Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Nuno  
#1 Posted : 31 October 2003 13:47:55(UTC)
Nuno

Hello

I have bought a Memory recently, but I have not tested it yet and I am not very familiar with it so far, although I have read the instructions carefully and more or less could understand it. However, there is a point where the manual is not very clear [:(]: about the interlocking function and the release inputs.

I think I understand in general the idea, which is to avoid one train to go into a route that has been previously defined to another train, therefore avoiding collisions. But how this is in fact realised in practice, together with the feedback release inputs, is another matter.

A few examples would help, but as I said the manual does not give any. Does anybody have experience with this? Could someone give me a practical example or two that could explain the advantages of this feature, please?

Cheers,

Nuno Smile

Offline tnx jake  
#2 Posted : 31 October 2003 17:05:00(UTC)
tnx jake

Nuno,

I don't know where you live, but about two years ago the US Insider Magazine ran a five or six articles on how to program and use the memory. I am in the process of unpacking after a move, but I think I know where it is. I don't have scanning capability at the moment, but I could fax it to you if you would like. It is really very well done and moved me from where you are now to really understanding what the Memory can do.

Jack
Offline Nuno  
#3 Posted : 31 October 2003 19:20:10(UTC)
Nuno

Dear Jack

Thanks very much for your kind offer, I really appreciate it. I've only started this hobby about two years ago and I do not have those magazines. I am sure they will solve my doubts.

My name is Nuno Maia, I live in Portugal and you can use the fax number + 351 21 8417915.

Best regards,

Nuno Smile

Offline Thanos  
#4 Posted : 01 November 2003 00:01:54(UTC)
Thanos

Since it's useful to know more about the memory box not only for those that have it but also for those that are planning/thinking of buying one, wouldn't it be nice to have the information posted permanently on this site?
Most probably copyright issues apply, but if it's a two year old article, maybe Marklin Insider won't mind?
Thanos

Offline tnx jake  
#5 Posted : 01 November 2003 02:44:02(UTC)
tnx jake

Nunno and Thanos,

Nuno,I will fax it to you in the next couple of days.

I will be happy to make it available to the Webmaster by fax. The US Insider is copyrited, so I would think that he would need to get permission from New Berlin.

It really is a excellent series of articles and would be worth having as a reference.

Jack