Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 18 January 2024 03:19:14(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I just received my 29000 Set which contains a 6065X Mobile Station. It was upgraded before delivery.
I connected it as instructed and plugged my older 60653 into the second plug in the box.

For the past 4 hours, the new MS has displayed "Auxiliary MS" and "Data transfer Activ" with a bar going from left to right.
The old one just keeps displaying the loco that is listed.

When I first connected the new MS to the box it asked if I wanted to upgrade the box. I said yes and it did.

How long does this process usually take?

Regards

Mike C
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 18 January 2024 08:26:48(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
How long does this process usually take?
A few minutes for each transfer. Not more than 30 minutes for the whole update progress.

If the progress bar freezes for more than 5 minutes, I usually get impatient and disconnect the power supply from the wall outlet for 10+ seconds and try again.
Märklin software shows the same level of quality assurance as all Märklin products and software crashes during updates are to be expected.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline marklinist5999  
#3 Posted : 18 January 2024 12:29:50(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
The 29000 set is a good value, but I found the wallwart power supply not strong enough for a large layout. I ended up getting a CS3+ as well. Now I only had tested it with a floor temporary large oval and a siding, so some track joints may have been loose.
Offline JohnjeanB  
#4 Posted : 18 January 2024 13:56:27(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi
Indeed the wallwart power supply is only 36 W so enough for 3 recent locos (less with older ones with bulbs and massive motors like the 3015 / CCS800) but Märklin never said this MS2 set was for large layouts.
With a CS3 and a 100 W power supply (Märklin 60101) my mid-size layout and its 26 locos and 50 power turnouts with lanterns works with 30% reserve power. No booster needed.
The 29000 Kit loop MUST work without any issues with only one power point especially when it is brand new.

Agreed, on permanent layouts (no plug in plug out or rails) it is better to have power feed points every 2 m maximum.

Cheers
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB