Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Paul24  
#1 Posted : 30 October 2016 21:44:46(UTC)
Paul24

United States   
Because I have a 6023 Control Unit, I cannot change the address of one of my locomotives (currently 72) to 10, 20, 30, or 40 in order to make the 6023 unit usable. So, the 6023 will always be practically useless without one of those addresses to work with. Buying a 6021 for around $100 would mean I could change the address myself, but then I would have two control units when I really needed only one. I'm stuck.
If any Marklin user in the Bay Area (I live in Contra Costa) who has a 6021 would be willing to spend a few minutes to change my loco's address, I'd be grateful and willing to pay so that I don't waste $100 on a control unit I don't really need. I'm willing to travel 30 miles or so to accomplish this. Anyone out there feel like being helpful? This should be quick and not too much of an imposition. I'd really appreciate it.

Paul in Pleasant Hill, CA
Offline RayF  
#2 Posted : 30 October 2016 23:59:43(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Hi Paul,

It doesn't have to be a 6021. Anyone with a Mobile or Central Station could do it for you too.

Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
H0
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#3 Posted : 31 October 2016 00:00:13(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Hi paul- I really would invest in a 6021 or newer. I bet you can land one for about $50 if you watch ebay long enough. Maybe even less.
SBB Era 2-5
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 31 October 2016 08:22:01(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
It doesn't have to be a 6021. Anyone with a Mobile or Central Station could do it for you too.
Yep, we told him before.
Intellibox or ECoS can also do it.

It is his choice if he wants the 6021 only and if he wants to go there in person without involving a parcel service.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline jvuye  
#5 Posted : 31 October 2016 14:01:54(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: Paul24 Go to Quoted Post
Because I have a 6023 Control Unit, I cannot change the address of one of my locomotives (currently 72) to 10, 20, 30, or 40 in order to make the 6023 unit usable. So, the 6023 will always be practically useless without one of those addresses to work with. Buying a 6021 for around $100 would mean I could change the address myself, but then I would have two control units when I really needed only one. I'm stuck.
If any Marklin user in the Bay Area (I live in Contra Costa) who has a 6021 would be willing to spend a few minutes to change my loco's address, I'd be grateful and willing to pay so that I don't waste $100 on a control unit I don't really need. I'm willing to travel 30 miles or so to accomplish this. Anyone out there feel like being helpful? This should be quick and not too much of an imposition. I'd really appreciate it.

Paul in Pleasant Hill, CA

Hi Paul
Why don't you join ETE? (European Trains Enthusiasts) Bay area chapter?
Plenty of Marklin users , all of them very friendly and competent.
For the cost of your membership (less than $25) you'd gain access to **many times** what you'd be expecting in your wildest dreams!
Check here: www.ete.org
Hope this helps
Cheers
Jacques
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!