Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline skeeterbuck  
#1 Posted : 29 December 2015 00:28:25(UTC)
skeeterbuck

United States   
I have a Marklin BR41 loco and have broken off the steam generator from the left upper part of the boiler. I went to Marklin website to look up the exploded diagram for the engine and it only shows the boiler as a complete assembly. Here's a link

http://www.maerklin.de/s...&artikelnummer=37924

It's located between the smoke stack & first steam dome on the left side closest to you on the diagram. I can't believe you have to buy the complete boiler assembly to get this part. (at least I hope you don't) Crying

Any idea how I can find this part number? Thanks for any and all help!

Chuck
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 29 December 2015 04:52:38(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Some of the fine details are either delivered as integral to the shell or are molded as part of the housing. There does not seem to be a separate part for this item. You should check with service(at)maerklin.de to see if they can be of assistance. I could not even find a part number for the complete shell on the exploded list.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Roberto Romano  
#3 Posted : 29 December 2015 05:56:30(UTC)
Roberto Romano

Originally Posted by: skeeterbuck Go to Quoted Post
It's located between the smoke stack & first steam dome on the left side closest to you on the diagram. I

Are you refereeing to the circular part where the arrow of 30 ends in the diagram?Confused Confused
Regards, Roberto
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 29 December 2015 06:20:01(UTC)
H0

Any idea how I can find this part number?
A few years ago Märklin Service was able to give me spare part numbers for two small parts of BR 01.10 that were not listed on the explosion diagram. I ordered those parts and got them in short time.

That was some years ago and they changed their spare parts strategy since, but I would still contact them first.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline skeeterbuck  
#5 Posted : 29 December 2015 12:51:51(UTC)
skeeterbuck

United States   
Originally Posted by: Roberto Romano Go to Quoted Post
It's located between the smoke stack & first steam dome on the left side closest to you on the diagram. I

Are you refereeing to the circular part where the arrow of 30 ends in the diagram?Confused Confused

Robert, it's in the same area as where 30 is indicating, but instead of being on the right side of the boiler it's on the left.

Thanks!
Chuck

I located a pic that shows the part clearly. It's that electric motor looking part behind the smokestack and before the forward steam dome. Wink

UserPostedImage
Offline skeeterbuck  
#6 Posted : 29 December 2015 12:56:15(UTC)
skeeterbuck

United States   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
Some of the fine details are either delivered as integral to the shell or are molded as part of the housing. There does not seem to be a separate part for this item. You should check with service(at)maerklin.de to see if they can be of assistance. I could not even find a part number for the complete shell on the exploded list.

Regards

Mike C

Mike, it's not part of the boiler casting, it's a separately applied part. On my boiler you can see the area where it is applied there is a notch like shelf set into the boiler casting where this part is attached. The boiler is cast metal as this part would appear to be plastic.

Thanks!
Chuck
Offline skeeterbuck  
#7 Posted : 29 December 2015 12:58:33(UTC)
skeeterbuck

United States   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Any idea how I can find this part number?
A few years ago Märklin Service was able to give me spare part numbers for two small parts of BR 01.10 that were not listed on the explosion diagram. I ordered those parts and got them in short time.

That was some years ago and they changed their spare parts strategy since, but I would still contact them first.

Tom, that's what I'm hoping too. I know that every part for this locomotive is not indicated on that exploded diagram. I email Marklin and reply with what I find out.

Thanks!
Chuck