Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline WelshMatt  
#1 Posted : 17 June 2007 15:26:55(UTC)
WelshMatt

I'm thinking about buying one of these but would like to know one thing if anyone else has one - I realise it has a Delta decoder, but is it the variety where the headlight function can be enabled by adding a couple of solder bridges? I'm assuming the loco performance will be otherwise identical to my 6080-fitted BR.212 (which isn't too shabby)? Thanks in advance for any advice!
Matt from Wales.

When you pay Range Rover prices, don't accept Lada quality
Offline Hemmerich  
#2 Posted : 17 June 2007 20:03:49(UTC)
Hemmerich

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by WelshMatt
<br />I'm thinking about buying one of these but would like to know one thing if anyone else has one - I realise it has a Delta decoder, but is it the variety where the headlight function can be enabled by adding a couple of solder bridges? I'm assuming the loco performance will be otherwise identical to my 6080-fitted BR.212 (which isn't too shabby)? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hi Matt,

it is a very nice train set, IMHO worth buying (if someone is a Swiss trains fan - like me! biggrin)

UserPostedImage

The loco is factory equipped std #6603 Delta decoder; i.e. 15+1 addresses, no soldering pads and thus no headlight switching (unless you perform one of the known modifications at this decoder). Driving performance is "Delta"; if you want to change/improve it you'd need at least something like a 606760 HLA conversion kit - which is fine since the model has a DCM as you can see from the picture).

For real "superb" driving you need to get access to the driver seat in this one! winkwinkwink

UserPostedImage

Offline Bart  
#3 Posted : 17 June 2007 23:55:40(UTC)
Bart

Netherlands   
I have one and I like it, despite the delta characteristics.

Yet another alternative is to go mfx/load regulated: get a cheap Feuerwehr BR 212 from a starter set and exchange bodies Cool[:0]
*Bart
Offline steventrain  
#4 Posted : 18 June 2007 00:04:10(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Bart
<br />

Yet another alternative is to go mfx/load regulated: get a cheap Feuerwehr BR 212 from a starter set and exchange bodies Cool[:0]

That's sound a good idea!
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline WelshMatt  
#5 Posted : 18 June 2007 00:10:29(UTC)
WelshMatt

Thanks chaps, I might well buy one then! I have a rather battered transparent BR.212 at the moment (good spare shells for these seem very rare - the original has yellowed and is cracked) and would like to add another.
Matt from Wales.

When you pay Range Rover prices, don't accept Lada quality