Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline pclancy  
#1 Posted : 03 February 2020 14:01:31(UTC)
pclancy

United States   
Thanks everyone for your help!

Loco 3095.10--does anyone have a manual for this loco? I want to see if the dip switches are set for analogue. I have no idea how to do that. I also need to clean and troubleshoot, as while the lights work and grow in intensity, the loco refuses to move.

Loco 3050--ditto with the need for a manual. This loco only works if you pick it up such that only the pick up shoe touches the middle power stubs. When you set the loco on the tracks, it does not move. What could be the problem? Does it also have dip switches?

Transformer 37547 10V. Is this one of the transformers that can damage a digital loco if put in reverse?

With many thanks

Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by pclancy
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 03 February 2020 14:15:58(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: pclancy Go to Quoted Post

Loco 3095.10--does anyone have a manual for this loco? I want to see if the dip switches are set for analogue. I have no idea how to do that. I also need to clean and troubleshoot, as while the lights work and grow in intensity, the loco refuses to move.

Loco 3050--ditto with the need for a manual. This loco only works if you pick it up such that only the pick up shoe touches the middle power stubs. When you set the loco on the tracks, it does not move. What could be the problem? Does it also have dip switches?

Transformer 37547 10V. Is this one of the transformers that can damage a digital loco if put in reverse?

With many thanks

Peter

Analogue is all switches in the off position.

Any other position of the switches means it is set to a digital address.

The other items I have no experience with, but for the loco you need to pick up I think I would check the motor brushes. If they are worn down there may not be enough power through the motor when it is loaded for it to run, but when you take the load away bu lifting it then it can turn. The fix will be a new set of brushes.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Rocca  
#3 Posted : 03 February 2020 18:24:02(UTC)
Rocca

Italy   
Hi Peter,

You find here the link: https://www.libble.eu/marklin-3095/online-manual-777955/
Best regards
Stefano

With many thanks

Peter

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Rocca
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 03 February 2020 18:43:57(UTC)
H0

Rule of thumb: If it was made for former mains voltages (110 V, 220 V, or 240 V) then it most likely is a potential risk for certain decoders.
If it was made for a current mains language (120 V or 230 V) then it is most likely safe.
Better get a 6646, 6647, or 6647x to play it safe.

Do you have a voltmeter to assess the reversing voltage? 28 V AC is the critical mark.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage