Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline GlennM  
#51 Posted : 04 December 2015 13:11:48(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
When we travelled from Hamburg to Copenhagen at the end of 2012, we travelled on a diesel ICE that was loaded onto a ferry during the journey. It would be nice to see this version of the ICE.. Smile

Was it like this Adrian ?

UserPostedImage

Don't look back, your not heading that way.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline PJMärklin  
#52 Posted : 04 December 2015 13:22:28(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
When we travelled from Hamburg to Copenhagen at the end of 2012, we travelled on a diesel ICE that was loaded onto a ferry

Hello Adrian,

How serendipitous !

In 1998 my wife and I with two of our three sons traveled by train from Helsinki to Stockholm, crossing by train ferry from Helsingør to Helsinborg across the Øresund by ferry also.

The train (with us onboard) traveled onto rails on the ferry, we alighted and took in the views :

UserPostedImage

then on arrival in Helsingborg we re-embarked and proceedeed to Stockholm!

The ICE was not about then though !!

Regards,

PJ
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by PJMärklin
Offline sjlauritsen  
#53 Posted : 04 December 2015 14:54:12(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
When we travelled from Hamburg to Copenhagen at the end of 2012, we travelled on a diesel ICE that was loaded onto a ferry during the journey. It would be nice to see this version of the ICE.. Smile

The class 605. Actually, Roco makes it in several different liveries both the DSB Blue and the one on your picture (DSB ICE), at some point there was a DB AG version as well.

Søren from Denmark
Blog: https://railway.zone/ | Danish Model Railway Forum: https://baneforum.dk/
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by sjlauritsen
Offline hennabm  
#54 Posted : 04 December 2015 18:03:30(UTC)
hennabm

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: mrmarklin Go to Quoted Post
R3 and R4 M-track.. Smile

I believe the 3600 series track had larger radius in the 1950s. It was only around a couple years, and is not coming back.Crying

It's quite collectible.

Hi Dave
Sorry, it was the 3900 series that had the largest radius. IIRC the 3600 was roughly the same as the 5200.

It was beautifully built track with separate inlaid sleepers and so quite expensive.
I have the 3900 on my layout.

As this is a wish list I agree with xxup and wish that M would do R3, R4 and R5 (why notLOL ) in M trackLove

Mike
1957 - 1985 era
What's digital?
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by hennabm
Offline mrmarklin  
#55 Posted : 04 December 2015 20:17:36(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
Originally Posted by: hennabm Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mrmarklin Go to Quoted Post
R3 and R4 M-track.. Smile

I believe the 3600 series track had larger radius in the 1950s. It was only around a couple years, and is not coming back.Crying

It's quite collectible.

Hi Dave
Sorry, it was the 3900 series that had the largest radius. IIRC the 3600 was roughly the same as the 5200.

It was beautifully built track with separate inlaid sleepers and so quite expensive.
I have the 3900 on my layout.

As this is a wish list I agree with xxup and wish that M would do R3, R4 and R5 (why notLOL ) in M trackLove

Mike

Yes, Mike you are correct. My failing memory.............Cursing

Cowboy
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mrmarklin
Offline xxup  
#56 Posted : 04 December 2015 21:16:00(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Originally Posted by: GlennM Go to Quoted Post

Yes, that's the one..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline shannon  
#57 Posted : 05 December 2015 05:01:56(UTC)
shannon

BR18 323

Newly rebuilt boiler different from IV h that Marklin has released.

Marklin has made a lot of the same locomotives with different design in the same or different era as BR45 020 / 45 010 (new boiler with witte deflector). I look forward to seeing the new boiler of BR18.3 next year.

http://www.worldrailfans...mImages/Baden/18-323.jpg

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by shannon
Offline GlennM  
#58 Posted : 05 December 2015 12:06:54(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: GlennM Go to Quoted Post

Yes, that's the one..

Very nice, I would also like to see this model produced my Marklin, and on the subject of ICE's why not a proper ICE 2 as well

BR
Don't look back, your not heading that way.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline Jay  
#59 Posted : 05 December 2015 13:27:52(UTC)
Jay

South Africa   
Hi Shannon, the 16.323 looks a very interesting loco.
I am curious as to how many cylinders it had? Does anyone know?
Jay
Offline sjlauritsen  
#60 Posted : 05 December 2015 18:13:15(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
I would like to see some modern InterCity coaches in the longer scale instead of the current 1:100 coaches. Perhaps also an ÖBB InterCity rake of coaches in the longer scale.
Søren from Denmark
Blog: https://railway.zone/ | Danish Model Railway Forum: https://baneforum.dk/
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by sjlauritsen
Offline shannon  
#61 Posted : 05 December 2015 18:23:10(UTC)
shannon

Originally Posted by: Jay Go to Quoted Post
Hi Shannon, the 16.323 looks a very interesting loco.
I am curious as to how many cylinders it had? Does anyone know?
Jay

4 cylinders in 18 323, the same as other 18.3.

