Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Diggum  
#1 Posted : 24 March 2006 18:17:17(UTC)
Diggum

It seems everyone's posting photos, so I figure why not?

If any of you can help me out with this beauty, PLEASE let me know!

Anyway, the story: According to Koll's this is a T790.2. My Grandad bought it in a set '46 (maybe '47) for my dad (in Schiedam), who played with it but kept it in excellent shape until he gave it to me, being the tender age of 5 at the time. When I was 13 my dad took it back to Holland to have the reversing switch repaired which I had worn out. It was replaced with a generic electro R unit and a slider put on instead of the spoons (since my brother and I were starting to expand with studded M-Gleis). I repainted it when I was 18. Now, my daughter likes to run it on the old original track.

In the interest of accuracy, I sent the loc to Tim to be repaired, serviced, and restored. He did wonders for it, but couldn't find or fabricate an original style reversing switch. I'm wondering if anyone out there has seen such a reversing switch, has one on hand, or is willing to part with one. Remote reversing is OK, but I think, as a child, I had more fun chasing down the loc to change directions on it than anything else and would like this memory "made whole" so to speak.

The memory in question...
UserPostedImage

And a photo of the R-switch side....
UserPostedImage
Old Marklin: tough enough to take 3 generations of enthusiastic play.
Offline Munich 1860  
#2 Posted : 24 March 2006 20:30:00(UTC)
Munich 1860

Germany   
Have you tried the German company Ritter in Nürtingen ???

Regards,

Hans
I like M-track and my things that run on it were built between 1959 and 1972.
Offline franciscohg  
#3 Posted : 24 March 2006 21:21:36(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Great loco!!
Congratulations on your beauty!!!
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#4 Posted : 24 March 2006 21:34:09(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
I second trying Ritter, they aren't known for timely service, but they are the place to get such things.
On a seperate note, there is about a 1% chance I may have one but I need to do some research and see if any of my old reversers are correct for this loco. I'll let you know if I do
SBB Era 2-5
Offline Vardex  
#5 Posted : 24 March 2006 22:31:38(UTC)
Vardex

Netherlands   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Vardex
<br />Great loco!

Here is the link to the parts at TTN-shop. Very reliable firm and excellent quality. All the spare parts they make are from a zinc casting and not tin like most parts of ritter.(which is a very good firm too,both have their speciality).
http://www.ttn-shop.com/...&spur=H0&lang=de
Look for Handschalthebel. (the english version of the site has some problems)

Bart
Offline steventrain  
#6 Posted : 24 March 2006 23:03:10(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Very nice loco,I havent see one before.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#7 Posted : 24 March 2006 23:34:27(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Phenominal parts link!
SBB Era 2-5
Offline Vardex  
#8 Posted : 25 March 2006 00:14:50(UTC)
Vardex

Netherlands   
These are the links for parts known to me,and where I regularly order.

http://www.ttn-shop.com
http://www.sehling.de
http://www.ritter-nuertingen.de

All three have their advantages and weaknesses.

TTN shop sends you the desired parts before you have payed,and a bill that isn't specified. Doesn't matter much,but sometimes I would like to see again what I have ordered. When you order you won't get a confirmation email,so you have to rely that everything goes right.
Casted parts are made of zinc!Quality of the parts is very good.

Sehling wants to be payed before shipment,but is very fast in delivery. Website isn't very good,too small pictures and items are hard to find. Has original boxes too and some parts that you will find nowhere else. Quality of the parts is good,but most of the casted parts are made of tin instead of zinc.

Ritter also wants to be payed before shipment,but is slow delivering. Website is good,but when you order you should get a confirmation email. If you don't receive this mail,then something went wrong and you will have to order again. Quality of the parts is good,but also here,most of the casted parts are made of tin instead of zinc.

Bart
Offline stephenbb  
#9 Posted : 25 March 2006 00:46:49(UTC)
stephenbb

Very nice!
Stephen(USA)
Stephen(USA)
ETE,NMRA,MEA
Offline Diggum  
#10 Posted : 25 March 2006 07:20:15(UTC)
Diggum

Wow, thank you all for the info! (...and compliments.)

Tim tried Ritter (as did I) but with no luck. I'll try the TTN-shop and Sehling on Monday (thank you for the links, Vardex!).

And Steventrain: I'm not surprised you haven't seen one before. I've never seen another like this, either. I still don't know exactly how to read the Kolls [1990 ed.], but this one is either worth 1500 Euros, or 1500 were built. No matter, 60 years takes a toll no matter what. T800's show up on ePay every so often, but usually in bad shape. Nothing like this, though. [Now, having said that, there'll probably be a run of them...]

Thank you for the kind offer, 5Horizons...
Old Marklin: tough enough to take 3 generations of enthusiastic play.