Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mrmarklin  
#1 Posted : 03 February 2008 07:31:51(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
The 73405 pickup shoe does not mate well with the wheel truck. It is very hard to insert the pickup shoe and then the ski is out too far, and the coach derails on every switch. Does anyone at Marklin test these things??[8][8][8]

Or am I doing something wrong?[:o)]

Advice appreciated.

Dave Pryor
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
Offline 7gauges  
#2 Posted : 03 February 2008 16:33:38(UTC)
7gauges

Canada   
Nope the lighting p-ups don't work for me either. Problem might be the cars are out of China and the mounts on the bogies were changed slightly - the lighting kits are of German origin - the two have never met until the consumer had them. So no in order to increase profit and lower cost - they have a new scheme - not factory tested - but consumer tested.

Still sneaky the way they don't show country of origin - I like the cute little tags that are cheesily glued on when imported in the NAFTA system, that say made in China - just screams quality!

Honestly Marklin is really starting to suck.
Collecting / Fixing and Running trains since 1966.
Offline jeehring  
#3 Posted : 03 February 2008 18:32:06(UTC)
jeehring

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by mrmarklin
<br />The 73405 pickup shoe does not mate well with the wheel truck. It is very hard to insert the pickup shoe and then the ski is out too far, and the coach derails on every switch. Does anyone at Marklin test these things??[8][8][8]

Advice appreciated.

Dave Pryor

On which coach did you try to install it ?
Don't you think that it can't be installed on all , but only on some of them ? What about the generator coach ?
Did Trix forgot something ? ( as you know Trix is working with two rails system on which there is no need for slider )
Reading french forum , this problem hasn't be mentionned yet . But it has been mentionned that it could have been some mixing of Trix and Marklin coaches ( no sure : it is only based upon the fact that one guy says that he has similar road numbers on Trix and Marklin versions while other people mentionned that Trix & Marklin versions have different road numbers )
Offline mrmarklin  
#4 Posted : 03 February 2008 18:43:36(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
Marklin's literature included with the set states the the Marklin and Trix coaches have different numbers. The first (and only so far) coach that I attempted is 41872. I do not have the Trix coaches yet, although they are on order.
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
Offline Hemmerich  
#5 Posted : 03 February 2008 19:43:24(UTC)
Hemmerich

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by mrmarklin

Hi Dave,

when you pushed the slider into the bogie, did you make sure that its "head clamp" is fully visible at the upper side of the bogie mount.

Wrong inserted:

UserPostedImage

Correct inserted:

UserPostedImage

When inserted correct, its side movement will also be minimal.
Offline TTRExpress  
#6 Posted : 05 February 2008 16:53:01(UTC)
TTRExpress

United States   
You may want to consider using the pick-up shoe (slider) from NPE Modellbau GbR, part no. NZ33661. I have attached a link to their website http://www.npe-modellbau.de/produkte.php#zube

There are no USA model dealers for these items so you will have to go through a German model dealer. Matschke Modellbahn will be able to order them for you.

Hope this helps a little.
Regards (a Scot in Wisconsin),

Maurice [ETE, TTRCA, IG-TRIX Express, Maerklin-Insider & TRIX Profi-Club]
Offline Hemmerich  
#7 Posted : 09 February 2008 18:34:55(UTC)
Hemmerich

I checked on this issue again, now with the car #41872.

It is as I had mentioned before - the pickup shoe holder MUST be fully inserted; if done so there is no derailing (I did some quite extensive tests).

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

It is correct - a lot of pressure is needed to get the slider fully inserted. This is due to a slightly smaller diameter of the bogie hole compared to those of other cars. My recommendation would be to widen it up to 4mm to accomplish the task easier. wink