Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline camcath  
#1 Posted : 14 November 2016 11:44:32(UTC)
camcath

Australia   
Hi

I recently received some passenger wagons from an internet purchase, with one arriving without the gangway connections attached at either end. By this I mean the pieces you remove to seperate the wagon's base from the body to insert lights. Grateful any advice on what these are called in the marklin world as I will need to order.

Thanks

Cameron
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 14 November 2016 15:19:49(UTC)
H0

Hi, Cameron,

The old-style gangways are called "Faltenbalgübergänge" in German. I don't have a spare part number, I just have a warning:

There are two shapes (folded and extracted). The folded type is used at the end of the train, the extracted type between coaches.

Märklin has these parts with pegs of different sizes. There isn't one gangway that fits all coaches.
Small peg in big hole does no good, big peg cannot be inserted into small hole.

Long story short: there will be at least four different spare part numbers for the item you ask for.

Do you have a reference number for that coach? Maybe Märklin service can help if you provide the ref. number of the coach.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline camcath  
#3 Posted : 14 November 2016 19:20:58(UTC)
camcath

Australia   
Thanks Tom

Very helpful, 43816 is the wagon number and I have found the item on ebay. Quality control issue for marklin, the wagon was new out of the box!

Cameron
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 14 November 2016 19:46:17(UTC)
H0

I was on the wrong track: this coach has the newer type called Gummiwulstübergänge.
Märklin Service (service@maerklin.de) has internal documents and can find spare part numbers that cannot be found in public documents.

The term gangway made me think you were looking for gangway bellows.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage