Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline steventrain  
#51 Posted : 28 July 2006 10:30:29(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Very good indeed signals plan.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline klinge-germany  
#52 Posted : 28 July 2006 13:09:47(UTC)
klinge-germany

in my opinion the shunting signals which control access to the turntable (or the switchtable in the benelux layout) have been never installed in reality, the access is controlled by a shunting signal on the turntable (only an imitation on the model turntable from M resp. Fleischmann), so this can save money.... A good source of information on signals, their meaning and where to install them can be found in MIBA Report 17 and 18 (noawadays only available via ebay or used book stores). Another opportunity to save money is to replace the shunting signals (or some of them) by waitsignals (Wartesignal, a yellow W) with or without lights (Brawa has them).
Good luck
Alfred
alfred...with M since 1960...layout under construction (in mind...)
collecting M items - but not a collector...
editing posts only for tyops...uppps...typos
Offline Timaximus  
#53 Posted : 28 July 2006 13:23:16(UTC)
Timaximus

Netherlands   
Fredrik, I guess you mean the two I signals?

Alfred, not what you meant, but can I place some Viessmann Warte signals at the turn table for a change? Or should I skip those turn table signals completely?

Timaximus
Märklin | HO | C+K Track | Digital | I+II+III+IV+V | Power and control by Uhlenbrock | Win-Digipet
Offline Munich 1860  
#54 Posted : 28 July 2006 15:09:32(UTC)
Munich 1860

Germany   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Timaximus
<br />Before I forget to ask.

Hans, do you also/still agree with this final signal layout?

It's the "Signalsystem Deutschland" after al. wink

Timaximus
No, I'm sorry .....
I like M-track and my things that run on it were built between 1959 and 1972.
Offline Timaximus  
#55 Posted : 28 July 2006 15:24:19(UTC)
Timaximus

Netherlands   
Hello Hans,

You do not have to sorry!

Please tell me your version.
Also for the Benelux layout, if you like.

Thanks in advance.

I'm going nowhere, even not to the MRR store, yet! wink
I will go when this topic is done. biggrin

Timaximus
Märklin | HO | C+K Track | Digital | I+II+III+IV+V | Power and control by Uhlenbrock | Win-Digipet
Offline klinge-germany  
#56 Posted : 28 July 2006 17:07:25(UTC)
klinge-germany

i think you can skip them totally, they weren't used in reality, i am about 95% sure in the case of turntables, just have a look at old pictures of BW's and i think you won't find them. There is one shunting signal located on the turntable itself which controls the access(if you have a turntable just have a look at it), unfortunately this is only an 'unlighted' version. So with the first layout you can save 4 signals.....
Offline klinge-germany  
#57 Posted : 28 July 2006 17:33:09(UTC)
klinge-germany

i would say the 'inbound' one should be of type I (Hp0/Hp2) because after that signal is a station and there are double switches on the track. The 'outbound' one depends on what comes after on the track, if it is a simple block a signal of type 'H' (Hp0/Hp1) would be sufficient.
Offline Timaximus  
#58 Posted : 28 July 2006 17:42:26(UTC)
Timaximus

Netherlands   
Do you mean both signals with a V signal beside (inbound) should be an I signal and both H signals at the blue arrows (outbound) are correct?

Timaximus
Offline klinge-germany  
#59 Posted : 28 July 2006 17:46:08(UTC)
klinge-germany

exactly that's it.
Offline Fredrik  
#60 Posted : 28 July 2006 22:51:04(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
Now - first of all let's give your tracks some numbers:

1 - Pass-through-track (dual-direction)
2 - Pass-through-track (direction left)
3 & 4 Freight

After doing some reading about the german technique it seems that the first blocksignals after the station should not be there (we use these in Sweden though, and I guess they're there in a more modern style of german railroads too).

Therefore the "Rangierhalt" must be placed where those signals were located.

Track 1 from the left: Hp2 not neccessary as you don't need any speed-limit, therefore a Hp0/1 signal is required. At the right end of track 1 (still in direction right) the Hp2 is needed if trains are to leave on the left track, else not and thus only Hp0/1 neccessary.

In the opposite direction on track 1 you can't leave on the straight track, you must turn over to the right and therefore need Hp2 only. If allowance to leave on the left track (Gegengleis) is issued, I'm not sure if the sugnal may show Hp1 or not.

On track 2, Hp2 is obsolete when leaving the track in the left direction as you can't cross-over to the right track anyway.

Fredrik.
Fredrik.
*ECoS 2 + ECoSDetector + SwitchPilot + ECoSTerminal; *Z21 + Loconet + Digikeijs + MGP; **CS3+ + CdB (** coming soon...)
WWW: MJ-fjärren
Offline Timaximus  
#61 Posted : 28 July 2006 23:29:01(UTC)
Timaximus

Netherlands   
Meanwhile you write I updated the previous reaction.
Now the signals can show all the necessary images.

Let's say:
1) when the train have to turn left or right we get image Hp2 (SLOW).
2) when the train is running straight on we have image Hp1 (GO).

So when a signal must be able to show both SLOW and GO separately we get a Hp0/Hp1/Hp2 signal (Blue).

I think the last image (top) fits also your final reaction.
Because now all signals can show GO only when a passenger train drives through (all switches straight on).

Timaximus
Offline Webmaster  
#62 Posted : 29 July 2006 03:36:08(UTC)
Webmaster

This is an interesting topic indeed!!!

We are now waiting for Hans and more comments regarding German practices...

Seems like I will have to get some Viessmann dwarfs to make it look real on my planned layout...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline Timaximus  
#63 Posted : 29 July 2006 12:49:22(UTC)
Timaximus

Netherlands   
Hello,

Yes I'm still waiting on Hans his story.

Meanwhile a Dutch colleague gives his theory too and say that the shunting signals are normally not on the main tracks.
They are just to prevent unallowed access to the main tracks from side tracks.

The only difference between the signal layout we already have is that al the shunting signals are removed from the main tracks.

The story is: when a train needs to shunt from/to either the turn table or the coal/freight area, the operator in the signal house set's al the main signals leading to the secured area, on RED (STOP).
So, no outside train is allowed to access the secured area and the shunting loc has the whole secured area for him self.
When the shunting activities are done, ore the rest of the shunting activities are outside the secured area, the operator in the signal house set's the main signals on GREEN or YELLOW again and train outside the secured area may enter.

Timaximus
Offline Fredrik  
#64 Posted : 29 July 2006 13:49:18(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
No,

shunting signals are normally on all tracks where shunting is about to take place. And in this case, shunting normally must appear on the through tracks (as there basically are no other ones to, except for the 2 on the freight yard, use).

Why the new yellow (Hp0/2) signals in the right end of the layout? Instead of shunting signals??? Not correct...

And the "Rangierhalt" sign should be on BOTH tracks in both left and right end of the station.

I.e. on a station where no shunting occurs - no shunting signals will be found. If shunting on the other hand occurs frequently it's easier for the dispatcher to have signals to set, than issuing allowances all the time (which is the way to go without signals).

But I think the great number of shunting signals came with the light (modern) signals. Dwarf signals must exist in a much greater number than the previous "Gleissperrsignal", I think.

Fredrik.
Fredrik.
*ECoS 2 + ECoSDetector + SwitchPilot + ECoSTerminal; *Z21 + Loconet + Digikeijs + MGP; **CS3+ + CdB (** coming soon...)
Offline Timaximus  
#65 Posted : 29 July 2006 14:04:03(UTC)
Timaximus

Netherlands   
If you say they have to be all shunting signals I will make them shunt.
I'm shunting all the time if you ask me (from theory to theory). biggrin

Moment please while I <s>shunt</s> change the image.

I was not sure if the 2 extra signals had to be shunting signals or Hp0/Hp2 signals.
Because trains coming from the coal/freight depot are leaving the depot area via that (opposite) track.

Timaximus
Offline Timaximus  
#66 Posted : 29 July 2006 16:56:53(UTC)
Timaximus

Netherlands   
Hello all,

Ofcourse I can't wait so I went to the store to buy the signals already.

Photo

Just the 2 fore signals. [:p]
Plus the 2 bend turn-outs and
some other tools for future use.

Looking at the number of signals per type at this moment we get:

Signal type | Stock | Needed | Left
Hp0/Hp1 | 5 | 5 | 0
Hp0/Hp2 | 3 | 3 | 0
Hp0/Hp1/Hp2 | 2 | 1 | +1
Vr0/Vr1/Vr2 | 2 | 2 | 0
Sh0/Sh1 | 2 | 18 | -16

Don't be surprised when I dig up some more signals in the storage below the (depot) table section.

Timaximus
Offline Fredrik  
#67 Posted : 29 July 2006 18:32:28(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
Hi,

now 2 switching-signals are missing - on on each track 6 & 7 (should be standing just beside the other one on each track...)

