Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline MärCo  
#1 Posted : 13 January 2008 16:45:12(UTC)
MärCo

I am learning myself today the working of the CS.
I encounter two problems.

1) I have two locomotives with the address factory setting 78. How to change one of the addresses to 77 (or another number). My older locomotives have DIP switches, and setting the address is not a problem for me. But I don't understand how to change the fixed settings.

2) I have 14 switches with 74460 decoders. I can't manage to operate them. According to the manual the DIP switches are set correct. I have also checked the switch motors seperate on a analog transformer. The switch motors are working. But as soon as I build them in with the decoder, and operate them on the CS they doesn,t work. What am I doing wrong?

Absolutly AFB-NOHAB fan ;-)
Offline Schienenbus  
#2 Posted : 13 January 2008 16:50:04(UTC)
Schienenbus

to 1)
No way to change it as far as I know. I had the same problem and I had the decoder changed on the locos, to a modern version that allows to change the address. This is not a CS problem - the same would happen with an old digital controller with this rather ancient locos.

to 2)
I assume you did set the decoders up as solenoid accessories in the CS following the manual. Do you have the decoders connected to C-track? Then try reversing the connection wires (red and brown). I did the same thing - after reversing the wires the decoders worked.

Does that help?
Offline MärCo  
#3 Posted : 13 January 2008 16:54:34(UTC)
MärCo

Update point 2: the switches does work with the ugly box. I presume a fault connction with the previous one.
Offline MärCo  
#4 Posted : 13 January 2008 17:06:47(UTC)
MärCo

Update point 2: switch 2 has wrong DIP switch setting. Corrected, switch is working.
Offline Guus  
#5 Posted : 13 January 2008 17:24:49(UTC)
Guus

Netherlands   
Hallo Märco,

I suppose you've already looked at Märklins FAQ's,but just in case you didn't here's a suggestion for the loc programming:

FAQ # 199:

Mir ist es nicht möglich mit der Central Station über "Lok ändern" die Adresse der Lok umzuprogrammieren. Was mache ich falsch?

In seltenen Fällen kommt es vor, daß sich eine programmierbare Lok über "Lok ändern" nicht umprogrammieren läßt. Gehen Sie dann bitte auf den Reiter "Erweitert" und bestätigen Sie dort die Adresse mit dem Programmierbutton (Symbol Pfeil auf Gleis). Diese Methode funktioniert immer.

Hope this helps,

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Guus
Kind regards,
Guus
Offline Schienenbus  
#6 Posted : 13 January 2008 19:04:29(UTC)
Schienenbus

Guus,

The very first generation DELTA decoders had fixed addresses - steam engines at 78. They cannot be changed as far as I was told.

Right?

Arthur
Offline Guus  
#7 Posted : 13 January 2008 19:11:54(UTC)
Guus

Netherlands   
originally posted by Arthur:

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:The very first generation DELTA decoders had fixed addresses - steam engines at 78. They cannot be changed as far as I was told.

Right?

I assumed Märco was talking about the programmable decoders,but haven't tthought about the DELTA possibility.

Still the DELTA decoders can be changed into other adresses by means of DIP switches,although there's a limited amount of adresses available.
Also see;http://medienpdb.maerklin.de/fa...-DeltaBetriebTabelle.pdf

Kind regards
Guus
Kind regards,
Guus
Offline MärCo  
#8 Posted : 13 January 2008 19:51:00(UTC)
MärCo

The older Delta decoder has indeed 4 DIP switches. These addresses can be changed in a limited other addressses.
The two locomotives I want to change are (don't laugh wink) Percy and Thomas. Both are set on address 78.
Offline RayF  
#9 Posted : 13 January 2008 20:09:44(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Percy and Thomas, AFAIK, have the type of decoder included in the 60760 set. You can reprogram it in the same way as for a Lokpilot with a 6021 control unit. With a CS, I believe you change CV1 to the required address using the menus, but I don't have one, so you need advice from someone who does.

Ray
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline Schienenbus  
#10 Posted : 13 January 2008 21:52:55(UTC)
Schienenbus

If you got DIP switches than there is no problem. Just change it on the decoder, set the CS to the new address and there you go.
Offline MärCo  
#11 Posted : 13 January 2008 22:38:41(UTC)
MärCo

Well, I stop for now. Tomorrow is another day wink.
All switches are programmed, and working.
I will first program the locomotives with DIP switches, leaving programming the other decoders for later. Perhaps I will ask the help from my dealer, since it only concerns 4 locomotives.

Still think the CS is a fabulous device to work with Smile.