Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mpferry26  
#1 Posted : 26 December 2015 19:32:06(UTC)
mpferry26

United States   
Forum members,

Merry Christmas everyone! We just got our first starter kit on Wednesday, and I downloaded and have been working in SCARM to plan my layout. I have the track all set up, including heights, but have not added anything else yet.

I have one trouble spot where I can't connect the last piece of track. I have it soooo close, but SCARM won't connected it. So I want to know - do I have to figure out how to connect for my actual track layout to work, or is it close enough that when I actually set up the track, it has enough "give" in it that it will connect up okay? I would also love to hear any input on places that I need improvement on. (If you need any different screenshots, let me know.) I want to get it right before I go to the expense of buying all the track, etc.

Here are my track layout screenshots: https://www.marklin-user...um&u=9408&a=1631

I have one more question. I have not studied on all the electrical needs of the layouts yet, is there a specific post that will help me figure it all out? (Or maybe another place that I can go?) I'm rather clueless at this point, other than realizing I probably need to supply power to the track at more than one point. Confused

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my screenshots and helping me get off to a good start!

Patty

Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 26 December 2015 19:52:56(UTC)
H0

Hi, Patty,

Welcome to the forum.

With C track "close" is enough if there is enough track to give or take a few millimetres. There is no problem with your layout.

One feeder every 2 metres (six feet) should be enough. It can't harm to make more than that.

Signals may need insulated sections - depending on how they are used. In that case you should figure out where signals will be before gluing the tracks to the board.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 26 December 2015 20:22:58(UTC)
H0

I have to contradict myself: there is a difference of 6° with the curves because a 24206 is missing. Maybe you can close the gap with a 24206 in place.
With the 24206 in place, you can move the tracks a bit if a gap remains.

Four 24215 in a row can be replaced by two 24230.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage