Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline egonzinc  
#1 Posted : 14 July 2022 12:25:33(UTC)
egonzinc

Puerto Rico   
I have collected Marklin trains for over 50 years.
Had an analog layout in the 90’s and had not run any trains since then until now. Decided to do an inventory and a test track using new C track and the newer gray Marklin transformers.
Most if my locomotives are analog or Delta. I do have some newer digital that I bought through the years and so far everything works well.
Planning to set up a digital loop on my test track, to get familiar with the system, but for now, it will be analog.
I have some recent Roco AC digital sound locomotives. They run well. Sound and lights come on, then revs up and moves smoothly. But some of them move relatively slow, even at the “highest” setting possible. I was wondering if there is a setting inside the model that makes them mive a little faster. Have not tried pulling any cars yet. It saud to run them 30 minutes in each direction for best results and I have yet to run them that long.But have run them 10 minutes or so that I think would loosen them up.

The second problem i’m having with the newest of these locomotives is that they do not change direction easily. And since there is a delay from throttle to movement, I look at the headlights to see if the loco has changed direction. This problem with the change of direction is happening with the three newest locomotives I have.
Thanks in advance for any comments and suggestions.

Eduardo