Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline twmarklinfan  
#1 Posted : 24 December 2023 10:28:22(UTC)
twmarklinfan

United Kingdom   
Hello everybody

I was recently looking at the specifications for the 37784 ICE 3 and noticed that it has many more sound and light functions than my 37788.

The 37784 is available as a sound project. So my question is can I download the sound project onto a mSD3 decoder and put that into my 37788 and get all the functionality of the 37784?

I thought I would ask now before the Christmas festivities really kick in and my brain gets too muddled!

Kind regards
Adrian
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 24 December 2023 12:13:07(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: twmarklinfan Go to Quoted Post

The 37784 is available as a sound project. So my question is can I download the sound project onto a mSD3 decoder and put that into my 37788 and get all the functionality of the 37784?

If your 37788 has a 21 pin decoder socket, then it may be an easy update, depending on how the lights map to decoder outputs.

So the first thing to check is what sort of decoder your ICE-3 has in it. If it is not an mfx decoder then it may be a bit of a job to sort out.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline bph  
#3 Posted : 24 December 2023 12:28:15(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: twmarklinfan Go to Quoted Post
Hello everybody

I was recently looking at the specifications for the 37784 ICE 3 and noticed that it has many more sound and light functions than my 37788.

I thought I would ask now before the Christmas festivities really kick in and my brain gets too muddled!

Kind regards
Adrian

Hi
you can most likely do it, but you won't get the extra light functions as they are on an extra susi decoder. so you should edit the project and remove those. I Recommend opening the "driving unit" and making sure it actually has a 21pin mtc decoder, and at the same time check that the speaker is an 8 (or 4) ohm speaker.
you also need to inspect the mapping and make sure it is the same. eg that the aux 3 and 4 are mapped the same (Special functions, always on) and lights + long distance headlights have the same mapping.
Depending on how the interior lights are wired up you might be able to connect those to aux 2 (if it's free) but that needs investigation and you might also need a relay.
And if you do it, you can of course add more sounds to the project. :)
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by bph