Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Flupke  
#1 Posted : 13 November 2023 16:33:07(UTC)
Flupke

United States   
I just received my new Cs3+ The software version on it is 2.4.0 (5). Since I don't have my router close to my setup I am attempting to update it using a USB stick.
In the root of the stick, I downloaded the update file from Marklin's website cs3update_v2.41.0_ms2-4.1 (1).btrfs
I tried both data ports on the CS3+ but the red dot never appears. Am I doing something wrong, or do I need to enable something for the CS3+ to recognize the USB memory stick?
Can I move my CS3+ to my router and turn it on without having track connected to it?

Thanks
Offline mbarreto  
#2 Posted : 13 November 2023 18:22:37(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: Flupke Go to Quoted Post

Can I move my CS3+ to my router and turn it on without having track connected to it?

Yes.

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline JohnjeanB  
#3 Posted : 13 November 2023 18:25:21(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi
Since the processus for a CS3 to read a USB stick is completely automatic if you don't see the red dot then it means that the USB preparation is not correct
Make sure your USB-Stick is newly formatted
Then go to the Märklin.de website and go to Service tab and then download, then CS3 Updates and USB-Stick CS3-CS3Plus

If this does not work, maybe the USB you are using is not good
Make also sure all other cables are removed from the CS3 (only power and USB Stick)

Once you have a red dot, you click on the CS3 (or other items)
Sans titre.png

Note: It is best when you have an Internet box, to connect your CS3 directly to it using a CAT5 cable.
Since you need to disconnect all other plugs except the Power why not move your CS3 and its power supply near your Internet box?
Cheers
Jean
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline Flupke  
#4 Posted : 13 November 2023 19:00:23(UTC)
Flupke

United States   
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Hi
Since the processus for a CS3 to read a USB stick is completely automatic if you don't see the red dot then it means that the USB preparation is not correct
Make sure your USB-Stick is newly formatted
Then go to the Märklin.de website and go to Service tab and then download, then CS3 Updates and USB-Stick CS3-CS3Plus

If this does not work, maybe the USB you are using is not good
Make also sure all other cables are removed from the CS3 (only power and USB Stick)

Once you have a red dot, you click on the CS3 (or other items)
Sans titre.png

Note: It is best when you have an Internet box, to connect your CS3 directly to it using a CAT5 cable.
Since you need to disconnect all other plugs except the Power why not move your CS3 and its power supply near your Internet box?
Cheers
Jean

Thank you all. I just resolved my problem. It was the USB drive that was too wide and hit the plastic side of the CS3+ and therefor wasn't seated all the way in the connector. I copied my file to a different USB stick and voila the red dot appeared, and the update happened.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Flupke