Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Poll Question : Root cause is:
Choice Votes Statistics
  Total 4 100%
Guests can't see poll choices and poll results. Try login or register. Guests can't vote. Try login or register.
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Borsig-Werke  
#1 Posted : 08 December 2020 17:38:36(UTC)
Borsig-Werke

Finland   
If short time between boots (5 min) doesn't even show loading screen. But if I wait 10 hours I get loading screen, but it dies before in normal usage mode. If I wait 24 hours between boot, CS2 boots and I am able to use it. I guess my Switch Mode Power Supply capacitors are causing this? Voltage measured from it is 19,3 V which should be good. I have ordered new power supply, let's hope it will cure this issue. What is your guess?
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 08 December 2020 18:51:40(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi
I have 2 CS2 (60215) and have had some issues with one of them. It was not booting completely.
The display would turn on with the start image and then the progress bar, instead of stopping at the middle and displaying the arrow on the screen center, would just continue filling the progress bar til the end and nothing else.

I opened the unit and could not see any damages

60215 CS2-IMG_5108.JPG

This seems to happen regularly on older CS2 (mine is a 60215 mother board installed by Märklin in 2014 to repair a 60214 of 2012.

My take is that during the boot (cold-start process), a flash memory is altered alas to update / rewrite the memory you need tools I don't have.

In my case, I tried to reboot a very large number of times until the unit would start completely when this happens, BEFOREHAND I had prepared a USB memory with the latest update and it forced writing on the memory. Then I did an on-line update. Since then my CS2 is starting every time (touch wood).
Why this method? On-line update will see that your unit is already up-to-date and will stop the process so you have to start with a USB update which goes all the way.
I have 2 60061 (60W) and one 60101 (100 W) and I can see that it has no influence whatsoever on the CS2.

Why do I have two 60061? Because one of them failed me but later I realized that it was just a bad connection (Broken wire) in the DC plug that connects to the CS2
The 2 60061 have a DC voltage of 19.6V while the 60101 has a 19.4 V
This is just my opinion but I am an Engineer with experience in analog and digital electronics and micro computers.
Cheers
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline Borsig-Werke  
#3 Posted : 08 December 2020 19:20:08(UTC)
Borsig-Werke

Finland   
^ This one is 60214 and it is booting completely if there is 24 hours between boots, funny BigGrin

I opened also this to check whether it has damaged components, but everything seemed to be well:

CS2board.JPG

I also opened DC plug (micro din) from psu cord to check that connections are ok.

EDIT: btw I can see that your board is different and maybe has some damage:

CS2Jean.JPG
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 08 December 2020 20:37:39(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Borsig-Werke Go to Quoted Post

EDIT: btw I can see that your board is different and maybe has some damage:

I doubt it, the 60215 has a completely different PCB to the 60214.
Offline JohnjeanB  
#5 Posted : 08 December 2020 22:14:14(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Borsig Werke

You may very well be right. Let me explain

I have two 60215 CS2 and the one doing all I described was not the one pictured by my mistake.
This one pictured has indeed a failure: all is working OK except the program track which is outputting voltage but not digital that my locos can understand
So I will re-open the CS2 to see if the failure is around what you spotted
Here is the other CS2 that totally works
60215 IMG_4339.JPG

Cheers
Jean
Offline Borsig-Werke  
#6 Posted : 16 December 2020 12:46:47(UTC)
Borsig-Werke

Finland   
New PSU arrived and same issue persist. So CS2 seems to be the rootcause. Maybe it is something related to display as it seems to boot but display does not come on.