Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<34567>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#201 Posted : 14 January 2016 21:01:31(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
My collection is based on Swiss rails post 1968. I don't know if I will go for the C5/6 although it looks interesting. The EC Tiziano Set looks like it might be an interesting consist. I already had the LSM consist on order (exact scale), but I don't know what the status of that project is at the moment. The only "must have" item for me is the 42174 restaurant coach, which I will need to update or complete my 43670/43671/43672 consists as well as my 42169 and 42164/42166 based Intercity trains.
Other items that I might consider include the SNCB T"Transcereales" set, which would make a nice addition to my 46321, 46342 and Trix 24500 Sets. It would also free up the pair of "Monfer" cars from the 46321/24500 for other assignment. The 48148 Wood train might make an interesting addition to my 26532 Ae 6/6 Set from years ago.
As far as the 39863 ES64F4 (189), I just received the Roco model, so I am not sure if I would need a model from Maerklin. I already have the BLS Re 486 from the Startset, so I don't know if I need a second one (36624), even if this one has sounds. If they had made the BLS/Railpool 186, it might have been more interesting.
The 36193 ELL SBB 193 is used only in Germany and Austria, so it does not fit my collection. It is also a Hobby model with bells and whistles.

If you don't have catenary all over the place, the digitally operable crane (Goliath) sounds like a cool model.

I have been watching the Canadian dollar dive in value, so I will have to spend carefully this year and preplan having some Euros and US dollars set aside to cover any purchases.
So far, it is not looking like a very costly year (other than the sentence above).

Regards

Mike C
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#202 Posted : 14 January 2016 21:23:33(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Most disappointed at the differences between the cs3 and cs3+ - certainly do not look like 100 Euro worth, even if some of it is hidden in the software. I'm not sure the cs3+ won't flop.

150 Euros worth actually.

From the Neuheiten catalog....

"CS3plus – The Small but Fine Difference:
The CS3plus offers a comprehensive entry into digital model
railroading. Equipped with the same performance features
as the CS3 the CS3plus also offers an s88 connection for
s88 feedback modules and the possibility of using as many
CS3plus devices as desired as an add-on. The use of several
CS3plus units expands the possibilities for controlling a layout
(additional locomotive controllers, additional Keyboards,
expanded control possibilities) as well as the Booster performance
that is made available. The track connection for the CS3
can be used as a Booster connection."

That spiel hints that you need a CS3+ to be able use it as a remote controller, plus it has additional S88 connectors (because it doesn't have a Bus Input connector). The CS3+ also has 'Märklin Bus input' connector - Clapcott's post in the other CS3 thread advises this is needed for the ability to use the CS3+ as a remote device, the CS3 doesn't have this, the CS3+ does.
Offline xxup  
#203 Posted : 14 January 2016 21:48:24(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Yeeee Haaaa.. More ore cars for my two DM3's working at the mine.. LOL

That 37776 looks nice too..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline kiwiAlan  
#204 Posted : 14 January 2016 22:02:23(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
Yeeee Haaaa.. More ore cars for my two DM3's working at the mine.. LOL

That 37776 looks nice too..

And more Ore Cars in the Trix NI with different numbers ... Laugh Laugh Laugh

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#205 Posted : 14 January 2016 22:21:23(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Don't encourage him - his FD will have a fit!

I'm surprised there are no Br18.5 variants in the Neuheiten given that one of the 2015 Insider models was a Br18.5.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline H0  
#206 Posted : 14 January 2016 22:31:44(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
I'm surprised there are no Br18.5 variants in the Neuheiten given that one of the 2015 Insider models was a Br18.5.
In the past there usually was a grace period of three years between Insider model and similar Outsider models.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline kiwiAlan  
#207 Posted : 14 January 2016 22:47:57(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Don't encourage him - his FD will have a fit!

Don't worry, there is at least one G2000 in the Trix NI that hasn't yet appeared in the Marklin range, so I guess that will be an item for the Summer or Herbst NI ...

Offline kgsjoqvist  
#208 Posted : 14 January 2016 22:51:27(UTC)
kgsjoqvist

Sweden   
Most disappointed at the differences between the cs3 and cs3+ - certainly do not look like 100 Euro worth, even if some of it is hidden in the software. I'm not sure the cs3+ won't flop.