And, just realized you threw in another pair of switches - so now the Hp0/2 signals again could be useful on tracks in the freight yard... At the same time, now it's possible to let a train leave in the right direction from the track normally used for traffic to the left - given this possibility a signal in direction right could be useful (Hp0/2).

On track 4, Hp0/1/2 is useful, as you could leave the station through track 6 and then return to the right track... If only leaving straight out from track 4, only Hp0/1 is neccessary.

Also the "Rangierhalt" sign is positioned on the wrong spot on track 4, should be located beside the same sign on the other track (if no shunting is allowed after that sign, no shunting signals should appear after it either, as shunting is not allowed).

Fredrik.
Fredrik.
Offline Munich 1860  
#68 Posted : 29 July 2006 18:51:50(UTC)
Munich 1860

Germany   
It is very hard to get through this thread, I'm sorry. Very hard to read and look at the respective drawings at the same time ....

I will try to figure out what is the current standing and then try to explain what i thought was wrong.

Sorry not being of help right now !!

Hans
Offline Timaximus  
#69 Posted : 29 July 2006 18:57:53(UTC)
Timaximus

Netherlands   
Fredrik,

Yes I was thinking about the two Hp0/Hp2 signals too.
But I forgot the two Sh0/Sh1 signals again. [:I]
If you don't mind I update the image above (no new image).

Are your talking about track 4 or track 3 with the Hp0/Hp1/Hp2 signal?
Are you sure about "Rangierhalt" on track 4?

Timaximus
Offline Timaximus  
#70 Posted : 29 July 2006 19:03:21(UTC)
Timaximus

Netherlands   
No problem Hans,

I'm already glad that you will look at this signal plan anyway.
And that you give your vision about the solution later on is ok.

Timaximus
Offline Fredrik  
#71 Posted : 29 July 2006 19:09:10(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
I meant the blue signal on track 4. The entry (Einfahrsignal) on track 3 is correct.

And yes I'm sure about the "Rangierhalt". This sign tells no switching is allowed beyond that point, so what's then the point in having signals that allow something that's not allowed...??

Fredrik.
Fredrik.
Offline Timaximus  
#72 Posted : 29 July 2006 19:14:19(UTC)
Timaximus

Netherlands   
I think you mean "Rangierhalt" on track 7.
That can be moved to track 8 besides "Rangierhalt" on track 9.

Timaximus
Offline Fredrik  
#73 Posted : 29 July 2006 19:15:58(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
Exactly! biggrin

Fredrik.
Fredrik.
Offline Timaximus  
#74 Posted : 29 July 2006 19:25:38(UTC)
Timaximus

Netherlands   
There will be only shunting activities from track 3 to 6 (normal train traffic from track 3 goes directly over track 7).
So I guess the blue signal on track 3 should be a red one too (Hp0/Hp1). wink
In that case I have a spare Hp0/Hp1/Hp2 signal instead of a Hp0/Hp1 signal. biggrin

Timaximus
Offline Timaximus  
#75 Posted : 29 July 2006 19:34:35(UTC)
Timaximus

Netherlands   
Fredrik,

Can we give this signal plan version number 1.0? [:o)]

UserPostedImage

Timaximus
Offline Fredrik  
#76 Posted : 29 July 2006 20:44:11(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
Yes,

why not? Smile Or should we make it 1.0.1..?

And I'll have to make some reprogramming - didn't think of this configuration...

Fredrik.
Fredrik.
Offline Timaximus  
#77 Posted : 29 July 2006 21:21:05(UTC)
Timaximus

Netherlands   
Ok, now we have a signal plan!

With this signal plan (if nothing change [:o)]) I need 16 more Viessmann shunting signals and a total of 10 Viessmann decoders (turn-outs included).

Let's wait what Hans and maybe others has to say about this signal plan.

Timaximus
Offline Munich 1860  
#78 Posted : 31 July 2006 00:07:18(UTC)
Munich 1860

Germany   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Timaximus
<br />Ok, now we have a signal plan!

With this signal plan (if nothing change [:o)]) I need 16 more Viessmann shunting signals and a total of 10 Viessmann decoders (turn-outs included).

Let's wait what Hans and maybe others has to say about this signal plan.

Timaximus
No, Timaximus, I am sorry, because I will be gone for a couple of days, and I will return on Friday only to leave again on Saturday.

Basically what needs to be said has already been said, mainly by some comments from some friends who also thought that there are way too many shunting signals right now .....

I went to see Ulm shunting yard today Which is not a small one, and therer were no more than 5 visible. Maybe i missed some, alright, but therer were NO shunting signals anywhere round the still in use turn table.

