Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline husafreak  
#1 Posted : 03 March 2024 19:13:17(UTC)
husafreak

United States   
A couple of years ago at a shop in Aachen, Germany I held a cobalt blue E18 Marklin #88088 in my hands but ultimately did not buy it. I wished I had later! What a beautiful locomotive. So I jumped act the chance to own the new E19 #88085 release. As displayed in a museum in 1977 when I graduated from H.S. What fun. It is in the mail to me but I wondered if any of you are already driving the 88088 or 88085?
Offline Marklineisenbahn  
#2 Posted : 03 March 2024 19:44:28(UTC)
Marklineisenbahn

United States   
Hi Husafreak,
Well… You won’t be disappointed with this little gem. I have 88088 Blue DB version from Epoch III pulling set of Schurtzen wagons and I love it. Really nice locomotive - the only thing I have done to make it look more realistic- I painted red insulators and cables with Humbrol Matt clear varnish so it lost that plastic shine and now it’s just fine.
I know some Märklin Mini Club models are hogs but this one is cute little gem together with my V300 are my favorite locomotives and they come with some nice pulling power… [ although I did not test it on gradients ]
Enjoy your new E18
Cheers,
Marklineisenbahn
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Marklineisenbahn
Zme
Offline Zme  
#3 Posted : 04 March 2024 20:47:24(UTC)
Zme

United States   
Hello hope all is well.

Sounds like a great story. With four drive axles, this has the potential to be a good puller if it has the weight needed. Let us know how it performs.

Is this an example which supports my statement “have patience, because sooner or later you will find what you are looking for.” I think it might.

Thanks. I am still haunted by that Br 94 I almost had. Keep an eye on your shipment. Take good care.

Zme
Offline husafreak  
#4 Posted : 05 March 2024 17:03:22(UTC)
husafreak

United States   
E19 88085.jpeg
E18 88088.jpeg

That's great, I'm sure it will run well. Actually I know it will because the Z Scale Hobo posted a short video of it being test run before shipping.
It's probably just as well that I didn't have to choose between both. While very similar and might even look the same to a casual observer (wife?) the E19 has more trim paint on the body and details (sand pipes?) on the bogeys. But those lower bogey details obscure the red driving wheels on the E19 which are one of the most colorful details of this series.
Great idea about painting the red electrical components on the roof. They always seem too bright and plasticky on our models don't they.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by husafreak
Offline husafreak  
#5 Posted : 29 March 2024 04:30:02(UTC)
husafreak

United States   
Got my E19 and it is a very smooth running loco. It looks great with a lot of presence but like I guessed the detail on the trucks completely obscures the red wheels. The pantograph and roof electric details are very fine and look terrific. It is a handsome loco. Unfortunately, I read in my Trainini magazine that Marklin screwed up and this color scheme never actually existed! It should have been red not blue. Shame on you Marklin, LOL. Z Scale just doesn't get any respect...
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by husafreak