That spiel hints that you need a CS3+ to be able use it as a remote controller, plus it has additional S88 connectors (because it doesn't have a Bus Input connector). The CS3+ also has 'Märklin Bus input' connector - Clapcott's post in the other CS3 thread advises this is needed for the ability to use the CS3+ as a remote device, the CS3 doesn't have this, the CS3+ does.

The only difference is connectivity - and few people will need more than one CS.
K-G / H0 and Z model train user
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#209 Posted : 14 January 2016 22:51:30(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Great catalog! Lots of lovely new stuff even if it doesn't fit my collection. I've always loved the great northern F7s in the empire builder color scheme...

Purchase wise i'll have to buy the SBB log cars to add to my now scary-big logging collection, the SBB solo dining car, and the C 5/6 (but not the freight cars), maybe a 46870 telescoping set but I already have 7 of the original 4687 individual ones!

Thank goodness I'm pressed for space these days or I'd have gone nuts on the non-SBB items...
SBB Era 2-5
Offline Rwill  
#210 Posted : 14 January 2016 22:55:31(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
I am totally confused.

Toying with the idea of dumping the control 80f - keyboard etc set up in favour of MS2 but have been waiting for any news today in the NI stuff.

So as predicted no major change - a black cover and a blue screen whoopee -Am I right in saying no change?

But what confuses me is they seem to want to call it not MS3 nor MS2 but back to simply Mobile Station.

So in all the function descriptions for loks, etc we have the four for control unit limited extra for Mobile station and the full monty for MS2 and CS.

So is the new mobile station going backwards or is it just semantics.

I guess what I may be asking as well do I try and get a discounted 60653 shortly or wait for the new black jobby.
Offline H0  
#211 Posted : 14 January 2016 23:06:46(UTC)
H0

Märklin naming is a bit inconsistent. The product is called "60653 Mobile Station", but in loco descriptions the MS2 column refers to it.

The new dark grey track boxes are €20 cheaper than the old light grey track boxes. But I think only the colour has changed and they are bringing list prices a bit closer to the street prices.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline RayF  
#212 Posted : 14 January 2016 23:29:47(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: Rwill Go to Quoted Post
I am totally confused.

Toying with the idea of dumping the control 80f - keyboard etc set up in favour of MS2 but have been waiting for any news today in the NI stuff.

So as predicted no major change - a black cover and a blue screen whoopee -Am I right in saying no change?

But what confuses me is they seem to want to call it not MS3 nor MS2 but back to simply Mobile Station.

So in all the function descriptions for loks, etc we have the four for control unit limited extra for Mobile station and the full monty for MS2 and CS.

So is the new mobile station going backwards or is it just semantics.

I guess what I may be asking as well do I try and get a discounted 60653 shortly or wait for the new black jobby.

The only changes to the MS2 have been cosmetic, so that it matches the new colour for Marklin digital components. I have no doubt there will be a MS3 along at some point, but this is not it.

Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline Alberto Pedrini  
#213 Posted : 14 January 2016 23:31:28(UTC)
Alberto Pedrini

Italy   
Goliath comes back with sound, Cool
Do you remember my video ten years ago?

http://www.marklinfan.net/goliath.htm

Edited by user 15 January 2016 09:01:40(UTC)  | Reason: correction

Alberto

Marklinfan Club Italia
www.marklinfan.net
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Alberto Pedrini
Offline Alberto Pedrini  
#214 Posted : 14 January 2016 23:33:08(UTC)
Alberto Pedrini

Italy   
Goliath
Alberto

Marklinfan Club Italia
www.marklinfan.net
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Alberto Pedrini
Offline clapcott  
#215 Posted : 15 January 2016 00:31:11(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   

I suggest you do the math on the 29000

It comes with a TrackBox and PowerSupply as well as some track, and has an availability date of 1Q16
Peter
Offline clapcott  
#216 Posted : 15 January 2016 01:08:44(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
I am totally confused.

Being a permanent skeptic of anything marketing produce I would want the following qualified and quantified ...

for the MobileStation 60657

- ... b/w .... (do they mean monochrome i.e. the white on blue we are used to ?)
- ... full graphic .... (what is "full" ? the WebShop image "looks" a darker blue and slightly finer - but also smacks of a mockup)
- ... in the optionally available track connect box ... (What is optional ?) Note: there is a firmer statement at the bottom of the page.
- ... 60114/60116 ... ( what about interoperability with the 60112/60113/60122 ?)
- ... Solenoid items can be controlled in the formats Motorola und DCC ... (as apposed to Motorola OR DCC ?)

for the TrackBox 60116

- ... up to two Mobile Station ... (what happened to ten, if you use the 60122?)

And finally , have they fixed the buttons (4 function buttons on each side) ?
Peter
Offline old toot  
#217 Posted : 15 January 2016 01:18:32(UTC)
old toot

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post

It comes with a TrackBox and PowerSupply as well as some track, and has an availability date of 1Q16

what peter is saying is at 149.00 euro that is the controller and box, so the power supply and the 12 R2 raduis curves and straights are free approx 100.00 euro worth and a clever move by them to include the R2 curves as often people up grading want an extra curve outside the existing R1 track.
The easy of use of the mobile station as well as able to control points from it, is where it is the jump ahead
regards
old toot
were we pickit, packit and postit
Offline old toot  
#218 Posted : 15 January 2016 01:32:27(UTC)
old toot

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: kgsjoqvist Go to Quoted Post

The only difference is connectivity - and few people will need more than one CS.

the biggest asset of the S88 connection is for clubs with modules and the ability to provide feedback as each module is added in or out. add the wireless router to underside of the central station and you have ability for all the club folks to log in with their cellphones, and have mobile walk around like we have been doing with the present. CS2
were we pickit, packit and postit
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#219 Posted : 15 January 2016 04:12:31(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   

I thought 29000 was quite good value at 135 euro (Lokshop price).
Offline foumaro  
#220 Posted : 15 January 2016 07:33:37(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
Originally Posted by: Alsterstreek Go to Quoted Post
But there are also H0 scale US items:

37935 Santa Fe Mikado steamer
39621 Great Northern F7 double-header
45661 & 45662 US freight car sets

I will wait to see what kind of motor the Mikado will have.All the previous Mikados i have are equipped with the great faulhaber motor.The broshure saying for the 37935 "new motor".If the 37935 is not have faulhaber,i will not buy it.BigGrin
Offline Goofy  
#221 Posted : 15 January 2016 07:59:55(UTC)
Goofy

I am totally confused.

Being a permanent skeptic of anything marketing produce I would want the following qualified and quantified ...

for the MobileStation 60657

- ... b/w .... (do they mean monochrome i.e. the white on blue we are used to ?)
- ... full graphic .... (what is "full" ? the WebShop image "looks" a darker blue and slightly finer - but also smacks of a mockup)
- ... in the optionally available track connect box ... (What is optional ?) Note: there is a firmer statement at the bottom of the page.
- ... 60114/60116 ... ( what about interoperability with the 60112/60113/60122 ?)
- ... Solenoid items can be controlled in the formats Motorola und DCC ... (as apposed to Motorola OR DCC ?)

for the TrackBox 60116

- ... up to two Mobile Station ... (what happened to ten, if you use the 60122?)

And finally , have they fixed the buttons (4 function buttons on each side) ?

I believe it do have same function like the old grey.
But the question is if it´s same process in the data chip?
You will anyway get higher version with the new soft program by upload again.
With the CS3 you will get new upgrades again by repeat process by upgrades program.
The CS3 doesn´t have same functional like CS2.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Dimi194  
#222 Posted : 15 January 2016 09:09:50(UTC)
Dimi194

Australia   
Here I was, trying to save for a trip to EU at the end of the year, and then this happened.... :P

Loving the new Start-Up stuff, some of the freight cars and the new MFX locos look awesome, and I actually really like the little LINDT loco... but do I really need 2 MUs on my layout... hmmm...

That new crane set is incredible (but also $$$$) so just looking at that one!
Author of the gritty sci-fi novel 'Stories of Earth: WWIII' (featuring an awesome train chase)
Avid YouTuber (XtremeTrainz and TrainzXtreme) and train person!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Dimi194
Offline kiwiAlan  
#223 Posted : 15 January 2016 10:27:29(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

I was confused by the description for that, it says it comes with R2 track, but then lists R1 track in the box contents.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#224 Posted : 15 January 2016 10:29:29(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: old toot Go to Quoted Post

what peter is saying is at 149.00 euro that is the controller and box, so the power supply and the 12 R2 raduis curves and straights are free approx 100.00 euro worth and a clever move by them to include the R2 curves as often people up grading want an extra curve outside the existing R1 track.
The easy of use of the mobile station as well as able to control points from it, is where it is the jump ahead
regards
old toot

But in the box contents they list R1 241xx curves Bryan.

Offline RayF  
#225 Posted : 15 January 2016 10:30:15(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   

I thought 29000 was quite good value at 135 euro (Lokshop price).

I agree. It looks like excellent value.

However I might see if they split one of the MS from the new starter sets, as I don't really need the track.

I'm hoping my old grey one can be updated from the new black one?
Ray
Offline kiwiAlan  
#226 Posted : 15 January 2016 10:31:53(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post

With the CS3 you will get new upgrades again by repeat process by upgrades program.

Oh, so its not a 'complete system' after all.
Offline H0  
#227 Posted : 15 January 2016 11:25:36(UTC)
H0

Only in the English text, the German text and the product database show 24230.
We know how carefully the Märklin QA works, but some oddities of the catalogues slipped through.

I like the "impressive mountain set" they advertise on page 3 (referring to the Goliath crane). Mountain, rescue - who cares.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline RayF  
#228 Posted : 15 January 2016 11:33:20(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Only in the English text, the German text and the product database show 24230.
We know how carefully the Märklin QA works, but some oddities of the catalogues slipped through.

I like the "impressive mountain set" they advertise on page 3 (referring to the Goliath crane). Mountain, rescue - who cares.

BigGrin

The lost art of proof reading!
Ray
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by RayF
H0xxup
Offline mbarreto  
#229 Posted : 15 January 2016 12:15:52(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

CS2 allows for S88 connection and it can be connected to a CS3, so it seems that if one owns a CS2 and wants to keep it and have it connected to a CS3 and stick to no more than these 2 CSs (add the MSs you want), the CS3+ is not of big advantage. Am I right?

I like the 29000 set with the (now confirmed) R2 curves, considering its price.

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline Goofy  
#230 Posted : 15 January 2016 12:54:53(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post

Oh, so its not a 'complete system' after all.

Exactly!
Be sure you will also get some troubleshooting sometimes by upgrades program,just same way like the old CS2.

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline sjlauritsen  
#231 Posted : 15 January 2016 14:16:53(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: mbarreto Go to Quoted Post
CS2 allows for S88 connection and it can be connected to a CS3, so it seems that if one owns a CS2 and wants to keep it and have it connected to a CS3 and stick to no more than these 2 CSs (add the MSs you want), the CS3+ is not of big advantage. Am I right?

Anyone buying the CS3 can use an S88 LINK module to make use of S88. Even though the CS3 does not have the S88 port, it does not mean that it cannot make use S88. Today's CS2 cannot make use of S88 with the new S88-N plugs, but it can with a LINK module (or the converter cable). The same goes for the CS3 (except for the converter cable part).

I think having an S88 port in the CS3Plus, and being able to use the CS3Plus as a booster is a great feature. I would consider the CS3Plus a Booster/Controller/S88 LINK bundle. You basically have all these in there.

As I understand it, a club with a modular layout, or permanent layout for that matter, can choose to invest in several CS3Plus (or members can bring them). They do not have to also invest in boosters or link modules.

And with the USB charger port, you can charge your kid's MyWorld trains (or your smartphone). ThumpUp
Søren from Denmark
Blog: https://railway.zone/ | Danish Model Railway Forum: https://baneforum.dk/
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by sjlauritsen
Offline Karl Gunnar Sjöqvist  
#232 Posted : 15 January 2016 14:32:41(UTC)
Karl Gunnar Sjöqvist

Originally Posted by: sjlauritsen Go to Quoted Post

Anyone buying the CS3 can use an S88 LINK module to make use of S88. Even though the CS3 does not have the S88 port, it does not mean that it cannot make use S88. Today's CS2 cannot make use of S88 with the new S88-N plugs, but it can with a LINK module (or the converter cable). The same goes for the CS3 (except for the converter cable part).

I think having an S88 port in the CS3Plus, and being able to use the CS3Plus as a booster is a great feature. I would consider the CS3Plus a Booster/Controller/S88 LINK bundle. You basically have all these in there.

As I understand it, a club with a modular layout, or permanent layout for that matter, can choose to invest in several CS3Plus (or members can bring them). They do not have to also invest in boosters or link modules.

And with the USB charger port, you can charge your kid's MyWorld trains (or your smartphone). ThumpUp

I dont't know if it is common to use Central Station in MRR club layouts (most clubs run 2-rail AFAIK), but of course it is possible. In that case a CS3+ is more useful - can be used as a booster or as a remote controller. Modular layouts here in Sweden mostly use LocoNet, so it's a pity Märklin doesn't support that...

Fo my needs a CS3 is more than enough... One question though: Can the MS2 be plugged directly into the ports in front, or is an adapter cable needed?

Offline witzlerh  
#233 Posted : 15 January 2016 14:46:14(UTC)
witzlerh

Canada   
For the Goliath Crane, my dad has the red digital crane (49952).
It's lifting capacity is pretty impressive for a model.
We have been lifting the smallest tank lok back onto the track but then some of those loks are close to 50 ton per axle when scaled back to prototype, I am guessing.
Harald
CS2 DB & Canadian Era 3-6
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by witzlerh
Offline kiwiAlan  
#234 Posted : 15 January 2016 14:57:08(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Only if you buy the cs3+ AIUI.

Yeah will certainly consider that, not currently having an ms2.

Offline H0  
#235 Posted : 15 January 2016 15:03:31(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Karl Gunnar Sjöqvist Go to Quoted Post
In that case a CS3+ is more useful - can be used as a booster or as a remote controller.
The CS3 can also be used as a booster and/or a remote controller.
However you can have only one CS3 in a chain of controllers. Both CS2 and CS3plus can be used to extend the chain.

Bad luck if several club members have a CS3 and not the CS3plus.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#236 Posted : 15 January 2016 15:11:05(UTC)
H0

Only if you buy the cs3+ AIUI.
The CS3 will be enough for that scenario.

Yeah will certainly consider that, not currently having an ms2.
You can get 60653+60113+66361 for around €90 on eBay (from starter sets). If you also need the tracks the 29000 could be an alternative.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline sjlauritsen  
#237 Posted : 15 January 2016 16:27:18(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: Karl Gunnar Sjöqvist Go to Quoted Post
One question though: Can the MS2 be plugged directly into the ports in front, or is an adapter cable needed?

An adapter cable is not needed. There are two ports in the front for a direct Mobile Station connection.

Søren from Denmark
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#238 Posted : 15 January 2016 21:09:52(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
The CS3 can also be used as a booster and/or a remote controller.

I didn't think the CS3 could be used as a remote controller because it doesn't have a Marklin Bus In connector to take a 60123 cable from a master controller.

See Peter's post from the other CS3 thread.

2) Unit as a Slave
The CS3(60226) CANNOT be used as a slave (like the CS2 can) because it has lost the "Bus In" connection and replaced it with a 2nd direct connection.
The CS3plus(60216) CAN be a slave, because it has the "Bus In" port - (this is at the minor expense of losing one direct connect port)
Offline xxup  
#239 Posted : 15 January 2016 22:02:51(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
I don't think that these devices need to be physically connected by a link-type cable. They might operate like the ESU MC2 which uses wifi or even just use Ethernet to talk to the network, which connects to the eCOS/2..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#240 Posted : 15 January 2016 22:26:03(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
I don't think that these devices need to be physically connected by a link-type cable.

Yes they do, you have use the same cable that was used for the CS2 - 60123.

Marklin aren't quite as forward thinking as ESU in that regard - the MC2 is a nice device. I don't have one, but one of the guys in our club got one to try out but he doesn't own an Ecos, so had to borrow mine. Maybe he should donate it to me.......
Offline H0  
#241 Posted : 16 January 2016 08:02:10(UTC)
H0

I didn't think the CS3 could be used as a remote controller because it doesn't have a Marklin Bus In connector to take a 60123 cable from a master controller.
AFAIK the master can be at either end of the 60123 cable.
On the hardware level (CAN bus) with peers. The Master is primus inter pares, but only on a software level.

I may be wrong, but I assume the CS3 can be the Master or Slave when connected to a CS2, even though it is at the wrong end of the 60123 cable.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#242 Posted : 16 January 2016 08:04:35(UTC)
H0

Marklin aren't quite as forward thinking as ESU in that regard
The special cable is needed to use the booster of auxiliary devices.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline mjrallare  
#243 Posted : 16 January 2016 10:18:27(UTC)
mjrallare

Well, Florian Sieber has proven to be a man of his word. I can only find two really new items in H0. The Insider 95 and the Swiss Elefant. Weakest line-up since I reentered the hobby 20 years ago. But I could have missed something I guess. And many on the forum seems happy, so maybe this is the way forward for Märklin.

