouchCab work with that?

Regards.

Thomas

Happy to be here.

iTunes may be a convenient sales channel, but user contact sucks big time.
I get to see the reviews of the local store, but no international reviews. Denmark is a very small country, so I need to go through unofficial back doors to see what people say about the product elsewhere in the world, and even then I can't talk back.

This is what I was looking for.

As for MS2 (or any other device for that matter), if it does not have a network connection, TouchCab will not support it. If a device has a network connection and a decent and available protocol, it will be considered.

I don't know LocCommander, but mobile devices connecting to the layout through an application on a computer has been done. LocCommander should then be able to accept incoming connections, and a communications protocol must be defined.

As you may have read on the home page, TouchCab's mission is ease of use and to improve the user experience in the world of model railroading. Messing with IP numbers is not considered ease of use in my book - that's why I frowned at the CS2 setup before clapcott kindly set the record straight.
I have been talking to ESU about using zero-configuration networking, and they seemed interested. I hope version 3.0.0 of the ECoS and CS1 will implement it, but I don't really expect it until a later release. Time will show.
Perhaps I should try talking to Märklin also, to see if they're interested.

Anyway, I am extremely picky about how TouchCab can be connected. It should be easy, simple and straight forward. If the user at any time goes: "Now what?", I didn't do my job right.

Best regards,
Jens Vesterdahl

Best regards,
Jens
---
Offline fvri  
#19 Posted : 12 March 2009 20:37:57(UTC)
fvri

Hi,

Collaboration between TouchCab and any other MR SW 'client' application running on a PC could be possible when a protocol is defined as Jens stated.

But ... as TouchCab and any other MR SW application running on a PC are client applications connecting to a digital control system running a server application, data exchange could be simply done via the server application when it sends 'events' after commands(setting train speed, triggering functions, etc) are initiated by one of the client applications. As far as I know only feedback occupancy events are triggered by the server application.

BTW. I have been developing a client application (iLoc) that could run on a PDA communicating with the LocCommander (server) application on a PC. But I have stopped this development... as better things like TouchCab came along.

(User friendly configurable) Connectivity is certainly an important issue! Keep on the good work Jens!

These handheld devices running a client application controlling a MR layout have their values but I still prefer controlling directly via the digital system or a client application running on a PC. Seeing and acting on a representation of your MR layout on a big display is for me still preferable.

BTW. no plans to support CS2 in LocCommander, I'm using an ECoS and 6021...[:I]

Best regards,
Frank
Offline DaleSchultz  
#20 Posted : 12 March 2009 22:45:50(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
I suspect the new generation of netbook computers running Linux or Windows will become good potential platforms for running remote train controllers. At present my PDA with wi-fi connectivity to my home network works perfectly, but if my PDA hardware dies I will not spend the money on a new PDA when $300 can buy a fully functional netbook with a bigger screen, gobs of memory and disk space.... granted the PDA does have a touchscreen, but the full keyboard will probably work well with good UI design.
Dale
Intellibox + own software, K-Track
My current layout: https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com
Arrival and Departure signs: https://remotesign.mixmox.com
Offline Mafi  
#21 Posted : 12 March 2009 23:07:03(UTC)
Mafi

Quote:
<br />...but the IP address of the connected device/computer must also be set in the CS2 ?

Hmm ... does anyone know more?

Hi Jens,

CS2: you can set both your application and the CS2 to listen and send data to the subnet's broadcast IP, so it is easier than connecting to a CS1/ECoS.

For a testing application (MacOS-X, Win, Linux) checkout this:
http://c2xh-mafi.npage.de/

You can setup your Macintosh to send data to the broadcast-IP using UDP simulating the CS2 (for example: SimpleDigitalLocomotive will send the same data like the CS2 would do, just exachange the Ports). You will not need a real CS2 for the first steps of connection testing.

Good to see another Mac-Developer around here!

Cheers
Mafi
http://simpledigitallocomotive.npage.de/

EDIT 2014: links updated

Edited by user 28 August 2014 19:41:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Don't be too proud of the new high tech terror you just have invented! (Darth Vader, Episode IV)
Offline TouchCab  
#22 Posted : 13 March 2009 23:08:36(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Mafi
CS2: you can set both your application and the CS2 to listen and send data to the subnet's broadcast IP, so it is easier than connecting to a CS1/ECoS.

For a testing application (MacOS-X, Win, Linux) checkout this:
http://www.sdl.claranet.de/C2XH.zip

I realize the CS2 protocol (CAN) is much more versatile than it looks at first glimpse, so for me (and TouchCab) CS2 is now a viable option.

I have downloaded the C2XH application, and I'll look into it. Seems like a great tool Smile

BTW: If you'd like to see my steam locomotive pictures, they're at: http://damplokomotiver.touchcab.com.
It's all in Danish, but from top to bottom, the 1:1 menu is:

DSB = Danish State Railways
"Litra" means class, so there are some sections about several classes of the DSB.
Museumstog = The Danish Railway Museum and the live division
Fra Førerhuset = From the cab (I'm a fireman, although not active anymore)
Rodekassen = Misc
Udlandet = Abroad - steam I encountered on travels
Cumbres & Toltec = 'nuff said
Overlevende = List of surviving Danish steamers

Have fun!
Best regards,
Jens
---
Offline steventrain  
#23 Posted : 14 March 2009 09:19:46(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Welcome to the forum, TouchCab.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline hwestl  
#24 Posted : 17 March 2009 13:26:29(UTC)
hwestl

Sweden   
I did something like this 2007, with a program where I used a Sony Ericsson mobile phone to control the CS1. The difference is that I used the phone network and not the WiFi. But the procedure is the same, using socket with IP address and port no. Which is also the same as for any computer, laptop or desktop on your home network.
It shouldn't be any big differences how to connect to the CS2, only the commands to run the loc will probably differ (I haven't checked the CAN protocol, cause I have no CS2)

You can watch a video I made at

Offline dntower85  
#25 Posted : 17 March 2009 15:14:57(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by DaleSchultz
<br />I suspect the new generation of netbook computers running Linux or Windows will become good potential platforms for running remote train controllers. At present my PDA with wi-fi connectivity to my home network works perfectly, but if my PDA hardware dies I will not spend the money on a new PDA when $300 can buy a fully functional netbook with a bigger screen, gobs of memory and disk space.... granted the PDA does have a touchscreen, but the full keyboard will probably work well with good UI design.

Dale - get an i-phone instead and down load there app kit and build an interface for the IB. since nobody has an iphone app for that.
DT
Now powered by ECoS II unit#2, RocRail
era - some time in the future when the space time continuum is disrupted and ICE 3 Trains run on the same rails as the Adler and BR18's.
Offline Webmaster  
#26 Posted : 04 April 2009 00:38:54(UTC)
Webmaster

Hrrrmm... Well...

An iPod Touch just happened to follow me home from a store today... It just said "buy me, buy me, I am mrr related..."...
Have also downloaded the free version of TouchCab...

Guess I will just have to build up an oval this weekend, connect the CS1 to the home network and try the concept...

That iPod is a quite fun gadget by itself, and of course I have already tried to read the forum with it, as well as watching Top Gear downloads...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline GSRR  
#27 Posted : 04 April 2009 02:08:27(UTC)
GSRR

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Webmaster
<br />Hrrrmm... Well...

An iPod Touch just happened to follow me home from a store today... It just said "buy me, buy me, I am mrr related..."...

Guess I will just have to build up an oval this weekend, connect the CS1 to the home network and try the concept...

That iPod is a quite fun gadget by itself, and of course I have already tried to read the forum with it, as well as watching Top Gear downloads...

Juhan,

Congrats and enjoy! It is quite a useful tool even without the phone portion. I downloaded Skype the other day, which is very handy.

For anyone who wants to have a try at building an application for the iPhone Apple and Stanford University have joined forces to provide free tutorial on iPhone application development via iTunes. More here:
http://blog.wired.com/ga...9/04/apple-stanford.html

Regards,

Thomas

Offline TouchCab  
#28 Posted : 04 April 2009 21:49:47(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:

Enjoy! Smile
Best regards,
Jens
---
Offline Chriscam  
#29 Posted : 05 April 2009 08:40:57(UTC)
Chriscam

Has anyone with an Ecos that is updated to the new 3.0 software tried Touchcab yet? I am using Touchcab now but have not updated my Ecos to 3.0 yet.

The FAQ on the Touchcab site says "The immediate plan is to support ECoS 2 (#50200), ECoS 1 version 3.0.0 and Central Station 1 update 3.0.0, when these are relased from ESU. " which seems to say that it does not/may not work with 3.0.

Chris
Offline TouchCab  
#30 Posted : 05 April 2009 15:43:26(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Chriscam
<br />Has anyone with an Ecos that is updated to the new 3.0 software tried Touchcab yet? I am using Touchcab now but have not updated my Ecos to 3.0 yet.

The FAQ on the Touchcab site says "The immediate plan is to support ECoS 2 (#50200), ECoS 1 version 3.0.0 and Central Station 1 update 3.0.0, when these are relased from ESU. " which seems to say that it does not/may not work with 3.0.

Chris

It should work.

I'm in the middle of a development process for 1.1.3, and I don't want to update my ECoS to 3.0.0 yet as it's a one way street.
The protocol spec for ECoS 3.0.0 has not been released, but I have not seen anything that indicates TouchCab should not work with this version. It just hasn't been tried yet, so I can't go out in public and say that it works for sure.

Best regards,
Jens
---
Offline Chriscam  
#31 Posted : 05 April 2009 22:08:42(UTC)
Chriscam

Great, thanks for the quick reply Jens. And thanks for a great app - keep up the good work! Chris
Offline TouchCab  
#32 Posted : 07 April 2009 13:31:58(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
Quote:
The protocol spec for ECoS 3.0.0 has not been released, but I have not seen anything that indicates TouchCab should not work with this version

Correction ... on my way through the code I have noticed that TouchCab will not work with MFX locomotives or decoders. This will be fixed in the next version of both TouchCab and TouchCab Free.

Best regards,
Jens
---
Offline TouchCab  
#33 Posted : 28 April 2009 23:03:05(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
Quote:
<br />Has anyone with an Ecos that is updated to the new 3.0 software tried Touchcab yet? I am using Touchcab now but have not updated my Ecos to 3.0 yet.

I can now officially say that TouchCab works with ECoS v3.0.0, except for the glitch with mfx and M4 locomotives (aargh!!)
This will be fixed in the next release (v1.1), which is now feature complete. I'm fiddling with some cosmetics before a thorough test and then it's off for review. Within a few weeks, I'd say.

Best regards,
Jens
---
Offline GSRR  
#34 Posted : 29 April 2009 02:11:05(UTC)
GSRR

United States   
Quote:
<br />
Quote:

I can now officially say that TouchCab works with ECoS v3.0.0, except for the glitch with mfx and M4 locomotives (aargh!!)
This will be fixed in the next release (v1.1), which is now feature complete. I'm fiddling with some cosmetics before a thorough test and then it's off for review. Within a few weeks, I'd say.

Jens,

Thanks for the update.

Thomas

Offline TouchCab  
#35 Posted : 08 May 2009 01:08:29(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
For the record, TouchCab and TouchCab Free version 1.1 have now been submitted to Apple for review. If all goes well, they should be available on the App Store within a week or so.
Best regards,
Jens
---
Offline GSRR  
#36 Posted : 19 May 2009 16:42:05(UTC)
GSRR

United States   
Quote:
<br />For the record, TouchCab and TouchCab Free version 1.1 have now been submitted to Apple for review. If all goes well, they should be available on the App Store within a week or so.

Jens,

I saw the update last night in iTunes.

Regards,

Thomas

Offline TouchCab  
#37 Posted : 04 November 2009 23:33:45(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
Hello all.

Time has passed since this thread went silent, but now I have a video of TouchCab in action on a gauge 1 layout in Copenhagen last weekend.
Unfortunately the turnouts are not yet connected to the ECoS, but replace the ECoS with a CS1 and it's "on topic" for this forum.

Enjoy:

Best regards,
Jens
---
Offline Goofy  
#38 Posted : 05 November 2009 00:10:28(UTC)
Goofy

I was there and did saw it...!!!
Works perfect!
But to expensive as the hell!!! [}:)]
Better to buy an ZIMO cabcontrol radio instead... wink

biggrin
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline xxup  
#39 Posted : 05 November 2009 04:19:16(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
I tried all the links and searched the Apple store, but I can't find TouchCab...
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline TimR  
#40 Posted : 05 November 2009 04:58:57(UTC)
TimR

Indonesia   
Great video and excellent demonstration!
Thanks!

