Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline David Dewar  
#1 Posted : 27 December 2022 17:36:10(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Sorry I cant do pics. I have the Marklin coaches 41330 and they are not now available but I can get a Trix 23492 which I presume is the same coach. While I may need to change the wheels does anybody know if the coaches from Trix have the hole and slots for attaching the slider and the springs. I also presume Trix coaches run OK on C track.
Tanks for any help on this.

David
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline rhfil  
#2 Posted : 27 December 2022 18:00:47(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
The 41330 are available from vendors in the U.S.. Have you checked vendors in Europe? I can't find any info on the 23492 but if it has led's like the 41330 you might have to rewire it. You can avoid replacing the dc wheels by a current conducting adhesive but I think the shipping cost from the U.S. to Scotland would more than offset all of this if you can find someone who will ship for a reasonable price.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rhfil
Offline mvd71  
#3 Posted : 27 December 2022 18:18:43(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Hard to say without seeing the Trix item, but I would expect they are identical in every way to Märklin units with the exception of the wheels and electrical pick ups.

I ran Trix coaches until last year and they had all the same mouldings as the Märklin versions, so pick up shoes etc could easily be fitted.
Your other option would be current conducting couplers if you already have a couple of Märklin units.

Cheers….

Mike
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mvd71
Offline JohnjeanB  
#4 Posted : 27 December 2022 20:43:26(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
Sorry I cant do pics. I have the Marklin coaches 41330 and they are not now available but I can get a Trix 23492 which I presume is the same coach. While I may need to change the wheels does anybody know if the coaches from Trix have the hole and slots for attaching the slider and the springs. I also presume Trix coaches run OK on C track.
Tanks for any help on this.

David

Hi David
Yes recent Trix and Märklin (and the Trix 23492 was offered in 2018) are identical to its Märklin equivalent. The only changes are the wheelsets and the box.
Märklin / Trix manages to play on standard current pick-ups either adapted to 2 rails or to 3 rails.
Chances are that except for presence detection, changing wheelsets is not mandatory.

PS I converted a Trix ref 22941 (241A65) loco (2 rails) into a 3 rails and only the current pickup is different (standard pratice by Märklin / Trix) and only the wiring was changed a little.

Cheers
Jean
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline David Dewar  
#5 Posted : 27 December 2022 21:18:08(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: rhfil Go to Quoted Post
The 41330 are available from vendors in the U.S.. Have you checked vendors in Europe? I can't find any info on the 23492 but if it has led's like the 41330 you might have to rewire it. You can avoid replacing the dc wheels by a current conducting adhesive but I think the shipping cost from the U.S. to Scotland would more than offset all of this if you can find someone who will ship for a reasonable price.

The 41330 has no LEDs or wring. I have one coach lit with a slider then three others with couplers but for more I want to add another slider and just wondered if this was done same as the Marklin brand. Can pick up a Trix version quite cheap so will have a go.

Thanks to all for assisting.
David
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline mbarreto  
#6 Posted : 27 December 2022 21:28:17(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

I run Trix coaches and wagons in Märklin C and sometimes on K track without problems.
I don't change the wheels and they run ok, although I saw 1 video long ago where the Märklin wheels were shown to roll better on 3 rails C track turnouts.
Of course you have train detection in the rails, you need to change at least some (although I would change all or none).

Also long ago I had problems with Liliput wagon wheels on Märklin track. In some I changed the wheels and in others I pressed a bit the wheels in the same axle against each other and solved the problem.

Regards,
Miguel
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mbarreto