Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Tex  
#1 Posted : 06 June 2017 20:49:42(UTC)
Tex

United States   

I have just ordered a M 41324 three passenger car set with built in LED lighting and current conducting couplers. I plan to be able to use passenger cars of this type with different engines, both steam and diesel. One way would be to obtain a 41330 baggage car with an added slider pick up and current conducting couplers. Has anyone done this and how do they turn the lights off and on, it would be ideal if this could be done using a decoder in the baggage car.

Tex
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 06 June 2017 23:14:45(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
One of the coaches in the 41324 set is the BDyge 2nd class coach with baggage compartment. You don't need to add a second such coach. The slider is already mounted on one of the coaches.
The function should be the same regardless of whether this consist is pulled by a steam engine or by a diesel (V200, V212) or even an electric.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline applor  
#3 Posted : 07 June 2017 00:26:32(UTC)
applor

Australia   
As Mike has said and if you want to be able to turn the lights on and off, install a basic function decoder into the coach with the pickup shoe.
I would also install rear marker lights on the last coach, though that means you always need to run that particular car last.
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by applor
Offline Tex  
#4 Posted : 07 June 2017 19:44:59(UTC)
Tex

United States   
Originally Posted by: applor Go to Quoted Post
As Mike has said and if you want to be able to turn the lights on and off, install a basic function decoder into the coach with the pickup shoe.
I would also install rear marker lights on the last coach, though that means you always need to run that particular car last.

Thank you, that was to be my next question. The second is, are single coaches available that could be added to make a four car train , and the third is , when if ever will my order be filled. I was told that the set was not available. Also would like to know what a " basic function decoder " is.

It would be nice if we could turn back the clock to when there we real live dealers that you could talk to !

Tex
Offline Minok  
#5 Posted : 07 June 2017 21:14:00(UTC)
Minok

United States   
For a basic decoder you could get a $16 DCC decoder such as the Digitrax DH126D which would give you the ability to turn the power to the lights off and on (rather than the default of "on - while the track has power".

Delivery of the 41324 set to insiders is expected/planned for Q3 2017, so I'd say Oct/Nov at the earliest.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Minok
Tex