I will try to be more specific on Friday night, alright ???

Don't get impatient, a layout will last for decades !!!!

Many regards,

Hans
Offline Timaximus  
#79 Posted : 31 July 2006 00:48:02(UTC)
Timaximus

Netherlands   
Hello Hans,

I have plenty of time.
You take your time too of course.

I'm not intend to hurry things up.
Do I build this latout in a hurry??? [:o)]

Thanks anyway wink

And don't hurry, be happy!

Regards,

Timaximus
Offline Fredrik  
#80 Posted : 05 August 2006 10:31:14(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
Hi,

considered this is an Era III (?) or so layout - one should perhaps remove the shunting signals (4 pcs.) in the right end of the station. And move back the "Rangierhalt" signs to tracks 6 & 7. This makes the pair of turnouts in the right end unreachable for switching, but probably more prototypical for an older layout.

One could also, change the entry-signal in the right to a Hp0/1-model, and move the current Hp0/1/2 signal to in front of the turnout to track #3 and turntable, making it a "Zwischensignal", as there is no need for reduced speed until then...

Fredrik.
Fredrik.
Offline Timaximus  
#81 Posted : 05 August 2006 12:33:15(UTC)
Timaximus

Netherlands   
Hello all,

I had a discussion the past days with my Dutch colleagues.
And they say indeed that we do not need to place shunting signals everywhere.

For example: shunting from track (4) to track (13) is covered by one shunting signal only.

They also say that the track plan is actually not ideal for a good signal plan and advised me to introduce an extra shunting track (16).
So, trains do not need to shunt via the main tracks anymore.
Exceptions are track (3) and (4).

Now trains coming from track (9) can drive directly to the tracks (1, 2).
And those trains can leave by shunting via track (16) and then drive to track (4, 10).

Trains coming from track (3) can drive (shunt) into track (16) and drive backwards into tracks (1, 2).
And those trains can leave the tracks (1, 2) directly to track (8) via the extra turn-outs.

On tracks (3, 4) it is possible to turn a train and leave (after turning) the tracks (3, 4) via the opposite direction and opposite tracks.

That result in two extra signals which are hatched (green/yellow).

I think it should be shunting signals (Sh0/Sh1) but it is also possible it need to be main signals (Hp0/Hp2) after all.

But the whole depot area is not a station at all.
So, I'm not sure yet.

If we all agree we can take this last signal plan as a new start for this topic.

The big orange T is an signal house.

Timaximus
Offline steventrain  
#82 Posted : 05 August 2006 12:38:29(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Look very good.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline Fredrik  
#83 Posted : 05 August 2006 13:03:58(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
Hi again,

well I did propose the "Ausziehgleis" (track 16) earlier but you said there was no space...

With the current situation:

From track 9 no shunting signal is needed at the entry of the station (be it a station or not, I guess the german word "Betriebsstelle" would do). You simply have to enter the station with a main signal. Only when entered you may switch to shunting movement.

Thereby, in order to allow trains to run directly to tracks 1 & 2 you must place some kind of a signal at the end of the track (even if it's a dead-end), the marks the end of the route - which normally would be the "dead-end" with signal (Sh0).

To start a train, you need a main-signal - so should trains leave tracks 1 and/or 2 the need main-signals, else not. And as you now have the "Ziehgleis", you could switch a leaving train from those tracks to 3 or 4 and let the train depart from there.

The hatched signals should be main-signals in combination with switching-signals if trains are to leave from ther, and shunting is to take place.

Remember:

To depart a train a main-signal is needed.

To start or proceed a shunting movement a shunting signal is required (or - shunting movements may preceed on allowance in any other way).

Now - in order to shunt from track 4 to track 13 the dispatcher can with the shunting-signal give allowance to pass the turnout. When passed he now can not (by means of a signal) issue the allowance to enter track 13. Thus he has to give this allowance some other way - then you probably need to put a phone, or something near the turnout so the engine-driver can call the dispatcher for allowance. Then a signal is not needed in this case...

Same gors for shunting from track 4 to the turntable, engine-driver must be issued an allowance, somehow, that he's allowed to pass the turnout leading towards the turnout...

As you see there are numerous of ways to put signals... biggrin

Therefore - you have to decide what type of movements that are to be allowed and in which directions on each track - then deploy either signals where needed, or issue another possibility for the engeine-crew to contact the dispatcher, unless he will come to them (unlikely as you now put out a "signalling-tower/house")... The dispatcher will prefer to set signals!

