Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Roger E  
#1 Posted : 17 May 2008 03:57:36(UTC)
Roger E

Hi.
I ordered a TRIX V 60 (22133) and found to my surprise that it has one rubber tyre. The TRIX catalog doesn't mention this, but the Marklin catalog specify one rubber tyre for the Marklin version (37655).

The rubber tyre is of course good for traction, but does also cause contact problems on such a small loc. This is certainly the smallest 2-rail loc I have with tyre - actually, I can't remember to have seen tyres on any such small loc at all. I know for sure the Fleischmann V 60 don't have a tyre. Anyone that can fill in on this?

Anyhow, I found I would like to trade traction for better contact and thus have tried to get a spare wheel without rubber tyre from TRIX, trough my dealer. But surprise, surprise: TRIX only sells complete drive units, kind of half the loc in one unit - a very expensive spare wheel. Any ideas on how to get only a spare wheel? Is there a "back door" to TRIX spare parts?

I see that both Fleichmann and Roco list wheels or axles as separate spare parts so one possibility is to try finding one that fit, but it seems tricky.

Any ideas why TRIX would put a tyre on such a loc? Is it just inherited from Marklin - or do all small TRIX locs have a tyre?

-Roger
Offline spitzenklasse  
#2 Posted : 17 May 2008 04:26:47(UTC)
spitzenklasse

Roger, try ordering Roco traction tyres from your dealer. I bought a pack some years ago. there were a good assortment of sizes.
Offline Goofy  
#3 Posted : 17 May 2008 17:30:03(UTC)
Goofy

The Trix locomotiv are equipped with telex couple and has jackshaft powered.
To take the tractiontyre of from locomotiv is not possible.

If you just did placement an Lenz golddecoder,you could also using an Power 1 that support and helping much more powercontact to the locomotiv from the rail.

The energy storage module Power 1 was designed for connection to Golddecoders.This storage unit supplies both the decoder and the locomotiv even in case of a power interruption on the track(e.g. a dead frog or dirty track).

Goofy Cool
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Roger E  
#4 Posted : 19 May 2008 03:14:50(UTC)
Roger E

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Goofy
If you just did placement an Lenz golddecoder,you could also using an Power 1 that support and helping much more powercontact to the locomotiv from the rail.
Goofy Cool

Thanks for the suggestion Goofy - the Lenz Power 1 looks like an interesting device. I will try to test it out at some point.

The wheels are actually quite easy to pull off and replace due to the plastic hub. I already moved the tyre wheel from the rear to the middle position to reduce the contact problem. This helped quite a bit, but I would still like to replace it with a plain wheel.

I also find it quite interesting how elegant Marklin have implemented the 2-rail and 3-rail versions of the loc and would like to share with you all a couple of pictures of the arrangement. The top picture shows the 2-rail version with contact springs for the left hand wheels. The right hand wheels get contact trough the axles. On the bottom picture I have replaced the contact assembly with a slider. When put on a 3-rail track it runs like a dream. The only other differences are the isolated wheel sets and the decoder. Neat!

UserPostedImage

-Roger