/Torbjörn
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mjrallare
Offline sjlauritsen  
#244 Posted : 16 January 2016 11:01:59(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: mjrallare Go to Quoted Post
But I could have missed something I guess. And many on the forum seems happy, so maybe this is the way forward for Märklin.

Perhaps you missed it, because you do not find it relevant to you. Smile

- 36100 MyWorld LINT with rechargeable accu *new*
- 36101 MyWorld Diesel with rechargeable accu *upgraded with accu*
- 26641 LINT 27 *new*
- 37085 Retooled BR 10
- 37728 Technically upgraded BR 628 (except for the motor which is still the old type, I believe)
- 37525 Technically upgraded BR 120 (new center motor with kardan shafts) *finally, I want this*
- 36190 Siemens Vectron *new*
- 60216 Central Station 3 Plus *new*
- 60226 Central Station 3 *new*
- 60970 Decoder Tester

Those are the ones I have noticed as being either new tooling or upgraded models or accessories. All things that eat from the budget. Personally, I don't mind that Märklin chooses to work with what they have and make that better in some ways. I like that I can grasp all the new items that are relevant for me, and actually be able to buy the ones I want and not missing out on some of them. Smaller new items line ups does the trick for me, so I don't mind. A handfull of my friends feel the same way, so maybe this is a good thing. It is for me - at least. Smile
Søren from Denmark
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by sjlauritsen
Offline mrmarklin  
#245 Posted : 16 January 2016 11:06:39(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
Well, Florian Sieber has proven to be a man of his word. I can only find two really new items in H0. The Insider 95 and the Swiss Elefant. Weakest line-up since I reentered the hobby 20 years ago. But I could have missed something I guess. And many on the forum seems happy, so maybe this is the way forward for Märklin.

/Torbjörn

I agree. Lots of repaints. But we had so many truly new items last year that M has not been able to deliver them all yet!Mellow
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
Offline kiwiAlan  
#246 Posted : 16 January 2016 12:45:37(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: sjlauritsen Go to Quoted Post
But I could have missed something I guess. And many on the forum seems happy, so maybe this is the way forward for Märklin.

Perhaps you missed it, because you do not find it relevant to you. Smile

- 36100 MyWorld LINT with rechargeable accu *new*
- 36101 MyWorld Diesel with rechargeable accu *upgraded with accu*
- 26641 LINT 27 *new*
- 37085 Retooled BR 10
- 37728 Technically upgraded BR 628 (except for the motor which is still the old type, I believe)
- 37525 Technically upgraded BR 120 (new center motor with kardan shafts) *finally, I want this*
- 36190 Siemens Vectron *new*
- 60216 Central Station 3 Plus *new*
- 60226 Central Station 3 *new*
- 60970 Decoder Tester

Those are the ones I have noticed as being either new tooling or upgraded models or accessories. All things that eat from the budget. Personally, I don't mind that Märklin chooses to work with what they have and make that better in some ways. I like that I can grasp all the new items that are relevant for me, and actually be able to buy the ones I want and not missing out on some of them. Smaller new items line ups does the trick for me, so I don't mind. A handfull of my friends feel the same way, so maybe this is a good thing. It is for me - at least. Smile

There are also some of the wagons are new. Notably some of the wagons to go with the Insider loco have slim line bremserhaus, and I thought there were some other new wagons through the range as well.

Offline mjrallare  
#247 Posted : 16 January 2016 13:40:42(UTC)
mjrallare

Well, I stand by my first comment. There are variations and upgrades, but not much we haven't seen before. Considering that this line-up is the foundation on which Märklin shall build its turnover during 2016, I still find the line-up surprisingly lacking in substance. Florian Sieber said he didn't want the new items to cannibalize on each other. I would say; mission accomplished. But maybe he's right, and we'll find that Märklins main offerings will sell all the more. In one years time, we'll have the answer.

/Torbjörn
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mjrallare
Offline kiwiAlan  
#248 Posted : 16 January 2016 15:04:23(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Well, I stand by my first comment. There are variations and upgrades, but not much we haven't seen before. Considering that this line-up is the foundation on which Märklin shall build its turnover during 2016, I still find the line-up surprisingly lacking in substance. Florian Sieber said he didn't want the new items to cannibalize on each other. I would say; mission accomplished. But maybe he's right, and we'll find that Märklins main offerings will sell all the more. In one years time, we'll have the answer.

