Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline sfophx  
#1 Posted : 05 May 2024 00:41:58(UTC)
sfophx

United States   
I recently installed two new decoders, in two different loco's. One decoder was ESU and the other Uhlenbrock. I installed both using the NEM color code, for guidance. The decoders work fine, except for lights ? One loco has only a front light and the other has both a front and rear light.

On the front light only...it only comes on when the loco is put into reverse ? When it is put into forward travel, the light goes out ?

On the front/rear loco...again, the lights work opposite of each other? The rear light turns on when the loco is in forward motion, the front light turns on when the loco is in reverse ?

I followed the wiring instructions as per the decoder. Is there a setting I need to adjust ? Should I change wiring in some way?

Appreciate any thoughts ...
Stephen
Offline cintrans  
#2 Posted : 05 May 2024 01:16:20(UTC)
cintrans

Aruba   
Stephen

Did you upgrade the motors also?

There are two solutions for both lok's:
1- switch the two wires that go to the motor (green & blue wire if i recall correctly)
2- go into the CV of the decoder (sorry, don't know the CV number out of my head, should be in the manual of the decoders) and switch the direction that way...

Regards
Jean-Pierre
Offline sfophx  
#3 Posted : 05 May 2024 05:02:31(UTC)
sfophx

United States   
Originally Posted by: cintrans Go to Quoted Post
Stephen

Did you upgrade the motors also?

There are two solutions for both lok's:
1- switch the two wires that go to the motor (green & blue wire if i recall correctly)
2- go into the CV of the decoder (sorry, don't know the CV number out of my head, should be in the manual of the decoders) and switch the direction that way...

Regards
Jean-Pierre

Jean-Pierre,
Thanks for the response, I'll definitely try the decoder option, first. I'll check for the CV number, first.

Thanks,
Stephen
Offline einotuominen  
#4 Posted : 07 May 2024 12:13:29(UTC)
einotuominen

Finland   
Hi,

For NEM colors, the motor wires are orange and grey.

If one light is not on at all, then maybe the connections are not in order? Have you got a multimeter to check that there is conductivity all the way from the lights anode and cathode back to the decoder solder pads?

Obviously switching the motor connection correctly will change end in a desired result.

BR,
Eino