Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Falconrep  
#1 Posted : 06 January 2008 02:56:19(UTC)
Falconrep

United States   
Hi all, I was sent to Korea for a week and my first stop was an overnighter in Seoul. I ended up at the Millenium Hilton, by the way a great hotel if you're ever in the neighborhood. It's my third time here and it has aleways been great. Anyway the train part of this! I asked at the front desk this AM about taking a morning walk down to the local train station. I was directed out the back of the hotel and was fortunate for that. Downstairs they have a fantastic large scale railroad. Probably LGB but I wasn't looking too closely, just looked at all the trains and scenery. Seems this is their regular Christmas display and I was just lucky enough to see it before it got taken down. I took a lot of pics which I'll attempt to upload if I can figure out how to get them from hte camera to the computer at the hotel in Changwon, my final destination. The final COOL part of this trip is that I will be taking my first HIGH speed rail trip this AM. In fact only about an hour from now I'll be heading south from Seoul to Pusan. Its about a 4 hour trip and I booked it first class, I am excited. More on this later.
It might have been better on another forum, but I really didn't have a lot of time to look. Just wanted to tell anyone planning on coming to Seoul around the holidays where to find this great layout.
Thomas Wondrock
Offline PierreGILLARD  
#2 Posted : 06 January 2008 15:02:35(UTC)
PierreGILLARD

Enjoy your ride ! Smile

Pierre.
Offline Falconrep  
#3 Posted : 06 January 2008 22:33:28(UTC)
Falconrep

United States   
Thanks Pierre,
My first high speed rail trip was great. The Korail KTX from Seoul to Pusan took about 3 hours reaching speeds as great as 305kph. The KTX trains are not Korean they are French TGV's. The ride was smooth and quiet. Looking forward to my return trip next Saturday.
Thomas Wondrock