/Torbjörn

Well, they need to produce variations in the paint schemes to justify doing the development of the castings and moldings, so getting some more return on existing developments isn't such a bad thing.

Items like the 48054, which is being produced with a different road number (like they did with 48055 and 48057? last year) and a number of other wagons is not unreasonable. Many trains in real life have a considerable number of otherwise identical wagons in them, and it is not unreasonable to model things that way.

On pondering things over I am considering getting the G5/5 set with the 46280 style wagons. I already have a considerable number of these wagons from the various ones Marklin and Trix have produced which would make quite a train for this loco to pull.

And I am sure the ore wagons being done with extra road numbers - 12 in Marklin and 6 in Trix ranges - will be snapped up by those running the existing ore trains.

In Z gauge there are a number of new boxcars issued as lots of three or four individual wagons identical except for the road number. Last year Marklin did this for some similar G1 wagons. In some ways I see this as a better way of doing multiple wagons with different road numbers than having them all in one set - even if the set is individually boxed so it can be broken up.

Overall I think they have done a reasonable job of producing a range of 'repaints' of existing models, although the range of specific interest to me is limited. I don't think they will have a problem selling it all in 2016.
Offline danmarklinman  
#249 Posted : 16 January 2016 15:17:08(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Hi, they may also be trying to play catch up, with the range they already have, still waiting for the SNCB G2000? But I would quite like a some items from the 2016 offerings. I am pleased to see single freight cars available and not just large sets.
Also it gives me some catch up with buying stuff from last year. I am sure it will not just be me?
Others have said on this forum. O more use of old tools ect. Have they not noticed, that if peaple will buy of Ebay, old locos ect. Then Marklin know that if they release it again with bells and whistles. Then I personally and others. Would rather buy that. Than have an old model which may have used and abused? And also needs new tech adding.
Thanks Marklin, I like your range:-)
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by danmarklinman
Offline Mark_1602  
#250 Posted : 16 January 2016 15:28:37(UTC)
Mark_1602

Luxembourg   
Hi all,

I agree with some users of this forum as well as Stummis who are pleased that they won't have to spend too much money on new Märklin items this year, but on the other hand I also feel that this is a rather poor lineup. There's more or less the usual number of new tooling locomotives as well as some examples of partial retooling, but a growing number of 'new' items are not even repaints, but absolutely identical to previous versions except for a new road number. That applies to locomotives as well as freight cars, for example 48054, 48029, 47213, 39408, 36624, 37464, 37139, etc. Märklin has done this before, but not as frequently as this year, and not usually in the main news catalogue released in January.

In addition to that, a few locomotives are 'recycled' items that were produced a couple of years ago but couldn't be sold, so they have been given a new road number (37067, 26603, 39554) or have been weathered (37067, 37247). I don't believe that Märklin planned to release last year's two versions of the new tooling BR 57 once again in 2016, so these are probably items that are not new at all. Last year Märklin did the same thing with the Prussian P 10 that did not sell, but as far as I remember this is the first time that I've seen this in the January news catalogue.

Märklin managers think that cheaper, less detailed Start Up locomotives are the solution, but they don't want to understand that one reason why their expensive steam locomotives are difficult to sell is that they now come with cheap can motors instead of real high-performance motors with bell-shaped armatures (i.e. Glockenanker/Faulhaber). Sales have been down since 2013, when the motors in a lot of Märklin locomotives were changed. Maybe I'm wrong, but in that case, sales should rise this year, as there is now a wider choice of inexpensive locomotives as well as single cars. We'll see ...

In this year's news catalogue, there's definitely some useful stuff that I will buy as it fits into my collection but there's nothing that I'm really excited about. When I told my wife, who is not interested in MRR, that I'm disappointed by this year's news and that sales will fall further in my opinion, her reply was: "Maybe they aren't planning to sell more." Cool I guess they just want to increase the profit margin on the items they sell, and bringing back older models without changing the livery at all might help. Recycling items in stock reduces costs and is good for the company's cash flow.

I really hope that the summer & autumn news will be more interesting ... Smile

Best regards,

Mark
Best regards, Mark

I like Märklin items produced in the 1960s or early '70s, but also digital locos & current rolling stock.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Mark_1602