Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Minok  
#1 Posted : 10 February 2022 10:02:52(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Given the latest Märklin TV ep 115, here the English version:

I had hoped the English one would bring clarity as the German original brought concision. Bächle, Company Chief, indicated, when asked about mini trix , that the company will release a c track DKW (double slip). That’s how it was referred to, simply the DKW.

This confuse me as they already have a DKW in the c track program. 24624

The only thing I can guess is it’s a DKW with the slender turnout angles that’s been missing for so long, which would allow an all slender turnout station build.

Can someone confirm that’s what the heck he’s talking about? If not then what the heck is he taking about? Or was this all really an n scale DKW and the usage of c-track is a misspoken and I corrects error ?
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 10 February 2022 10:45:20(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post
I had hoped the English one would bring clarity as the German original brought concision. Bächle, Company Chief, indicated, when asked about mini trix , that the company will release a c track DKW (double slip). That’s how it was referred to, simply the DKW.

This confuse me as they already have a DKW in the c track program. 24624
They have been talking about the slim DKW for many years now. Many years ago Märklin confirmed that the slim DKW would come right after the slim curved turnouts, so now it is the next logical step.

IIRC the 360 mm straight track came more than 10 years after the initial announcements and we can all imagine how difficult it must be to construct a straight track that doubles the length of earlier straight tracks.
And now we see the slim DKW very dang soon after the slim curved turnouts. We might call it "project light-speed". Wink

Yes, the question was about MiniTrix, but the answer is about C track. Unclear if the DKW will come for Märklin C Track only or if it will come for Trix C Track, too.
They already set the ref. number for the new DKW and it should come in the second half of 2023.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline twmarklinfan  
#3 Posted : 10 February 2022 12:06:12(UTC)
twmarklinfan

United Kingdom   
At last! For many of us that is the piece of track we have been waiting for, another year or so won’t matter but we know it’s coming. Of course who knows what the price will be 😬😬😬
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by twmarklinfan
Offline mbarreto  
#4 Posted : 10 February 2022 15:08:41(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post

IIRC the 360 mm straight track came more than 10 years after the initial announcements and we can all imagine how difficult it must be to construct a straight track that doubles the length of earlier straight tracks.

The resulting 360 mm straight track is also a master piece!
They achieved it using only 2 smaller tracks, when any normal brain would thought much more smaller tracks should be needed!

I never understood why they went that way. Maybe the longer part wouldn't be stiff enough.. It's hard to believe it is cheaper to produce the 24360 the way it is compared to a single part where no glue (or melting?) was needed.

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline kiwiAlan  
#5 Posted : 10 February 2022 15:31:52(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: mbarreto Go to Quoted Post

I never understood why they went that way. Maybe the longer part wouldn't be stiff enough.. It's hard to believe it is cheaper to produce the 24360 the way it is compared to a single part where no glue (or melting?) was needed.

It comes down to economies of scale. They are already producing those two plastic pieces in considerable quantity, so the cost of a spot of glue on the join will be minimal compared to the cost of making a new mold for a special plastic piece. It may even be RF welded, which could well be an automated operation (even the gluing operation is probably automated).

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Minok  
#6 Posted : 10 February 2022 18:15:47(UTC)
Minok

United States   
They have been talking about the slim DKW for many years now. Many years ago Märklin confirmed that the slim DKW would come right after the slim curved turnouts, so now it is the next logical step.

Ok that clears that up. Bächle really should have called it the “slim DKW” then as I suspect a lot of folks that are not super fans of the track system were also confused. I imagine as they are talking about it internally it’s obvious to them , but to customers you say DKW and we imagine a specific part that exists.

The timing is good for me as I’m still in the track layout design phase and will have to do a second or third pass over the layout design before really nailing it down so knowing I can try and do all visible things with slims is a great thing.

For the 360mm track I was really confused when I saw one for the first time to see it’s almost just to normal tracks glued together. I was thinking , why does this even exist and why did it take so long then.
---
My YouTube Channel:
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline LeoArietis  
#7 Posted : 13 February 2022 12:53:40(UTC)
LeoArietis

Sweden   
Märklin-TV 115 at the time 8 minute 15 seconds when starting to speak about the expansion of tracksystem.

German Version
https://youtu.be/ecBtP0YVp7I?t=495

English
https://youtu.be/TW9GxmJhFBs?t=495

Bächele seems to speak about the C-track system and admits that he is talking about a new item for the second half of 2023, the DKW and that the system will now be completed.
Since the TRIX-C-track system already have the short double slip (number 62624) like the 3R C-track (number 24624) he can't mean that short one in R2. I think we can assume he actually means a double slip with a wider curve (R9), and it seems likely it is the long-awaited expansion of the 12.1-degree double slip?

I'm trying to analyze what he is saying in german, maybe one you can help out here? I wonder if this is true?

I'm so waiting for that piece of track and I know where to put one or even two on my current layout. Now I cross my fingers and say my prayers...

Edited by user 14 February 2022 10:43:34(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Current layout:
http://www.svensktmjforu.../index.php?topic=10990.0
The former project:
http://www.svensktmjforu...forum_posts.asp?TID=1097
With Pictures and trackplans, but in Swedish
Transitation-curves in C-track:
https://www.marklin-user...9-on-75-cm.aspx#post9281
Offline Alsterstreek  
#8 Posted : 13 February 2022 19:18:37(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
Having listened to the Swabian version, I agree with the synopsis by Tom/H0:

Yes, the question was about MiniTrix, but the answer is about C track. Unclear if the DKW will come for Märklin C Track only or if it will come for Trix C Track, too.
They already set the ref. number for the new DKW and it should come in the second half of 2023.

German Stummiforum posts are echoing the same.
Offline Minok  
#9 Posted : 13 February 2022 19:23:35(UTC)
Minok

United States   
How hard would it have been for the business CEO to just have said „schlanke DKW“ and save is all the reading between the lines like it was a statement from a central bank about future rates?

The next question for me is does an existing WinTrack have a way to add the one piece to the track systems or does one need to buy a whole new version of wintrack?
---
My YouTube Channel: