Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 04 April 2022 19:06:21(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I was swapping out the wiper on one of my Roco loks equipped with their Flusterschleifer and an idea occurred to me.
The design of the slider has a metal blade inserted into a plastic housing. the two feet of the base insert into the plastic base, making contact with the metal blade. This got me thinking about whether this might finally be the clue to the solution of sliders passing over rails on switch tracks and crossings.

If the plastic housing could specifically be designed so that it is the plastic which would come in contact with the rails and not the blade itself, this would allow any train so outfitted to pass across a switch or crossing while the blade itself would remain in contact with the pukos without coming in contact with the track as it crosses. You would have to redesign the plastic housing so that it would extend just enough on the sides of the blade so that it would shield the blade when it was crossing. This would lift the blade by less than a millimetre, but would allow it to ride over the rail while still remaining in contact with the centre studs on either side.

Perhaps one of you might have a little more experience with design and testing to confirm whether I am on to something or not?

Regards

Mike C
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by mike c