Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rwill  
#1 Posted : 05 January 2017 12:12:54(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
Having abandoned my previous scheme to buy a new CS2 bargain just at the point they become last year’s news due to FD pressure I spotted something even dafter.

I have a set up including 6021 and 2 x 6040 keyboards (which still find favour over my MS2). I have always had a longing for a 6043 memory. I have a few k track contact tracks 2299 & etc from way back when, and a year ago, I brought from eBay a S88 – 6088 which was unsold on an auction which I bid for other things so I got it for the sum of £5.60. Now I am always conscious of the leaky battery issue of the 6043 memory so when I see one for up to a hundred pounds I can’t afford the gamble. I have partaken in a few “last minute madness” eBay events where my absolute max of fifty quid has disappeared into the sunset.

So, Xmas day there was a 6043-auction ending 22.00hrs and the no bids start was 25 Euros. We were going out to Xmas dinner with the kids so without any great hope I added a couple of Euros and left a bid which on my return and to my surprise I had won. Since then it has been on a Mondial Relais trip round France and was left on the doorstep this morning by a mystery man in a car well packaged but with no box, manual, programming sheet etc. but looks absolutely fine. Lack of manual should not be a problem as my trusty 0303 digital handbook gives a pretty good chapter on this unit. Early experiments appear to indicate its working just fine so no one will get a peep out of me for the next couple of days whilst I try to master last century digital technology. The FD thinks it’s wonderful even though she has not a clue what it is but then she doesn’t know there’s a parcel from Lokshop on the horizon.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Rwill
Offline clapcott  
#2 Posted : 06 January 2017 01:32:44(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
I would strongly suggest you open the unit up and check the battery for its date and/or leakage.

Unless the battery has a recent date (and no leakage) , expect to replace it sooner rather than later
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott