Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Gerald Lynch  
#1 Posted : 14 December 2022 06:27:53(UTC)
Gerald Lynch

I've had the Marklin transfer table 72941 for some time without installing it....until now. Initially my problem with this turntable was the set up instructions that came with it. Not very informative and confusing electrical/wiring process, especially since I wanted to hook it up to my ESU ECos command station.

Well, the Christmas spirit set in and I managed to do a work around....which was pretty simple. There is no way to control the movement of the bridge unit through the ECos.....you must use the control unit that comes with the transfer table set......so I wired that portion through a Marklin 6646 AC transformer that I had.

Then it was the issue of track power. Well I connected the track power from the ECos, to power the bridge.....which also activates power to each track station that it stops at.

Done. The approach track off the main, again powered from the ECos.....simply runs the loco to the transfer table bridge. Otherwise I would have to isolate that section of track to be powered via the Marklin 6646. Merry Christmas......

Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 14 December 2022 13:41:01(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Gerald
Thanks Merry Chritmas to you too
Just in case you are interested and sorry for things you already know:
- the Märklin transfer table motor is DC driven (rectifier in the command station)
- there are protection diodes in the trafer table, to stop the motor when trying to move past the extreme positions
- so, it is about using a M84-like decoder to switch the direction (permanent feed) and the command (impulse feed)

Here is an old wiring for setting Märklin's transfer table into digital (originates from Stummi Forum)
Transfertable digital.png

Notes:
- replacing the 60213 here with an ECoS is OK
- replacing the 7294 with an 72941 make no difference (same model, re-edition)
replacing the old 6084 with a more recent decoder with relay output (60841 or 60842) is OK
- first relay (left) provides the direction by feeding plus (+) or minus (-)
- second relay used as an impulse relay, allows to jump stop points (access tracks)

Just in case you wish to run it digital
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline Gerald Lynch  
#3 Posted : 15 December 2022 18:49:29(UTC)
Gerald Lynch

Thank you .....very helpful.....probably will be going digital.....