Off-course it's also possible not to use any switching-signals at all - but that would mean all switches are to be set locally by the train-crew (or people "Preisers" on the ground) - yet that would not allow for train-movements while shunting... (as the dispatcher must hold all the keys to the switches before he may allow any trains).

Fredrik.
Fredrik.
Offline Fredrik  
#84 Posted : 05 August 2006 13:07:02(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
The "Rangierhalt"-sign is also missing on track 7 and 10. A allowed shunting-movement may proceed to the next signal showing Sh0/Hp0 or the Rangierhalt"-sign, and now they're allowed to enter the block beyond the station...

Fredrik.
Fredrik.
Offline Timaximus  
#85 Posted : 05 August 2006 15:04:40(UTC)
Timaximus

Netherlands   
Hello Fredrik,

You mentioned it before, the extra shunting track. wink
I say that there was no space.
But that was true actually.

So I abandoned the nice Brass bridges that father made (I win the fight). [}:)][:o)]

I will insert your new comments later.
For now we first change the table and install the new tracks.

The Dutch colleagues also say that the "Rangierhalt" signal sign is not placed on the opposite tracks (without a drive in signal).[8)]

The dead signals are already on the end buffers.

It is still difficult for me to know when we speak about a train driving movement (main signals) or when we speak about a train shunting movement (shunting signals) or when we speak about a combination of driving and shunting (combination of signals).

Regarding my last words about the hatched signals (green/yellow).

I know that I am still signal dummy [:I], but do you say that even when the coal depot is not a station but just an industrial area, you still get Main signals because also coal trains are leaving from those NON-STATION/SIDE tracks ???

FIRST I NEED TO REORDER ALL THIS INFO REGARDING SIGNALS INSIDE MY HEAD.

And after that I will first write down the train movement that I planned.
And from there we maybe can come to the final correct signal plan.

So far thanks to everybody who is trying to help me (hopeles person)! biggrin

Timaximus
Offline Fredrik  
#86 Posted : 05 August 2006 16:12:13(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
Hi,

first I stand corrected about the "Rangierhalt" sign - doesn't stand on departure-track as there are no entry-signal (should if the track were dual-directed though).

Regarding the coal-depot (is that tracks 1 & 2?), if it is an industrial area, there are normally no signals at all. Then also no trains can drive directly in there (nor can they leave), that's a different scenario...

As well can the turntable area be completely without signals. Only connections to the main-tracks is then secured by signals.

I think we have some definition-problems here as well...

A train, when run as a train, is controlled by main-signals. Whenever it enters a station area (or other "Betriebsstelle") it MAY change to a switching movement and then controlled by switching signals.

If you're relaying tracks.. it would be easier to have the main-tracks beside any industies (not between 2).

Have to go for now - but I'll be back...
Fredrik.
Offline Timaximus  
#87 Posted : 05 August 2006 19:53:57(UTC)
Timaximus

Netherlands   
Hello Fredrik,

1) Yes the coal/freight depot is track (1, 2).

When the term "Industrial area" means no signals then it is no industrial area!
I want as many signals as possible but in a realistic setup.
And when it is better or easier to name the whole area a station then we call it a station.
Or maybe we just abandon those terms and only place signals based on the wanted train movements?

2) Yes I agree with the non-ideal track setup.
That is why I take 2 different colours.
The turn table (brown) is separate from the coal/freight depot (blue).

But I think the turn table is not the problem and most of us will agree with the current setup (just the 4 shunting signals where the trains enter the tracks (3, 4).
So, forget the turn table and let’s concentrate on the coal/freight depot with track (1, 2), the extra shunting track (16) and turning/waiting tracks (3, 4).

3) I make an aerial picture of the whole area.
We can see the two coal/freight depot tracks, the turn-outs in the back and the place where the extra shunting track will come.

photo
photo

The last signal plan, still without extra (Hp0/Hp2) signals on the side tracks but with the extra (Hp0/Hp2) on tracks (3, 4)

UserPostedImage

Quotation: all side tracks (from the coal/freight depot and the loc depot) are within the "secured" area and therefor only need a shunting signal.

Timaximus
Offline Fredrik  
#88 Posted : 06 August 2006 16:44:49(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   

Below a suggestion:

UserPostedImage

In this approach, trains to shunt/switch engine/direction are lead into the new track 3 (between old 2 & 3). Where now all shunting takes place. Only engines bound to/from turntable/loksheds must only pass the main-line, keeping it mostly open for drive-through traffic. I think it's a much more probable cause.

A & B = Hp0/1/2-signals
N1 & P1 = Hp0/1-signals
N2 & P2 = Hp0/2-signals

Other signals are shunting signals.
Fredrik.
Offline Timaximus  
#89 Posted : 06 August 2006 23:57:03(UTC)
Timaximus

Netherlands   
Hello Fredrik,

Your track plan suggestion looks good (and thanks for the image).
But I really do not have enough space for that.
See the aerial picture.

I can probably place/fit the turn-outs after the left crossing but then there will be no track length left for trains and cars.

So, actions like turning trains (change loc side of a train) need to be done on the main tracks.
But I think that is not a problem for the (Era III) train sequence I planned.

The track where you planned signal B1 ad P21 is too short to contain a loc so I leave those signals.

I know about your extra shunting signals outside track (3, 4) but not everyone agreed with these signals yet. So, for now I leave those signals. A can place those signals always later, just drill a hole in the table, AAAAAAAAAAND DONE!

When I keep my last signal plan (version E), as it is now, is it ok then?

Timaximus
Offline Fredrik  
#90 Posted : 07 August 2006 02:03:24(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
Hi,

I was hoping you'd say you had place for the 2 new switches to the left, to the left of the old ones... Smile Leaving those tracklengths as they were...

Off-course you can use any signal-plan you like, even though I don't think it's ok... biggrin
Fredrik.
Offline Timaximus  
#91 Posted : 07 August 2006 02:43:05(UTC)
Timaximus

Netherlands   
Hello Fredrik,

I'm sorry I do not have the space to make it optimal.
But if we talk about optimal, the Benelux track plan is not optimal either.
I wished I had a longer room.

Regarding the signals I must go on the advice you, Hans and others gave me.

1) When we look at the last signal plan (E), can we say that the Coal depot and the Loc depot are ok?
2) When we look to the main signals (red) for the signal blocks, are they ok?
3) When we look to the main signals (yellow) for the leaving (turned) trains, are they ok?
4) When we look to the extra shunting signals (outside tracks 3 and 4) we have different ideas, but we can discuss about this, right?

I hope I understand this theory someday and have an almost realistic signal plan that fits the current track plan.

Timaximus
Offline HueyCE  
#92 Posted : 07 August 2006 04:49:03(UTC)
HueyCE

Just knock out another wall if you need the space for a larger layout.[}:)]biggrin
Ira
Building German Era I-II layout(Mk IIIc).UserPostedImage

Offline Fredrik  
#93 Posted : 07 August 2006 08:06:35(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
Hi,

1-4: Yes!! biggrin And Ira's proposal - I totally agree!!!!!! Cool
Fredrik.
Offline bmcrae  
#94 Posted : 07 August 2006 08:13:08(UTC)
bmcrae

Canada   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by HueyCE
<br />Just knock out another wall if you need the space for a larger layout.[}:)]biggrin
Ira

Second that!! [:p][:p][:p]
Offline Fredrik  
#95 Posted : 07 August 2006 08:45:16(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
Btw,

you could also try and change the turnouts in the left end, making the x-turnout a 3-way instead, put the x-turnout on track 3, giving you the missing new track 3... (i.e. not having cross-over from both tracks).

Fredrik.
Offline Timaximus  
#96 Posted : 07 August 2006 15:34:19(UTC)
Timaximus

Netherlands   
Hello all,

It is a hobby, not an obsession.
So, I quit with huge changes.
On the future layout I will do everything better, larger, I promise.

I keep it this way and place the signals we have now on image version E.

And when someone has still signal suggestions for this Germany Era III layout, I can always change signals, add signals or remove signals.

I keep all Fredriks extra shunting signals in mind.

And thank you all for the information about signals so far!

Timaximus
Offline Timaximus  
#97 Posted : 15 August 2006 19:36:18(UTC)
Timaximus

Netherlands   
All signals (except the fore signal) on the window side of the table are installed and working!

I think it will look nice when the scenery is done too.
But that will be in a year or so biggrin.

photo
photo

I also changed the final signal plan a bit by adding more fore signals and re-introduce the already mentioned wink drive out signals on track 1 and 2.

Timaximus
Offline steventrain  
#98 Posted : 15 August 2006 20:46:51(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Excellent signals.
Offline Rowan  
#99 Posted : 16 August 2006 04:19:57(UTC)
Rowan

Looking just so good.
Offline steventrain  
#100 Posted : 16 August 2006 23:50:11(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Nice to see your signal working,Are these all signals working yet?