Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Janne75  
#1 Posted : 18 March 2016 18:13:37(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi,

I bought this 55031 starter sets DB BR 91 1651 steam locomotive second hand and I don't have the instruction manual. There are two switches under this loco. One is for setting mode AC/DC/Digital, but what is the second one for? I assume it's for the smoke unit power on/off in analog mode.

Regards,
Janne

Edited by user 19 March 2016 07:07:24(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
Offline Rocca  
#2 Posted : 25 April 2016 10:42:32(UTC)
Rocca

Italy   
Dear Janne,

I've only the oldest Stratpackung 55036, but it has the same BR 91. Here you can find the Manual:
It is a digital mfx loco, so it can't have a switch either for setting mode either for the Smoke unit.
Let me know if it is useful

Best regards
Stefano Rocca

Originally Posted by: Janne75 Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

I bought this 55031 starter sets DB BR 91 1651 steam locomotive second hand and I don't have the instruction manual. There are two switches under this loco. One is for setting mode AC/DC/Digital, but what is the second one for? I assume it's for the smoke unit power on/off in analog mode.

Regards,
Janne

Offline Markus Schild  
#3 Posted : 25 April 2016 22:39:29(UTC)
Markus Schild

Germany   
Hi Janne,

The second switch is for the sound : on/off. The manual says that it must be switched OFF while conventional operation.

Regards

Markus
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Markus Schild
Offline Rocca  
#4 Posted : 27 April 2016 21:47:34(UTC)
Rocca

Italy   
hi Markus,

I can't understand what you're meaning, because in the Manual I've attached it tells that the operational mode is automatically recognized. Please, have a look at p. 8 (English version).

Best regards
Stefano Rocca

Originally Posted by: Markus Schild Go to Quoted Post
Hi Janne,

The second switch is for the sound : on/off. The manual says that it must be switched OFF while conventional operation.

Regards

Markus

Offline Markus Schild  
#5 Posted : 27 April 2016 21:53:54(UTC)
Markus Schild

Germany   
Hi Rocca,

Maybe there is more than one version of the loco. At loco with two switches, one is for the operation-mode and the second one is for the sound.

Regards

Marksu
Offline Rocca  
#6 Posted : 28 April 2016 06:19:44(UTC)
Rocca

Italy   
Hi Markus,
Thanks, sure it must be as you suggest. Anyway Janne has spoken about a very new loco, which is supposed to be a mfx one. Anyway, thanks again!
Best regards

Stefano Rocca

Originally Posted by: Markus Schild Go to Quoted Post
Hi Rocca,

Maybe there is more than one version of the loco. At loco with two switches, one is for the operation-mode and the second one is for the sound.

Regards

Marksu

Offline Janne75  
#7 Posted : 25 May 2016 08:51:50(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi Markus and Stefano,

Sorry for the long delay in my reply as I haven´t been on the forum for a while. My loco is not a new mfx version. I bought it as second hand and it´s from a starter set 55031 (from around year 2000 to 2004). It has fx decoder, but no sounds. Only TELEX coupler in the rear, lights, smoke unit and acceleration/braking delay on/off can be controlled if I remember correctly.

Best regards,
Janne

Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Janne75