Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Bill  
#1 Posted : 31 December 2002 23:45:04(UTC)
Bill

I am now modelling Z scale in addition to Marklin HO -- and it has certainly been a learning curve combined with a lot of patience, but well worth it. I have a beginner question -- I thought I read somewhere the loks need a warm-up time -- and I have noticed that the lok that came in the starter set does need about 20 minutes of running to smooth out in terms of operation. Why is this? Is this typical? Anything less than a nice long run and the lok has trouble running smooth. I also have started cleaning the track daily and that is helping too.

Offline kgsjoqvist  
#2 Posted : 13 January 2003 11:36:29(UTC)
kgsjoqvist

Sweden   
My wife recently received her starter set that I gave her. The loco is working allright, but sometimes it needs a little push to start moving. I will try to run it for half an hour or so to see if it behaves better. Anyway I'm impressed by the Z scala in terms of details - but of course it's a bit more delicate to operate it compared to H0. I have also noticed that the wheels slide a lot in the starting moment - not enough traction ...

We plan to use the Z train as a display model with a very small oval track, and I hope it will work smoothly!

/Karl

K-G / H0 and Z model train user
Offline KLB  
#3 Posted : 16 January 2003 19:16:57(UTC)
KLB

Hi all,
Just a thought,why would a z-scale motor be any different than an HO one?For my loks,I set up a simple oval and when I get a new lok I do a 'break-in' run:15 minutes forward,15 minutes backwards,30 minutes,1 hour,......they run better the more you run them!

Kevin!

Moderator,Märklin Bar&Grill

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MarklinBandG/
Kevin!

Moderator,Märklin Bar&Grill

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MarklinBandG/