Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline nevw  
#1 Posted : 27 January 2015 02:28:26(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
I am thinking of putting some signals on to the N scale Layout. I will use either Viessmann 4412 (3 Aspect) or 4413 (4 Aspect) Signals.
What would be the correct Viessmann or LTD Decoder Box to use and How many?

Thinking of about 6 - 8 Signals
Will be using ECOS and Itrain.

would be nice to be able to select address range.

Thanks,
Nev
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#2 Posted : 27 January 2015 03:31:50(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
The 4412 and 4413 signals are the equivalent of the 4012 and 4013 H0 signals. It all depends on what you want - do you want iTrains to start/stop the trains or do you want brake modules with isolated track sections to control trains.

If the former, all you might need is a 5210 signal module for each signal (in some cases you can run 2 signals off 1 module) plus a k83, or the later you might need the 5224 signal module plus a 5228 relay module and a 5232 brake module for each signal.

In any case, I've sent you a PM with additional info.
Offline nevw  
#3 Posted : 27 January 2015 03:37:06(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Thanks David,
I will be Using Itrain to do the stopping. I was thinking of using a Viessmann 5229 wHich I think will do all , but I think only 1 signal, so a lot of Gold for 8 signals???
I think a LDT may do 2 Signals,

If costs are high , may revert to a 2 aspect signal.

N

NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#4 Posted : 27 January 2015 04:37:03(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
It is possible to use a k84 with signals....
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline nevw  
#5 Posted : 27 January 2015 04:39:30(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
It is possible to use a k84 with signals....

How many 3 aspect signals will a K84 handle??

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#6 Posted : 27 January 2015 05:39:45(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
According to the Viessmann 5213 manual, you can run up to four aspect signals (stands to reason since a K84 has 4 relay connections). You could therefore have one 3 aspect signal or one 4 aspect signal per K84 or two 2 aspect signals per K84.

You could possibly consider a Marklin M84 as well - I haven't tried either a K84 or M84 with signals though.

Viessmann 5213 manual attached - see pages 4 and 5.

If you already have some V5213's you could get a signal or two and have a play with the setup.
File Attachment(s):
Viessmann 5213.pdf (264kb) downloaded 10 time(s).
Offline nevw  
#7 Posted : 27 January 2015 05:47:45(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
According to the Viessmann 5213 manual, you can run up to four aspect signals (stands to reason since a K84 has 4 relay connections). You could therefore have one 3 aspect signal or one 4 aspect signal per K84 or two 2 aspect signals per K84.

You could possibly consider a Marklin M84 as well - I haven't tried either a K84 or M84 with signals though.

Viessmann 5213 manual attached - see pages 4 and 5.

If you already have some V5213's you could get a signal or two and have a play with the setup.

M84 is what is in the Trix catalogue. DCC or Selectrix.. I am going to use the M83 for point motors. the Viessmann 5229 is about $50 plus postage. Eight 4 aspect signals makes a hole in the wallet. the M83 is a bit exe too.
may just go with 2 aspect signals

Thanks,
N
Offline nevw  
#8 Posted : 28 January 2015 02:32:42(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Had a Look at the LDT range of decoders as they are good value for money. each LDT unit can handle 2 x4 aspect and 2 x 2 aspect signals each. Good quality units.

Nev
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by nevw