Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Caplin  
#1 Posted : 26 November 2007 21:29:01(UTC)
Caplin

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:

Originally posted by nevw

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:

Originally posted by Caplin

Thanks nev.

Hopefully this is the case, then there surely will be an update which we all can download and install with our new (updated) CS'

But the first step is how will a potential problem such like this become known to M* Does anybody know?

Send Marklin Service Centre an Email describing the problem and behaviour and also ask Lutz who is the correct destination/Marklin Section to send a second follow-up email to

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Nev,
Done that now.

The basic contents:
Header: 60212 Central Station V2
Body: Regarding Software.
The issue is dealing with the "unstable" behaviour of the direction arrows underneath the speed graph.
It is fully described in the following link. Please read https://www.marklin-user...ult.aspx?g=posts&t=8377.
Please recognize the issue worthy to investigate/correct.

By the way, thank you for bringing our CS's to V2 at no cost. It is really a pleasure with the new capabilities.

Kind regards,
Benny Bentzen
Dänemark
No response from the Service Center so far. At least I have been expecting an auto-reply acknowledging my mail. It seems that M* does not handle error/request mails in that way. But I don't even know if M* ever got my report and is aware of the issue!

So I would like to send a follow-up mail, but whom to confused

@Lutz: Now I follow Nev's suggestion and ask you, Lutz. Can you supply me with a name and e-mail address for a follow-up mail confused

Maybe M* has a page on their website with a listing of requests and/or outstanding problems. Does anybody know - if yes: where then confused
Regards,
Benny - Outsider and MFDWPL

UserPostedImage
Offline nevw  
#2 Posted : 27 November 2007 00:38:28(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Benny,
I dont think you will get an answer. M never lets you know that the email was received. No page on web site re outstanding problems AFAIK.
My Suggestion is to send an email to Marklin USA. At least they answer within the week, even if they do not have the full answer.

N
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline frankie  
#3 Posted : 27 November 2007 11:34:20(UTC)
frankie

Benny, I believe your issue is just a matter of touch-screen out of calibration, I have used the change of direction you mention with 10+ locos and it worked all the time.
I can't recall, you use an handheld stylus, correct?
Try to pin-point where you get the correct behaviour and where not depending on where the stylus touches the screen.
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline Caplin  
#4 Posted : 27 November 2007 16:31:09(UTC)
Caplin

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for the reply. This is a very interesting turn of events. I will certainly try this out to-night.

But I must say most times I use the pointed end of the black M* un-coupler as my finger is too thick anyway and as far as I understand Lutz' reply on the original topic as well as explained in the CS manual (pg. 32 top left) the only difference between the red knob stopping and the direction indicators (arrow heads) is that the latter restart the loc setting the old speed. The stopping action is the same (immediately). "Works as designed" is the phrase.

You got a brand new CS very recently (after a series of bad events like Nev's). Please see if you have a higher SW level than the 2.03.

I am also very axious about Nev getting a brand new one. I am sure he will test this thoroughly and inform us of his findings.
Regards,

UserPostedImage
Offline Caplin  
#5 Posted : 27 November 2007 22:14:46(UTC)
Caplin

So I tried it out. Unfortunately no change of the situation. I activated the dir. indicators with a plastic pointer around all edges, in the center, in all possible places. Only now and again the loc. would do a soft stop (like when you touch the speed graph) before the reversing. Most times the loc. would do a sudden stop (like when you press the red knob).

I still think it is a SW issue, that hopefully will be corrected in the future.
Regards,

UserPostedImage
Offline hemau  
#6 Posted : 27 November 2007 23:00:16(UTC)
hemau

Hi,
I tried this tonight with my NS 1855 M* with high-power 5* motor. It stops immediately and then goes off slowly in the other direction. The only loco which will brake slowly in this procedure is my Mehano with a ESU decoder. The way it brakes, depends on the setting of the braking CV.
Henk
C and M track; CS1R and 2 MS
Offline Purellum  
#7 Posted : 28 November 2007 11:42:13(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:I use the pointed end of the black M* un-coupler
Try the original Marklin-users! biggrinbiggrin

Per.
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
Offline nevw  
#8 Posted : 28 November 2007 11:57:29(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Purellum
<br />
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:I use the pointed end of the black M* un-coupler

Per.

Coloured or Plain. Better check with David as to available Stocks. also if you want MFX, FX, or anologue, left Hand or Right Hand or ambidextrous.biggrin
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline Guus  
#9 Posted : 28 November 2007 12:23:11(UTC)
Guus

Netherlands   
Hi Benny,

From my own experience on technical questions I can say Märklin will eventually answer.

I don't know whether you're an Insider member or not,but there's a more specified contact adress on the members site.

Kind regards
Guus
Kind regards,
Guus
Offline Caplin  
#10 Posted : 28 November 2007 18:29:10(UTC)
Caplin

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Purellum
<br />
Quote:

Per.

Not down that road again, please [}:)]winkwinkbiggrinbiggrin
Regards,

UserPostedImage
Offline Caplin  
#11 Posted : 28 November 2007 18:39:15(UTC)
Caplin

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Guus
<br />Hi Benny,

From my own experience on technical questions I can say Märklin will eventually answer.

I don't know whether you're an Insider member or not,but there's a more specified contact adress on the members site.

Kind regards
Guus
Hi Guus,

Yes, eventually. My main concern is if my request is acknowledged as a SW issue worth to investigate or not. Now I don't even know if it is routed to the right people.

No I am not an Insider member (not happy to read about member dissatisfaction, so I have put it off).
Regards,

UserPostedImage