The difference is 2 inner cylinders of 18 323 are designed to push the first pair of driving wheels , the outside cylinders push the second pair of driving wheels. the other 18.3 with 4cylinders push the send pair of driving wheels only.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by shannon
Offline Armando  
#62 Posted : 06 December 2015 17:37:40(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Hello,

I for one would like to see a retooling, in full metal jacket, interior details, sounds and light functions, of the BR 514 (ETA 150) Railcar with add-on car. This Märklin model came out first time -albeit with a plastic body- in the 1970 catalog. I'd like to see it either in the era III red livery or the era IV turquoise/beige livery.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DB_Class_ETA_150

Also, I've been wanting to see replicas of some of the classic models, such as the BR 44 (3027, 3046, 3047 and -wishful thinking- 3045!!!).
Best regards,
Armando García

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Armando
Offline Western Pacific  
#63 Posted : 09 December 2015 20:49:28(UTC)
Western Pacific

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: PJMärklin Go to Quoted Post
When we travelled from Hamburg to Copenhagen at the end of 2012, we travelled on a diesel ICE that was loaded onto a ferry

Hello Adrian,

How serendipitous !

In 1998 my wife and I with two of our three sons traveled by train from Helsinki to Stockholm, crossing by train ferry from Helsingør to Helsinborg across the Øresund by ferry also.

The train (with us onboard) traveled onto rails on the ferry, we alighted and took in the views :

UserPostedImage

then on arrival in Helsingborg we re-embarked and proceedeed to Stockholm!

The ICE was not about then though !!

Regards,

PJ

The ferries between Helsingør and Helsingborg have stopped taking trains in 2000 as the Øresundsbron (Öresund bridge) was opened. The bridge has two levels on top a motorway and below a double track railway. The ferries shown in earlier posts with an ICE with DSB logo driving onto the ferry at Puttgarden (Germany) is still in operation. Work on a tunnel linking Puttgarden and Rødby (Denmark) is starting. It will be a tunnel with a motorway and a double track railway.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Western Pacific
Offline Nils Walter Khan  
#64 Posted : 29 December 2015 18:58:53(UTC)
Nils Walter Khan

For Z gauge, I'd love to see the V80, a DR Ludmilla in Altrot, and an ICE 1 set as opposed to ICExperimental from so long ago. Also, want to see them really start switching over to can motors. The new AZL/Marklin E8A proves how smooth and quiet these are. Also, keep the weight and pulling capacity of the engines in mind when designing (E8A also shows off what can be done for Z in that regard).... There's nothing as disappointing as getting a beautiful new lok only to find it can barely pull any cars up even a minor grade.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Nils Walter Khan
Offline mike c  
#65 Posted : 29 December 2015 20:03:53(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I thought that I would dip into this topic one more time…

1) What I would like to see is more organized consists, and by that I do not mean sets with specific destination signs ala 43306/43307, but rather planned releases so that modellers can build their consists, meaning that the releases would include those coaches reasonably required to compose a specific consist (by era).

This would mean that Maerklin would do things like release a matching second class coach to go with the SBB Eurofima Am, either the Bpm 1979 (Bpm RIC Z1) or the earlier Bm 1972 (RIC).
It would also mean that Maerklin would release the Avmz111, Avmz207*, Apmz121, WRmz132/135, Bm234/235, Bvmz185 and Bpmz291* coaches in blue/beige, IC85, red/white and white/red liveries. (*and variants).
The same would apply for Austrian, French, Italian, Dutch, Belgian and so on, including night train coaches.

The bottom line is that Maerklin should make sure that there are no orphan coaches in the collection (without matches).

2) Bring back the interior dividers for compartment partitions. The new coaches might be better, but the interiors are not.

3) The company lost a lot of sales to other companies who make models with more realism. You did not lose me because I wanted ultra fine details. You lost me because your models did not have enough detail. Increase the detail to make a better toy. I am not asking for a perfect reproduction, just one that looks as good as it can and not a basic model that leaves wanting.

4) I would love to see the following new items for 2016 or 2017:

Sleeping cars T2S: DB DSG, DB TEN, SBB TEN, FS TEN and FS Treno Notte XMPR (282mm)
Couchette cars: SNCB I6 Bcm (Eurofima), DB Bcm246, NS Bcm (ex-DB), FS Bc UIC and Treno Notte (282mm)
FS Express Set (like Trix 23414 but Az/Bz/Bz) but with UIC markings (era IV) (maybe Holland-Italien Express)

Regards

Mike C

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#66 Posted : 29 December 2015 23:13:24(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I quite like the retro blue box items, so I'd like a 30470 BR44, a 30400 E10, a 30150 Crocodile issued separately from the double loco set recently issued. A SET800 reissue as others have suggested would be nice.

The BR06 streamlined loco that was on the Insider wishlist a few years ago would be nice, but I already have the Brawa version, so I won't cry if they don't.

I'd love an affordable version of a G1 BR44 - meaning under 2000 EUR, but given the pricing of the recent BR38 and BR41 G1 locos, I somehow doubt it. Likewise, an affordable BR103 in G1 would be great! (but then I'd have to buy matching coaches Crying)
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz