Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Seetal  
#1 Posted : 17 October 2006 06:44:01(UTC)
Seetal

Hi all,

A lot of traffic recently about quantity of rolling stock and locos. I was wondering though about your favourite combinations of freight cars and locos. I like the Marklin catalog pages that shown engines and freight wagons and noted that some "look" better to me than others. So this topic is more about personal likes but could also serve to provide suggestions for making your own consists.

For example some consists I like are:
a 6/8 Kroc pulling several wagon loads of lumber/cut trees
an Ae 6/6 pulling a series of tank cars such as the Henkels.

John

ps if you like passenger cars you could start another topic.
Offline foumaro  
#2 Posted : 17 October 2006 09:57:29(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
Very good idea,and it will be better if we have photos.biggrin
Offline viragoLDR  
#3 Posted : 17 October 2006 12:04:51(UTC)
viragoLDR

I like my Japanese M250 super rail cargo container train =)

http://www.newhallstatio...de8ffd22c6be29f30d163ab5

I have both sets, so it's 16 parts in total.
- Martijn
(early planning : H0-scale Era I K.Bay.sts.b)
(active planning : N-scale mixed late Era Japanese)
(possibly something Z-scale as well ;))
Offline john black  
#4 Posted : 17 October 2006 12:06:51(UTC)
john black

United States   
John: Generally I prefer them to be "clean" - i.e. a coal train (hoppers only), a fuel train, another one with box cars & reefers, and so on ... MOW or fire trains are "mixed" consists, of course Smile
I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...
Outlaw Member of BIG JUHAN's OUTSIDER CLUB. With the most members, worldwide

Offline hxmiesa  
#5 Posted : 17 October 2006 12:07:31(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
I operate with fairly fixed consists. (just to say that I dont change them often, I prefer to see them pass by, ratehr than operate them... ;-)

I have a green swiss croc pulling almost all my swiss, austrian and italian (1)cars. It´s a rather short train.

Then I have an older epoc III (not) train whose composition I have done only for estethic reasons (MY taste ;-)
Apart from some märklin museums cars, a tank-car from Knuffingen (yes, that!), the whole composition can be seen (barely) in my video on YouTube...

Then I have a super-long train carefully mixed with heavy and light waggons from several different brands. It´s an almost 4 meter long test-train to iron out bugs in the layout. If this train passes, all trains will probably work. It looks good and is quite impressive!

One of my danish Nohabs (MY) is pulling a 13 waggon consist of 4 axled coal hoppers from "Herningvaerket". As only 12 waggons exist in real life, the 13th is a similar one but in DB livery. A nice unit train.
Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com
Offline Transfesa  
#6 Posted : 17 October 2006 13:23:15(UTC)
Transfesa

Hi all,

I've several consists that I usually run with slight changes and can be pulled by BR 50, BR 151, Ae6/6 or NS 1200 , which are:

- A tank train, with 7 or 8 old tank wagons from different oil companies.
- A container train, with 4 platforms and 3 low side wagons loaded with 20' and 40' containers.
- A fridge train, with 9 or 10 fridge wagons from some brands of bier and other food (Milka, Chupa-Chups, Danone, etc).
- A heavy train, with two heavy load 6-axle wagons with iron, a low platform with an electrical transformer, 2 or 3 stake cars loaded with metallic tubes and 2 Gs closed wagons.

But I have a consist that is my favourite among all. It's pulled by the BR 55, and always has oldtimer 2-axle wagons from era III, that usually are:

- A X05 loaded with lumber or a Lanz Bulldog, a X05 with driver's cabin and loaded with lumber, an old tank car from VTG, an Omm loaded with coal, a G10 closed wagon, two wooden barrel wagons with driver's cabin from Trix and a G10 with driver's cabin from an apple liquor.

I'm sorry I don't have the Märklin references by the moment.

Kind regards.

Julio Castillo
Madrid, Spain
Offline haxpet  
#7 Posted : 17 October 2006 13:53:45(UTC)
haxpet

I have 4 4756 Shell wagons, and 3 or 4 4644 BP wagons. I realy like those heavy trains that transport oil, or fuel.

Also ore or coal hoppers could be nice. I guess that will be next on the list.
Märklin, 3R, Digital (system), C-Track, favourit loco: Baureihe 103 137-6
My homepage: http://home.aland.net/mi...da/MR/modelrailroad.html
I will buy Märklin 4644 BP tankerwagons that have the original box and are in good condition. (No broken details)
Offline DamonKelly  
#8 Posted : 17 October 2006 15:11:24(UTC)
DamonKelly

Australia   
I have a collection of sets, although I've only recenty restarted my MRR hobby:

<ul><li>Rheingold set 4228 - truly beautiful</li><li>Feuerwehr set, with all the extra wagons</li><li>The faux-Soviet sets 47897 and 47899, with the BR52/TE 3915 (#37159) coming soon from eBay</li><li>A "last drinks" set with 8 beer wagons, 3 wine, 1 glass wagon, and the new 46364 mobile still (this set to be continued...biggrin)</li><li>DSB set with Hobbytrade MZ and a couple of Roco wagons</li></ul>
I don't know yet whether I'll do much re-coupling, since I don't actually have a layout yet [:(], but they look good toghether on the attic floor Smile
Cheers,
Damon