Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline steventrain  
#1 Posted : 13 November 2015 22:41:22(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I would like to see 2016 list.

New tooling BR44 with DR oil tender (similar to 39206 tender).
BR06 streamlined
E103 with 5-pole 'can' motor in new tooling chassis.
BR01 in DR East Germany between 1960 and 1980.
New tooling BR03.10 streamlined with mfx+ sound.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline xxup  
#2 Posted : 13 November 2015 23:02:41(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
The beer car that was bought from Switzerland to Sweden with the Crocodile.. BigGrin

In fact, the whole consist that came with the Crocodile would be nice..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline Hackcell  
#3 Posted : 14 November 2015 01:00:59(UTC)
Hackcell

Costa Rica   
1 - New US based locomotives (new steamers, diesels).
2 - The disclosure of a railcom-similar feature on the new decoders.
Danilo Jiménez
Union Pacific and DB Cargo H0 models.
Märklin, Brawa, MTH and some Walthers cars (nobody is perfect!)
Pinball machines, jukeboxes and Horses.
Costa Rica, pura vida!!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Hackcell
Offline foumaro  
#4 Posted : 14 November 2015 04:15:21(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
Originally Posted by: Hackcell Go to Quoted Post
1 - New US based locomotives (new steamers, diesels).
2 - The disclosure of a railcom-similar feature on the new decoders.

We saw in the 2015 new items the Pennsylvania E8A in Z scale,i hope we will have the same in HO scale.Α new double Alco in New Haven colors is welcome too.LOL Love

Edited by user 03 December 2015 04:18:59(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by foumaro
Offline kiwiAlan  
#5 Posted : 14 November 2015 12:50:28(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
The beer car that was bought from Switzerland to Sweden with the Crocodile.. BigGrin

In fact, the whole consist that came with the Crocodile would be nice..

I could see that being announced in the Summer NI, if it isn't in the 2016 NI.

Offline danmarklinman  
#6 Posted : 14 November 2015 13:21:12(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
SNCB or SNCF Railcar or EMU would be nice, or even SNCF Corail coaches. Pleases Marklin
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by danmarklinman
Offline Carim  
#7 Posted : 14 November 2015 14:02:29(UTC)
Carim

United Kingdom   
In Z gauge it's about time we had a modern DBAG emu/dmu - I can't believe that they make three Br 648s in HO - not fair! How about an ICE 2 or even a re-release of an ICE 3?
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Carim
Offline Goofy  
#8 Posted : 14 November 2015 16:24:48(UTC)
Goofy

New K tracks with the nickel silver in the rail.
New CS3 with the new design.
New MS3 with the USB stick.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline steventrain  
#9 Posted : 22 November 2015 20:03:14(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
My wish list BR44 new design.

UserPostedImage
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline mike c  
#10 Posted : 23 November 2015 22:13:08(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I was trying to think of models that would be interesting to see for 2016 and this is what I came up with:

1) DB 115 (ex-110 class) as modified for use by DB Autozug. This locomotive should be available at the same time as new sleeping and couchette coaches in the DB Autozug and DB Nachtzug liveries
2) SBB Ae 4/7. Using the design of the Ae 8/14, it should not be too difficult for Maerklin to come up with a model of the Ae 4/7, one of the classic SBB loks that any Era III through V layout should include.
3) Sleeping cars to go with the 282mm coach series, including DSG, TEN and post TEN variants, either T2S or MU types
4) Connector enabling the connection of a USB stick to permit upgrades of the MS/MS2 using any computer
5) Curved switch tracks between C Track Radius 4 and 5 so that radii 3 through 5 can be connected together

Just two quick questions.

Would anybody be interested in seeing R4 and R5 tracks with simulated concrete ties for high speed line use?

Would anybody be interested in a Maerklin version of the Trix RAm TEE?

Regards

Mike C
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline kiwiAlan  
#11 Posted : 23 November 2015 23:19:30(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post

5) Curved switch tracks between C Track Radius 4 and 5 so that radii 3 through 5 can be connected together

I thought that someone had already illustrated how to do this with the new R3 points, in the thread about them.

Offline Shamu  
#12 Posted : 23 November 2015 23:44:03(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
Being a steam junkie and due to 99% of all the mainstream loco having already been made by "M" or others I would be very keen to see some of the dead end pre war experiments on my layout (I'll build it one day, promise).

A shortlist.....

Krupp-Zoelly condensing turbine T18-1001

Maffei condensing turbine T18-1002

Henschel-Zoelly turbine tender T38-3255

Henschel-Schmidt H17-206

Schwarzkopff H02-1001

They may have been one shot wonders that never lived up to expectations but I'd love to have them. Call me mad, the family does Blushing
Sad when its cheaper to buy a new 29640 starter set from Germany than a CS2 on its own in Oz, welcome to the joys of Marklin down under .
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Shamu
Offline RayF  
#13 Posted : 23 November 2015 23:53:10(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I would like to see good, high-end versions of some of Marklin's traditional hobby locos, such as the Br74, the Br81 and the Br89.0, but keeping in the programme the hobby versions too.

I would like to see as well some hobby versions of large tender locos such as the Br01 and the Br50. These could perhaps be based on old toolings with simplified details. in the manner of the old Primex brand.

Another item on my wish-list carried over from previous years is an expansion of the 27cm hobby coaches to include other liveries and national railways.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline mbarreto  
#14 Posted : 24 November 2015 00:57:05(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
I like so many things that already exist that I don't need anything new.

Anyway, dreaming a bit, I would like to have a green croc (new version) withe great weathering, a new tooling E 94 (but keeping the old model too), new tooling BR96 and new tooling S3/6 (like the BR18.4).
I think there are lots of great American steamers that could be produced too (more difficult to buy due to limited budget).

Thinking beyond H0, I would like to see 0 gauge Crocs and S3/6 like MTH has announced.

All electric new models should have remote control of rise/lower pantographs and steamers should have synchronised smoke.
All models with Telex couplers.
I also would like some models with the SDS.
New weathered models seem to have a great weathering and so I think it is something to keep and develop further.

All models made in Europe.
More detail in the specifications and more transparency, like for example what is the motor models are using.

More weathered wagons.
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline baggio  
#15 Posted : 24 November 2015 04:30:25(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
Without "dreaming", I would like to see MORE locos with nice sounds, but at a much lower price.

I am thinking of a "hobby" line, where the hardware is the same, but the shell is less detailed, if that is what makes these locos so expensive.

My Prussian steam loco I just purchased was almost a steal, comparatively speaking. It is little and slow, but is a little jewel to enjoy as it goes along. ThumpUp I expect it will be a hit on Saturday at the Brampton train gala (as I call it). BigGrin

THAT is how Marklin can make customers go back to the hobby.

So, Ray, when can we expect you? Love
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by baggio
Offline kimballthurlow  
#16 Posted : 24 November 2015 06:07:08(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: baggio Go to Quoted Post
Without "dreaming", I would like to see MORE locos with nice sounds, but at a much lower price.

I am thinking of a "hobby" line, where the hardware is the same, but the shell is less detailed, if that is what makes these locos so expensive.

My Prussian steam loco I just purchased was almost a steal, comparatively speaking. It is little and slow, but is a little jewel to enjoy as it goes along. ThumpUp I expect it will be a hit on Saturday at the Brampton train gala (as I call it). BigGrin

THAT is how Marklin can make customers go back to the hobby.

Hi,
My thoughts exactly.

I do not have a 36240/36243, but that small steam model BR24 seems to be a steal too, and with enough detail and features to satisfy many on this forum.
How about a similar metal bodied creation in an electric, say an E60, which I think the last one (37562) was a plastic body.
Make it reasonably detailed, and reasonably priced, and I will buy one.

regards
Kimball

HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline RayF  
#17 Posted : 24 November 2015 09:54:18(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: baggio Go to Quoted Post

When can you expect me to do what? BigGrin
Ray
Offline Joseph Meiring  
#18 Posted : 24 November 2015 12:15:37(UTC)
Joseph Meiring

South Africa   
I would like to see the QUALITY of M products as they were in days gone by! Since I, (and my friend), returned to M and the digital world in the last 5 years, there have been just too many disappointments....(I well remember David Dewar, ex forum member, warning us of the decline in quality of M, but we simply couldn't (wouldn't?) believe him):
New start set loco running so badly - had to return; point motors (lots and lots) not working reliably - returned so many I've lost count!; new V90 telex not working; new Baden IV sounds "stuck" on maximum; new railbus stopped running after 3 weeks- returned - replacement did the same after just 1 week! -returned again; my new 37015 stopped running after 2 months - returned, still waiting.....; factory fitted lighting sets in cars not working: this was in 2 different sets of coaches; Mobile stations speed control bugs- sent to M for repairs on a number of occasions, came back with exactly the same problem - loaded v2.5 last weekend, still the same in 3 of our 4 MS2's; New "Mallet" loco stopped running after a few weeks - returned; new BR 23 side rods loose, and "fell off"!.....new locos with lots of bits 'n pieces fallen off - whatever happenned to that little round sticker that indicated that the loco had been checked and "passed"!?!.....
the list could go on and on, but I don't wish to bore you further - judging by the correspondence in the forum we are not alone with quality issues; BUT we still love our Marklin, warts and all, and when I really feel down, I run my 1959 start set on my analog layout and marvel that it still runs so beautifully after all these years.......ah yes, "Those were the days my friend, I wish they'ed never end"...
Joe
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Joseph Meiring
Offline RayF  
#19 Posted : 24 November 2015 12:39:41(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Wow Joe, that's a long list of problems.

I guess I must be lucky as the only problem I've had with "new Marklin" is that the motor seems to have gone faulty in my Kof III. A new one has cost me 23 Euro and I'm waiting to receive it from Lokshop so I can get this little beauty back in use.

Marklin were always known for their quality, but I guess recently they have succumbed to pressure from us users to produce ever more detailed and "feature rich" models at an affordable price, leading to compromises.
Ray
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline petestra  
#20 Posted : 24 November 2015 13:04:50(UTC)
petestra

United States   
I would really like to see a Wireless MS2 for walk around the layout use. Peter.Cool
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by petestra
Offline Joseph Meiring  
#21 Posted : 24 November 2015 13:08:41(UTC)
Joseph Meiring

South Africa   
Originally Posted by: petestra Go to Quoted Post
I would really like to see a Wireless MS2 for walk around the layout use. Peter.Cool

Oh Yes Peter - now that would be great - esp for getting to those far off shunting baysBigGrin
Joe, still a Marklin lover...Love

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Joseph Meiring
Offline baggio  
#22 Posted : 24 November 2015 14:36:57(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
There are about 5 or 6 very nice electric locos with sound that sell in Canada for about the same price as the little steamer. Two of these are here. I have the GTS BigGrin .

Just remember that the sounds of an electric loco are nothing to write home about, except maybe the whistle. I like whistles. ThumpUp

2014 new  Italian loco 36619.jpg

Nice electric loco with sound at a good price.jpg

(SORRY about the quality of the pictures, especially the first one. Blushing

If you click on the picture, it gets smaller and the quality is much better.)
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by baggio
Offline Eurobahnfan  
#23 Posted : 24 November 2015 23:55:27(UTC)
Eurobahnfan

United States   
I may be going out on a limb here... but given Maerklin's reputation for celebrating all things under the sun, how about resurrecting the MAXI line for a limited, one-off, special 14 305 Crocodile. (OK, so the details wouldn't be exactly on par with what we're used to seeing in HO and Gauge 1.... but it would still be pretty cool BigGrin )
Offline mike c  
#24 Posted : 24 November 2015 23:58:29(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Regarding the Hobby vs Professional Model Dilemma, some people would prefer cheaper models with less detail, while others want more precision and more prototypical models. Either way, concentrating too much on one of these options will drive fans of the other away from the brand and would not be a good option for Maerklin. Personally, we have seen the Hobby Traxx go from around 60 EUR when they were first released to well over 100 EUR today, plus some of the new models now come with sound and are selling for only a few EURO less than the regular models.

Where Maerklin has decided that the Traxx and a few other models are Hobby models, it has largely ignored these designs for those who seek more detail. They finally released a nicer version of the BR 146 and Re 482 based on the Trix plastic models, but the paint work on the Re 482 was so poor that many people were not pleased. I solved my issue by swapping the shell with a Trix 22631 that I found at a great price, but not all modellers will want to do that, nor will they easily find a similarly priced model to swap shells with.

Maerklin has to present a good assortment of models, meaning that they have to have a good selection of locomotives and coaches or cars to go with those models.
If they intend to stick with the older 27cm series, they should bring out additional options (Night Trains and other coach types and other railroads (MAV, OBB, SBB, etc)
If they intend to develop the new 28cm coaches, they should start to increase the variety as well.

I am not asking that each model contain all of the exact precision of the original, but I do like a model that is prototypical enough that it looks like the real thing. I like a model that looks like a model (or an advanced toy) that I can run with either basic coaches and cars or with some of my more detailed models. I am asking that they follow through on each model and make every attempt to avoid cutting corners on paint work like what happened with the 37446.

