Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Nielsenr  
#1 Posted : 22 June 2016 16:56:43(UTC)
Nielsenr

United States   
Hey all!!

I have a couple of layout projects going on and one of them I am using the Faller 180725 servo controller to open and close roundhouse doors. I have been able to adjust the servos to properly open and close the doors. Pretty cool!! Now I want to be able to control the doors open and closing via the CS2. The instructions are quite vague on how to set the addressing of the controller. Has anyone ever used this controller and can assist with setting the addresses? The 180725 can use either Marklin or DCC addressing and I don't care which scheme I use.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Robert
Offline clapcott  
#2 Posted : 22 June 2016 22:14:43(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
If you have already set up the end-stops and speed then you are 99% there.

In this respect, the Faller unit with its extra buttons instead on a strict reliance on a Control Center has great advantages.

About all you need is to set the address of each servo

As per manual (page 50), the default addresses for DCC are 1,3,5,7
http://www.faller.de/xs_...tungen/180725_anl_01.pdf

You may use one of two programming methods
1 - use the Prog button and pulse through the options until you get to the address step (pg 44 ...)
- - at the address step, you would push the address on the controller that you want the unit to remember
Note: after setting the address - cancel out of programming mode or you may override your existing endstop setup

2 - with CVs
In your basic mode this is not really needed - if playing with oscillations and the optional mid-point pause address, then using CV may be more efficient

CVs 120/121, 130/131,140/141,150/151 are used to specify the address of each oo the 4 ports
1x0 = High digit multiplier, 1x1= low digit (range 1-255)
(If you keep the address under 255 then the 1x0 CV address is left at 0)

These are programmed with a controller set to DCC mode, however once the address is set you may operate them in MM mode
Set CV-119 bit 7 to 1

The other bits of CV119 refer to the application of power as a detent while not in motion. for youe shed doors this should not be needed so leave as 0.
This means CV119 will be either "0" for DCC or "1" for MM
Peter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline Nielsenr  
#3 Posted : 23 June 2016 06:44:39(UTC)
Nielsenr

United States   
Thanks Peter!!

I had originally set up the servos in analog mode and expected a rather easy way to just set the address. Late this afternoon I re-read the manual (and found it to be very ambiguous) saw where you could set-up the servos in digital mode. Setting the address was one of the early steps and as it turns out, after going through all of the steps my servo settings from the set-up in analog mode were still preserved. My client/friend is very happy with the roundhouse doors opening and closing operation. I still have to try and get some solenoid push buttons on the layout screen to operate the doors.

This particular layout is an American based Marklin layout. My friend/client built the framework, together we cut the open framework track boards and laid the track, I have done all of the wiring, getting stop sections for "block" operation working and alternating trains stopping in the station sidings. Off of a second pole of the relays I use for stop sections, I have added some inexpensive signals to show the condition of the stop sections. My work is almost done with the last job setting up the electronics for a small Faller Car System on the layout. Then I can put more effort into a Marklin layout I am building in my garage that when finished will be taken apart and delivered 700 miles away as well as doing a power upgrade to a rather large (37.5' by 15') O gauge layout I finished building a couple of years ago that will be able to run Lionel and MTH locos at the same time.

It is great being retired!! LOL!!

Thanks again for your help!!

Robert
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Nielsenr