Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Goofy  
#1 Posted : 19 April 2024 17:48:40(UTC)
Goofy

I did watched new video at Youtube that there are customer who did bought Märklins new BR78.10 39782 and just after few minutes by pull wagon set the locomotive slips on the tracks!
With difference video links they did show same problem.
So a tip...if you shall buy BR78.10 think first before you buy it.
The locomotive model is not even worth 499,00 € to buy.
Cursing
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline David Dewar  
#2 Posted : 19 April 2024 19:51:45(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
I did watched new video at Youtube that there are customer who did bought Märklins new BR78.10 39782 and just after few minutes by pull wagon set the locomotive slips on the tracks!
Cursing

Could we have a link to the video please
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline Marklineisenbahn  
#3 Posted : 19 April 2024 20:19:53(UTC)
Marklineisenbahn

United States   
Cursing

Goofy ,
Hopefully you have a great time bashing the brand ! Let me tell you something buy one first and see for yourself and don’t depend on what you have seen or heard on U-tube !
What others are saying cause internet is full of trolls! Some even get paid for their content and complains.

After all, you are a constant discontent and pessimist from the get go regardless of the situation. So stop complaining cause you don’t have a locomotive.
Myself actually I own one BR78.10 and I can’t complain about it.
Cheers,
Marklineisenbahn
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Marklineisenbahn
Offline Purellum  
#4 Posted : 19 April 2024 23:48:27(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Goofy probably saw this video:

Unfortunately he missed this text under the video:

"Ein Duell der BR78.10 und der BR38 von Märklin im Gleiswendel hoch fahren unter 3% steigung! Leider hat die BR78.10 nicht es geschaft mit der Fahrstufe 59 von 100 km konstant durch zu fahren wie bei BR38 war das eher besser mit der Fahr leisteung. Zum schluss kommt kurz die BR64 mit konstanter Geschwindigkeit locker hoch."

Google translation:

"A duel between the BR78.10 and the BR38 from Märklin in the spiral track driving up under a 3% gradient! Unfortunately, the BR78.10 was not able to drive consistently over 100 km at speed level 59, as with the BR38 the driving performance was rather better. Finally, the BR64 comes up easily at a constant speed"

And this comment from the guy who made the video:

"Die beiden sind im R1 im Wendel nicht sehr gut hoch gekommen aber die kleine BR64 hat das besser hin bekommen. Vielleicht liegt es am Wendel aber habe ihn extra umgebaut. Leider kann will ich die ganze Anlage nicht völlig neu bauen da ich kein Haus habe"

Google translation:

"The two of them didn't get up the helix very well in the R1, but the small BR64 did a better job. Maybe it's the helix but I rebuilt it specifically. Unfortunately, I can't build the entire complex from scratch because I don't have a house"

Of course there's no reason to mention the 3% grade on a radius 1 badly build helix, if you just want to bash Märklin BigGrin

Per.

P.S: It can't be this video Goofy has seen:

Cool
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Goofy  
#5 Posted : 20 April 2024 06:57:41(UTC)
Goofy

H0
Online Copenhagen  
#6 Posted : 20 April 2024 10:03:57(UTC)
Copenhagen

This is so Goofy (try and google "what does goofy mean" BigGrin
The first link is just to a long list of youtube videos!
The second shows the locomotive going up an incline presumably without any problems? It starts from a standstill and then slowly moves forward and accelerates.
The third shows the locomotive on a flat layout.

Of course Maerklin is not fault free. I have a Maerklin steamer where the traction tires should have been placed on another axle to improve the traction capabilities.
Offline Purellum  
#7 Posted : 20 April 2024 10:04:06(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

@Goofy: This is actually funny, you have just proven the opposite of what you wanted LOL Laugh LOL

Your first link takes us to all videos with the 39782, that doesn't give us anything BigGrin

The second link takes us to the same video I posted above, made by a guy who wants to show how well his 39782 behaves,
when starting from standstill on a curved grade Laugh LOL Laugh

The third video is made on a layout with a clearly visible "hole" in the tracks, so bad that the wheels of the 39782 is even spinning
when slowing down ( from 10:25 in the video - and also noticed by some of the commenters on Youtube ), because the locomotive
is more or less hanging on the leading axles BigGrin

If you look at the video at 11:05, after the departure of the train, you can clearly se the "hole" / "bend" in the tracks, where it should
have been a smooth transition.

One of the comments related to the steep change in grade:

"I'm not sure if my comment is stupid, but was this place intentionally built so steeply that it shouldn't be? I mean you can see with the naked eye how the route climbs on the short stretch!"

And you have clearly missed the several comments from the other video viewers, telling how well the locomotive behaves on 4% grades LOL

"I now have a huge system with gradients that the locomotive doesn't care about and I also have the train on it. My highest gradient is 2 percent and without any problems and we also tested it with my friend, he has it too and the train at 4 percent without any problems!!"

"An hour ago I had both trains running one after the other with my friend with 4 percent no problems"

This one apparently had a problem with the loco pulling the tender off:

"I'm surprised that the locomotive even pulls the cars. On my 78 1001 the tender came off immediately while towing. This is a cheap connection with no grooves to lock into place. A few drops of glue and the tender brought close to the locomotive. The locomotive stops, drives and pulls the cars over my layout with gradients of just over 4%. The locomotive tender problem also appeared on 781002. Greetings Roland"

Per.

Cool

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Goofy  
#8 Posted : 20 April 2024 11:18:55(UTC)
Goofy

Just hook up wagons on the locomotive and it start at once slips.
Did you even watched videos???

Confused
H0
Offline Purellum  
#9 Posted : 20 April 2024 13:00:23(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Did you even watched videos???

Yes, I watched the videos, and especially this one, linked by you, which shows the exactly opposite of what you're saying:

One of the comments to this video is, Google translated:

"The result is impressive. Starting with the trailer in a curve with an incline. And that with 2 traction tires"

LOL Laugh LOL Laugh

The big question is: Did you watch the videos, and did you understand what they're about? BigGrin

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline bph  
#10 Posted : 20 April 2024 13:10:14(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: Purellum Go to Quoted Post
Cool
@Goofy: This is actually funny, you have just proven the opposite of what you wanted LOL Laugh LOL

The third video is made on a layout with a clearly visible "hole" in the tracks, so bad that the wheels of the 39782 is even spinning
when slowing down ( from 10:25 in the video - and also noticed by some of the commenters on Youtube ), because the locomotive
is more or less hanging on the leading axles BigGrin

If you look at the video at 11:05, after the departure of the train, you can clearly se the "hole" / "bend" in the tracks, where it should
have been a smooth transition.

Per.
Cool

Well spotted ThumpUp

Actually, the performance is quite decent when you take into consideration that it's on poorly laid tracks with a 5% incline and with a "hole" and in a curve. (ref from the youtuber: Ja, an der Teststelle sind es 5% MIT LEICHTER NEIGUNG in der Kurve. Ansonsten würde der Zug auch die 5% hier packen).
Several of his other locomotives also struggle in the exact same spot, E.g. in this video at 12:35 https://youtu.be/rvkq9eUI3oI?t=755

And as you say the "second video" is made to show that the locomotive actually performs quite well.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by bph
Offline Goofy  
#11 Posted : 20 April 2024 13:42:48(UTC)
Goofy

Some others Märklin locomotives does also have slips problem which you can see in others videos. I am pretty sure that the problem are Märklin tractive effort like BR78.10 are wrong. The place of rubber tires are wrong. That is the problem which you confuse about it.
H0
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline Purellum  
#12 Posted : 20 April 2024 14:52:33(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Some others Märklin locomotives does also have slips problem which you can see in others videos.

Not only Märklin, it's actually a quite normal thing BigGrin

Many has tried to replicate this in models, so far only Märklin has made it so it looks real BigGrin

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline river6109  
#13 Posted : 21 April 2024 11:18:30(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
I think we went through this before especially with the new BR 38, so Märklin added another axle with rubber tyres, they may, if necessary do the same with 78.10

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by river6109
Offline Goofy  
#14 Posted : 23 April 2024 05:17:37(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
I think we went through this before especially with the new BR 38, so Märklin added another axle with rubber tyres, they may, if necessary do the same with 78.10

John

What!?
It is same problem like before.
There are just only two rubber tyres in the wrong wheels.

H0
Offline Goofy  
#15 Posted : 23 April 2024 05:23:06(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: Purellum Go to Quoted Post

Some others Märklin locomotives does also have slips problem which you can see in others videos.

Not only Märklin, it's actually a quite normal thing

Many has tried to replicate this in models, so far only Märklin has made it so it looks real

Per.

Here i have tried to help you with information and i know that there are members here who have also complained about Märklin locomotives which usually slide in curves with wagons in tow.
And you´re kidding??
It´s a tragic to see that you are not serious when we discuss a problem that cost nearly 500 € that are waste money.

Confused

/* And on that note we close this topic. */

Edited by moderator 23 April 2024 21:01:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

H0