Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Elsleuth1  
#1 Posted : 29 June 2021 21:56:13(UTC)
Elsleuth1

United States   
Hi, How does one add sounds to a shuttle route using a CS2? I have locomotives with sound that work perfectly. Does the memory interact with the automatic shuttle route?Mellow
Offline clapcott  
#2 Posted : 29 June 2021 23:40:54(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Elsleuth1 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, How does one add sounds to a shuttle route using a CS2?
The CS2 shuttle function itself has no extension for anything other than reverse (at each end) and an optional pause(s) in the middle

Quote:
Does the memory interact with the automatic shuttle route?Mellow
No , however you may use the same sensors for both the shuttle and a memory routine

The main consideration is that a memory is not specifically aware of which loco is in operation unless you tell it.
If you only run one train on the line then this is less of an issue , but still a sticking point.

Personally, I have given up on the Shuttle solutions and construct a group of memory routes which do the same thing but can add/coordinate additional functions (like sounds - ) and trackside animation (platform lights on/off, barrier arms down/up, car system stop) .

To address the possibility of using different locos, I would suggest designing your (proxy shuttle) memory routes to refer to an MU.
The MU would have a dummy head and tail loco in its consist , however you may alter a 3rd loco as needed into the MU rather than rewriting your memory routes
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline Elsleuth1  
#3 Posted : 03 July 2021 03:00:24(UTC)
Elsleuth1

United States   
Using my CS2 memory I have a route that works perfectly. Even though I have added sounds along the route they don't play. I have changed the "delay" time and put the sounds in different positions along the route. No sounds from the loco. I also put the sound in it's own little box and put sounds with other commands that are being recognized and do operate. No sound. I am only using a single loco and yes, the horns on the loco work perfectly. Confused

Any idea why?
Offline clapcott  
#4 Posted : 03 July 2021 13:20:27(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
A screenshot please.

One aspect that comes to mind in certain cases/decoders is the need to turn off the function before it can be turned on again
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline Elsleuth1  
#5 Posted : 03 July 2021 22:08:48(UTC)
Elsleuth1

United States   
Thanks Peter, Problem solved. Once you turn off and on a sound it works perfectly. The blast of the whistle seems to be a single press of the button and appears to be unrelated to the delay number I added. It doesn't make any difference if the delay is 3 seconds or 8 seconds. The sound is the same.

One thing I'm a little confused on is the timing of each event (event meaning B1 and then B2 etc). If you tell a loco to go at 160 mps for 40 seconds, it will travel until the next trigger point or the next S88 or the next event is encountered which may be a lot less than 40 seconds. While that is happening you can run bells or whistles which follow after the loco is initially takes off at 160 mph.

When you program a route how do you keep track of the timing of each event or do you just depend on the next S88 or trigger point to make the next event happen?
Offline clapcott  
#6 Posted : 05 July 2021 12:48:18(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Elsleuth1 Go to Quoted Post
When you program a route how do you keep track of the timing of each event or do you just depend on the next S88 or trigger point to make the next event happen?

Personally ...

I would only use timings in a reduced concise manner - never 40 second
e.g.
- telex uncoupling waltz
- coordinate startup from a platform - with Signal=Green, loco lights sound, platform announcement then Loco go.

For actions(sounds) en-route (like approaching a railway crossing) I would have another sensor and route.

I appreciate that examples exist (from Maerklin) where long term timings are used, however I consider these very fundamental and more a demonstration of capabilities than realistic or practical.

The very last thing you want is a 2nd route(memory/event) to start running when a previous one, involving the same components (loco, turnouts, signals) has not completed.
Peter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by clapcott