The way I look at it, if I am going to throw a couple of thousand dollars into this hobby each year and if Maerklin cannot deliver the quality I expect, then I will spend that money elsewhere. The same issue affects every company and if Maerklin's product is generally better than the rival's then they will be the ones who get my money.

If Maerklin wants to have a Hobby pallet, they should offer 4-6 models each year. They should then have the regular catalog items and maybe 4-6 higher quality offerings per year as well.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline baggio  
#25 Posted : 25 November 2015 00:39:15(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
If Maerklin wants to have a Hobby pallet, they should offer 4-6 models each year.

They do. See my post above. Wink
Offline Western Pacific  
#26 Posted : 26 November 2015 22:28:59(UTC)
Western Pacific

Sweden   
I would like to see the whole range of C-track in a revised version with concrete sleepers.

And then if I would be allowed to dream: SJ BC2DE and SJ WL5DE - the were used by SJ in the Berlin Night Express linking Malmö in Sweden to Berlin via the ferry route Trelleborg - Sassnitz.
To match the coaches a Märklin version of GVG BR 109.

Note that Scandlines was the name of the ferry line at that time. It has since been sold to Stena Line and the Berlin Night Express is operated by Snälltåget using former DSB BC-t coaches. They could also use BC2DE coaches which are former SJ BC2DE coaches.

Edited by user 02 December 2015 08:45:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Western Pacific
Offline xxup  
#27 Posted : 26 November 2015 23:23:59(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Walking Preisers.. ThumpUp
Adrian
UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline kimballthurlow  
#28 Posted : 27 November 2015 00:06:31(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Western Pacific Go to Quoted Post
I would like to see the whole range of C-track in a revised version with concrete sleepers.

And then if I would be allowed to dream: .... - coaches used by SJ in the Berling Night Express linking Malmö in Sweden to Berlin via the ferry route Trelleborg - Sassnitz.
To match the coaches a Märklin version of ...GVG BR 109....

For the C track modern scene, an excellent idea.

Nice coaches... and photgraphed in Copenhagen I see.

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline Western Pacific  
#29 Posted : 02 December 2015 08:54:34(UTC)
Western Pacific

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Western Pacific Go to Quoted Post

And then if I would be allowed to dream: .... - coaches used by SJ in the Berlin Night Express linking Malmö in Sweden to Berlin via the ferry route Trelleborg - Sassnitz.
To match the coaches a Märklin version of ...GVG BR 109....

For the C track modern scene, an excellent idea.

Nice coaches... and photgraphed in Copenhagen I see.

regards
Kimball

The Swedish coaches are actually shot at Malmö C. A couple of photos from Wikipedia:

Malmö C

Malmö C banhallen

Malmö C banhallen utifrån

Since I live some 600 km from Malmö it would be a bit too far to go there to take some photos of my own, even though I can agree that Malmö is next door for me compared to many others in here, in particular compared to Australia.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Western Pacific
Offline xxup  
#30 Posted : 02 December 2015 09:08:08(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Been there... Flapper
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Offline ParisTsirchoglou  
#31 Posted : 02 December 2015 12:41:53(UTC)
ParisTsirchoglou

Greece   
More ERA II locomotives and wagons, would be nice for 2016!!!

Regards

Paris
Era I and Era II German and Swiss Steamers and E-Loks. Proud owner of a Challenger (-;
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by ParisTsirchoglou
Offline GlennM  
#32 Posted : 02 December 2015 13:23:12(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Just a few thoughts, my wish list for 2016 and beyond;

Re-issue in tin plate:

1) In recent years there have been a number of vintage locos reissued with modern electronics, I would like to see the SEH-800 reissued with MFX and world of operation decoder. Next year a re-issue of a ST-800 or similar

Sets:

1) DB Touristik set coaches and E103
2) Set of modern high capacity grain and / or powder silos, weathered
3) Era 1 freight cars
4) Era 1 Beer wagons
5) Another Era 1 coach set complete with lights
6) Track Maintenance train set with V200 in yellow maintenance livery
7) City Night Line set
8) A reissue of the Märklin 26610 Zugset Henschel Wegmann set that actually runs properly and with a loco that can take a smoke unit

Locos:

1) E103 in Rhiengold livery like the one in Nuremberg DB Museum
2) V200 in green Reuschling der Brohltalbahn livery
3) Re-issue of Trix Fine Art models as standard Marklin locos, starting with Trix Fine Art H0 42507 E-Lok EG 507, or BR T16, or DRG H45 Turbine Steam Locomotive, or E Lok ES 6 Halle der K.P.E.V.
4) Steam loco P4
5) Streamlined BR06
6) Swiss A/e 6/8 or A/e 8/8
7) All of the steam locos mentioned by Shamu above, especially the Schwarzkopff H02-1001

Railcars;

1) GTW 2/6 or GTW 2/8 Thurbo VI
2) Re-issue of the TEE Ram with full sound, lights and world of operation decoder
3) Modern re-tooled version of Berlin S-Bahn (the tin plate version was nasty)

Coaches;

1) Greater choice of sleeper and couchette coaches, DB, OBB, SBB, NS, SNCB, and others
2) Ditto Dining and refreshment coaches
3) Ditto baggage coaches (Marklin never made a baggage car to go with the BLS coaches)
4) Wider selection of European coaches so we can model the train consists of late 70's to early 90's; Hungarian, Greek, Italian, Yugoslavian, etc
5) Add-on coaches for the sets issued. i.e. extra coaches for the Lufthansa set

Wagons;

1) Some wagons with real representative loads (like the excellent MAX BÖGL items recently issued)
2) Era 1 and Era II box cars with rich detailed liveries

Other key improvements;

1) Locos with built in capacitors
2) All coach sets to come with lights fitted
3) Locos to offer power through conductor coupling as standard
4) C track reissued with concrete sleepers for those wanting to model modern ICE services
5) My World train in Virgin Pendalino livery for sale in UK market
6) Investigate the possibility of designing modular motors, which could be interchangeable. Trains could then be sold without motors and the purchaser buys a motor of their choosing; cheap can motor, or more expensive Faulhaber or C Sine derivative. Likewise this could be extended to exclude the decoder, with the purchaser deciding which decoder, sound or no sound. This would also address the initial issue of the base price of the loco, with the final price being determined by what 'extras' the purchaser wishes to pay for. Likewise if you want a model to sit on a shelf you do not need to buy a motor, and if you had 30 locos with only space for ten on your layout, you could save money by only buying ten motors and switch them between the trains that actually run. This would also reduce motor and service issues from locos with motors sitting on shelves and only being run once a year.

It is my understanding that Marklin will issue the Touristik set in 2016 and I am hopeful other items will follow ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

BR
Don't look back, your not heading that way.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline Thewolf  
#33 Posted : 02 December 2015 14:07:57(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Hi all BigGrin

For me only one train : a Via Rail train in 3 rails

Thewolf
Project The Richelieu Valley Railway-CS2-Track C- Itrain-Digital
Offline biedmatt  
#34 Posted : 02 December 2015 14:22:21(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
Originally Posted by: GlennM Go to Quoted Post

Other key improvements;

BR

Not sure I would want this function. In something like the recently released Super Chief or the Swedish set from many years ago, yes. Not in something like the newly released stand alone V80 Loko. Accidentally couple it to a wagen with a current conducting coupler and a third rail slider and you will have fried your decoder. The decoder will not survive a closure between a function output and the third rail.
Matt
Era 3
DB lokos, coaches and freight cars from across Europe
But I do have the obligatory (six) SBB Krocs
ECoS 50200, all FX and MFX decoders replaced with ESU V4s, operated in DCC-RailCom+ with ABC brake control.
With the exception of the passenger wagens with Marklin current conducting couplers, all close couplers have been replaced with Roco 40397.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by biedmatt
Offline Webmaster  
#35 Posted : 02 December 2015 18:10:07(UTC)
Webmaster

The 14 305 SBB Croc as a proper green model, not "classic" like the one in the 2015 "Schwedenfahrt" set.

fb_crocYstad.jpg

Edited by user 03 December 2015 20:52:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline biedmatt  
#36 Posted : 02 December 2015 21:40:24(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post
The 14 305 SBB Croc as a proper green model, not "classic" like the one in the 2015 set.

A Be 6/8 III. They haven't done those in 1/87 since they released the Be 6/8 II a couple years ago. I think the III's were getting pretty old by then. Perhaps the only III for which they had tooling and felt you'd buy is the old pre 1975 III.
Matt
Era 3
ECoS 50200, all FX and MFX decoders replaced with ESU V4s, operated in DCC-RailCom+ with ABC brake control.
With the exception of the passenger wagens with Marklin current conducting couplers, all close couplers have been replaced with Roco 40397.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#37 Posted : 03 December 2015 00:29:26(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Re-issue in tin plate:

1) In recent years there have been a number of vintage locos reissued with modern electronics, I would like to see the SEH-800 reissued with MFX and world of operation decoder. Next year a re-issue of a ST-800 or similar

The SEH-800 would be nice. It always was a nice loco to look at, and it had that heavy solid 'feel of quality' that was part of the Marklin psyche.

Sets:

They did this for Idee und Spiel about 20 years ago. IIRC the loco was a separate item to the coach set (3 coaches IIRC).

But issued with a different road number would be nice. Issue the coaches separate to the loco, and then they could provide a Br218 as an alternative loco. I remember seeing a Br218 in this livery at Munich hauptbahnhof one evening as part of a double headed express from Switzerland. The other Br218 was a red one.

2) Set of modern high capacity grain and / or powder silos, weathered
3) Era 1 freight cars
4) Era 1 Beer wagons
5) Another Era 1 coach set complete with lights
7) City Night Line set
8) A reissue of the Märklin 26610 Zugset Henschel Wegmann set that actually runs properly and with a loco that can take a smoke unit

... and a see through cab on the loco Angry Angry Angry that was (I think) the biggest swizz of that set.

There are only so many beer cars that you can realistically put on a layout, but |I do like those very short wheelbase ones they have done - along with the other very short wheelbase Era I wagons.

They could certainly do with a lot more weathered items in the range.

Locos:

1) E103 in Rhiengold livery like the one in Nuremberg DB Museum
2) V200 in green Reuschling der Brohltalbahn livery
3) Re-issue of Trix Fine Art models as standard Marklin locos, starting with Trix Fine Art H0 42507 E-Lok EG 507, or BR T16, or DRG H45 Turbine Steam Locomotive, or E Lok ES 6 Halle der K.P.E.V.

Yeah, but the Fine Art items are hand built brass models. Doing them as mass production models will take a major tooling project to get that to market, and I suspect the reason for doing them as Fine Art was the market wasn't seen as big enough.

4) Steam loco P4
5) Streamlined BR06
6) Swiss A/e 6/8 or A/e 8/8
7) All of the steam locos mentioned by Shamu above, especially the Schwarzkopff H02-1001

Railcars;

1) GTW 2/6 or GTW 2/8 Thurbo VI
2) Re-issue of the TEE Ram with full sound, lights and world of operation decoder

Redoing the S-Bahn might also lead to redoing the Primex Zugspitzbahn train as well. And when redesigning it, come up with a better coupling system than a permanently coupled drawbar !!! Angry Angry

Coaches;

1) Greater choice of sleeper and couchette coaches, DB, OBB, SBB, NS, SNCB, and others
2) Ditto Dining and refreshment coaches
3) Ditto baggage coaches (Marklin never made a baggage car to go with the BLS coaches)
4) Wider selection of European coaches so we can model the train consists of late 70's to early 90's; Hungarian, Greek, Italian, Yugoslavian, etc
5) Add-on coaches for the sets issued. i.e. extra coaches for the Lufthansa set

Wagons;

1) Some wagons with real representative loads (like the excellent MAX BÖGL items recently issued)
2) Era 1 and Era II box cars with rich detailed liveries

Well, they have done some nicely weathered coal wagons with 'real coal' loads - most were Insider sets, but there were also some smaller sets in the general catalogue (the Luxemburg 4 wagon set comes to mind).

But yes, they could do with some 'real stone' loads for a change, or 'real ore' or ... as well as the 'project' loads like the Max Bogel ones - and don't make them for specific shop chains !!! Angry Angry Angry Angry put them in the general catalogue!!!

Other key improvements;

1) Locos with built in capacitors
2) All coach sets to come with lights fitted
4) C track reissued with concrete sleepers for those wanting to model modern ICE services
5) My World train in Virgin Pendalino livery for sale in UK market

And/or First Great Western HST125 and/or whatever goes on the East Coast main line and/or whatever paint scheme the new Hitachi units have (if they ever get the catenary out to Didcot and beyond). And/or whatever is planned for HS2 ... Blink

6) Investigate the possibility of designing modular motors, which could be interchangeable. Trains could then be sold without motors and the purchaser buys a motor of their choosing; cheap can motor, or more expensive Faulhaber or C Sine derivative. Likewise this could be extended to exclude the decoder, with the purchaser deciding which decoder, sound or no sound. This would also address the initial issue of the base price of the loco, with the final price being determined by what 'extras' the purchaser wishes to pay for. Likewise if you want a model to sit on a shelf you do not need to buy a motor, and if you had 30 locos with only space for ten on your layout, you could save money by only buying ten motors and switch them between the trains that actually run. This would also reduce motor and service issues from locos with motors sitting on shelves and only being run once a year.

It is my understanding that Marklin will issue the Touristik set in 2016 and I am hopeful other items will follow ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

BR

The deal with the motors would be hard to justify, but it would e nice to have start-up series and high performance series of the same model, with appropriate levels of features.

Edited by moderator 29 December 2015 23:06:13(UTC)  | Reason: Fixed 'quote' tags.

Offline I_love_Marklin_37538  
#38 Posted : 03 December 2015 01:41:16(UTC)
I_love_Marklin_37538

Saxon Railways XXHV and XVIIIH
Offline GlennM  
#39 Posted : 03 December 2015 12:19:24(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: biedmatt Go to Quoted Post

Other key improvements;

BR

Not sure I would want this function. In something like the recently released Super Chief or the Swedish set from many years ago, yes. Not in something like the newly released stand alone V80 Loko. Accidentally couple it to a wagen with a current conducting coupler and a third rail slider and you will have fried your decoder. The decoder will not survive a closure between a function output and the third rail.

I thought with the new V80 model the conductor coupling can be removed and replaced with a normal plastic NEM coupling to avoid this problem?

BR
Offline GlennM  
#40 Posted : 03 December 2015 12:23:47(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Sets:

They did this for Idee und Spiel about 20 years ago. IIRC the loco was a separate item to the coach set (3 coaches IIRC).

Alan,

Are you sure ??? I know Roco has made the set, the Touristik coaches are the green blue and yellow camouflage livery ;

UserPostedImage

BR

GlennM
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline biedmatt  
#41 Posted : 03 December 2015 13:27:09(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
Originally Posted by: biedmatt Go to Quoted Post

Other key improvements;

BR

I thought with the new V80 model the conductor coupling can be removed and replaced with a normal plastic NEM coupling to avoid this problem?

BR

I imagine that is correct. I guess it is in how you use them. None of my lokos, even from sets with wagens, is "married" to any one set of cars.
Matt
Era 3
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by biedmatt
Offline Dreadnought  
#42 Posted : 03 December 2015 16:42:05(UTC)
Dreadnought

Canada   
Having locomotives with power conducting couplers sounds wonderful to me.

Having said that, I have to confess I am a technical "ignoramus". I do not understand why it would not work to provide power to lights, or even decoders in those coaches that have them. I can understand it might not work with telex couplers as a transmitter, but my telex coupler locomotives, ( the new style V 100, the old Br 86, the old BR 44, etc) work without problem with current conducting couplers, though they do not transmit to the coaches.

An explanation in one syllable words, and three word sentences may be required. My apologies .
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Dreadnought
Offline hennabm  
#43 Posted : 03 December 2015 20:11:40(UTC)
hennabm

Scotland   
A V200 with full smoke function, similar to the ESU models.

I love seeing a diesel in full smoke; it makes for a realistic modelThumpUp

Mike
1957 - 1985 era
What's digital?
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by hennabm
Offline Mark5  
#44 Posted : 03 December 2015 22:34:36(UTC)
Mark5

Canada   
Taking off on a few of Glenn's points out of order (sorry)

Start with 2nd point 6 below
Locos to come with sockets so decoders could be made to mix and match.
This way an upgrade to better replacement decoder can easily be installed.
Say I don't want to pay for a full sound decoder on a particular model but later wish to upgrade.
Then I could do one of two things: 1) trade for any other decoder I'd like, be it Marklin, ESU, Lenz, etc.
or 2) used my old decoder to easily adapt to another locomotive or for digital conversion for analog.

First point 6... just curious when maintenance livery of V200 was used, dates, I like to know years.
SEH reissue from the 1950s livery.... without the updated yellow box in front of the loco.

Other points:
Would love to see Berlin S-bahn or other rolling stock around Berlin during the 50s
The tinplate one does not do justice to this lovely historical train.

C, or better for me, K-track with concrete sleepers....not just for ICE but some track was already using concrete in Germany in the 50s.

Re-engineer the under the table motors or slow servo motors to work seemlessly with turnouts and the Marklin system.

Would love to see Locomotives and rolling stock from Portugal and Spain.

Edited post below....

[...]
1) [....] I would like to see the SEH-800 reissued
4) Wider selection of European coaches so we can model the train consists of
..... Hungarian, Greek, Italian, Yugoslavian,....
4) C track reissued with concrete sleepers for [....]
6) Investigate the possibility of designing modular motors, which could be interchangeable. .....
DB DR FS NS SNCF c. 1950-65, fan of station architecture esp. from 1920-70.
In single point perspective, where do track lines meet?
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Mark5
Offline xxup  
#45 Posted : 04 December 2015 00:34:46(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
R3 and R4 M-track.. Smile
Adrian
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline mrmarklin  
#46 Posted : 04 December 2015 00:44:05(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
R3 and R4 M-track.. Smile

I believe the 3600 series track had larger radius in the 1950s. It was only around a couple years, and is not coming back.Crying

It's quite collectible.
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by mrmarklin
Offline GlennM  
#47 Posted : 04 December 2015 11:11:02(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Mark5 Go to Quoted Post
Taking off on a few of Glenn's points out of order (sorry)

First point 6... just curious when maintenance livery of V200 was used, dates, I like to know years.

Mark,

As for the V200 in yellow livery I am sorry but I do not have a whole load of information. The wording of my post was also not clear, I meant a yellow maintenance train and a V200 (or variant) in yellow livery. This is the livery I would like to see reproduced;

UserPostedImage

Based on loco numbers these are two more different locos, now bearing a different yellow livery and with EBW Cargo added, and the final picture appears to be the same loco as first with EBW Cargo wording added, two pics showing involvement in maintenance duties and one which looks like they are loading railway sleepers (maintenance ?);

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

And then this seems to be another altogether different loco with different paint job;

UserPostedImage

I think there could be some scope for an interesting set, with possible further add on sets to extend the overall consist.

BR

GlennM

PS: Failing the above how about this as a modern maintenance car (done in the same vain as the yellow railcar catenary maintenance vehicles);
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline ozzman  
#48 Posted : 04 December 2015 11:26:56(UTC)
ozzman

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Carim Go to Quoted Post
In Z gauge it's about time we had a modern DBAG emu/dmu - I can't believe that they make three Br 648s in HO - not fair! How about an ICE 2 or even a re-release of an ICE 3?

Hear! Hear!
Gary
Z Scale
"Never let the prototype get in the way of a good layout"
Offline GlennM  
#49 Posted : 04 December 2015 11:55:44(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Dreadnought Go to Quoted Post
Having locomotives with power conducting couplers sounds wonderful to me.

Having said that, I have to confess I am a technical "ignoramus". I do not understand why it would not work to provide power to lights, or even decoders in those coaches that have them. I can understand it might not work with telex couplers as a transmitter, but my telex coupler locomotives, ( the new style V 100, the old Br 86, the old BR 44, etc) work without problem with current conducting couplers, though they do not transmit to the coaches.

An explanation in one syllable words, and three word sentences may be required. My apologies .

Okay on reflection maybe my initial statement on locos providing power through conductor couplings was too broad, and it is true that there are locos such as say a Kof where you would not require this function. I would certainly like to see it rolled out on sets that include a train and passenger cars which are sold as a set intended to be run as a set. We have seen similar arrangements previously although not with conductor couplings but the push fit plug connectors in sets like the BR23 - Märklin 26543 Nahverkehrs-Wendezug set and the Märklin 26218 and 26507 Regional and S-Bahn sets.

To answer Dreadnought's question, the function already exists, the new V80 Märklin item 36082 already comes fitted with conductor couplings and when paired with the Thunder Box coach set Märklin item 43131 (which have factory installed led's and rear lanterns) the power comes from the conductor coupling and I believe can be switched on and off via the decoder. I like this functionality. I do not think it would work with telex couplings as has been pointed out.

I also like the factory fitted lights, this means that when buying a second hand set, you know the expensive coaches you are buying have not been mutilated by someone who is clearly clueless when it come to installing interior lights (and I am sure I am not the first person to experience this). If the decoder controls the power, then when the train is not running the lights can be turned off thus saving power consumption )without the need for a separate decoder in the coaches) and there is no drag from the slider(s).

I think Matt also has a point that there is potential for disaster by shorting the electrics and maybe as a safety function the power for the conductor couplings can be isolated or activated by a switch inside or beneath the loco body, and I am thinking of a switch like the one used to determine power source (slider or catenary) on electric locos. Such a safeguard would thus prevent accidental activation of the power when the loco is being used with coaches fitted with a slider.

BR

GlennM
Offline xxup  
#50 Posted : 04 December 2015 12:13:01(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
When we travelled from Hamburg to Copenhagen at the end of 2012, we travelled on a diesel ICE that was loaded onto a ferry during the journey. It would be nice to see this version of the ICE.. Smile

UserPostedImage
Adrian
UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by xxup