Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline eberhardt  
#1 Posted : 19 June 2020 22:45:00(UTC)
eberhardt

United Kingdom   
What colour wires are used to wire up Telex couplers on 60983? I know it has 4 Aux connections, Green , Violet, Violet/Yellow, Violet/White. Can I use any of those, and what is the return colour, Blue, or is it through the body or slider? If you can understand that, you're a genius Confused I'm trying to upgrade my old BR 81 003 30321 with a new motor and decoder. So far I've only fried one decoder but I can't afford to destroy any more. Any advice on how to proceed? John.
Offline g-gekko  
#2 Posted : 19 June 2020 23:50:39(UTC)
g-gekko

Norway   
You can use any of the 4 AUX connections that you are mentioning for the telex with the MSD/3 decoder. The blue wire is used as common for the telex connections (and for the lights if you want flickerfree lights - then you also need new light bulb sockets).

Use a multimeter to check that you do not have connection between the body and the blue vcc+ and the aux connections before putting the locomotive on the tracks.

Be careful to insulate all cables that you do not use. If they get in touch with something current conducting objects the decoder might be fried.

The 3032/ 30321 has enough space for 60972 and 60975.

br81-2.zip (7,817kb) downloaded 50 time(s).

Here is the project that I have programmed my BR81 with. It has coupligwalz and the telex is Connected to aux3 and aux4.

Good Luck!
Offline eberhardt  
#3 Posted : 20 June 2020 01:02:30(UTC)
eberhardt

United Kingdom   
Thank you g-gekko, Your instructions will save me a lot of trouble and expense. John.