Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline einotuominen  
#1 Posted : 14 February 2024 14:11:14(UTC)
einotuominen

Finland   
Hi guys,

I've actually managed to install several telex couplers on mSD3 and Loksound 5 decoders, but after I bought the latest V60 model as new, I fell in love with the "uncoupler function" where the loco performs a series of moves to do the uncoupling.

So I figured the next mSD3 project I'll be making, would feature this.

I downloaded the sound project for the V60 (#37689) as by base. The loco I'm doing is a steamer so some work to be done with the project.

I thought I had everything in place, but when I turn the track power on, telexes (or at least on Aux3 as the other one is not yet installed) activates immediately. Loco works othersvise fine, but the telex is activated and it does not deactivate acording to the automatic shutdown I have set to 7 seconds.

The telex is connected black wire to U+ and gray wire to the Aux3.

BR41_029.mdtp.zip (5,446kb) downloaded 9 time(s).

I have zipped and attached to mdt project here. But it can also be downloaded from my google drive: https://drive.google.com...l-t4Dj9/view?usp=sharing

Hopefully someone can take a look at it, what I have done wrong?

Thanks in advance,

-Eino
Offline einotuominen  
#2 Posted : 14 February 2024 14:21:47(UTC)
einotuominen

Finland   
...One notable difference I found is that in mdt Aux3 and Aux4 are set as logic level outputs.

EDIT: After taking off the logic level outputs checkboxes and reprogramming the decoder, it still triggers the telext when track power is turned on, thou now it seemed to turn it off after a few seconds, but then turns on again immediately.

-Eino
Offline einotuominen  
#3 Posted : 14 February 2024 17:34:19(UTC)
einotuominen

Finland   
Solved. I think.

The big problem was that I had both lights and motor wired the wrong way around. So forwards was really reverse and vice versa. As I mentioned I've only installed the other end telex so far. So I decided to just flip the output direction filter in mdt on so it works.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Also if you use this project, please remember to se Aux3 & 4 to correct modes in "other decoder settings"

-Eino
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by einotuominen