I have a question regarding how it work though;
Does your iPhone effectively become a third locomotive controller?

Perhaps to put it another way around;
Can you still take control of two more locomotives through ECoS or CS1 through the two halves of the screen; while controlling another through the iPhone?

Or would it be that while controlling a lok through this application - one half of ECoS or CS1 screen would be showing to be "occupied"?

I hope you understand my question...
Thanks again
Now collecting C-Sine models.
Offline Fredrik  
#41 Posted : 05 November 2009 12:46:30(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
Hi,

there's no problem in controlling 2 other locos from the CS/ECoS in combination with TouchCab!

There's also no problem reaching the TouchCab in the AppStore using an IPhone...! (just tried)
Fredrik.
*ECoS 2 + ECoSDetector + SwitchPilot + ECoSTerminal; *Z21 + Loconet + Digikeijs + MGP; **CS3+ + CdB (** coming soon...)
WWW: MJ-fjärren
Offline TouchCab  
#42 Posted : 05 November 2009 21:43:36(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Goofy
But to expensive as the hell!!! [}:)]
Better to buy an ZIMO cabcontrol radio instead... wink

TouchCab is expensive ???
Best regards,
Jens
---
Offline TouchCab  
#43 Posted : 05 November 2009 21:45:52(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by xxup
<br />I tried all the links and searched the Apple store, but I can't find TouchCab...

It's not the Apple Store.
You need to have iTunes installed, and in there, you go to the "app store".
(app and Apple - easy to misunderstand, I know)
Best regards,
Jens
---
Offline Webmaster  
#44 Posted : 05 November 2009 21:54:14(UTC)
Webmaster

I have the free version on my iPod Touch - just too lazy to connect the CS1 to the home network...

The iPod was bought earlier this year (see earlier post) but not used so much at all... I have to admit, I am a gadget freak... biggrin

Perfect format as a mrr controller with TouchCab, which is a very easy to use software... Great work, Jens!
Offline TouchCab  
#45 Posted : 05 November 2009 21:57:23(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by TimR
Does your iPhone effectively become a third locomotive controller?

Yes.

Quote:
Can you still take control of two more locomotives through ECoS or CS1 through the two halves of the screen; while controlling another through the iPhone?

TouchCab does not block one controller. From TouchCab you may take over a locomotive which is controlled by one of the controllers in the CS/ECoS, but then just select a different loco for that controller.

(Gee - what a lot of controllers in that text. Can you control the controlling controller ... aargh!)
Best regards,
Jens
---
Offline TimR  
#46 Posted : 05 November 2009 22:21:19(UTC)
TimR

Indonesia   
So effectively, the application turns an iPhone into a more versatile and expensive version of MS... SmileSmile

Thanks, Jens

I think MS2 have another strong contender in the market now....wink
Now collecting C-Sine models.
Offline TouchCab  
#47 Posted : 05 November 2009 22:38:52(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
Quote:
<br />So effectively, the application turns an iPhone into a more versatile and expensive version of MS... SmileSmile

Yes, but if you want a cheaper version, TouchCab works on an iPod touch also.

Quote:
I think MS2 have another strong contender in the market now....wink

I like to think so, yes biggrin
Best regards,
Jens
---
Offline xxup  
#48 Posted : 06 November 2009 15:53:39(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
I have the iPod touch and have downloaded the full version of touchcab.. As soon as I can claw the iPod touch from Miss 10's death grip, I will fire up the eCOS and test out the software..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Offline xxup  
#49 Posted : 08 November 2009 07:33:41(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Sigh.. The problem for me is that the PC, which is us for Windigipet is wirelessly connected to the router on a 192.168.1.xx address, while I connect the eCOS to the PC using the lan card which is a 192.168.2.xxx address and the eCOS has a 192.168.2.xxx address - effectively the PC is acting as a router and the iPod can't see the eCOS.. Any clues how I fix this one???
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#50 Posted : 08 November 2009 07:37:36(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by xxup
<br />Any clues how I fix this one???

Get an ethernet switch, they're not very expensive.