Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 31 August 2015 09:29:42(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Offline NS1200  
#2 Posted : 31 August 2015 10:37:05(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Indeed a challenge.

Last summer we encountered Japanese tourists at the Matterhorn Gornergrat railway.
They have mastered the art of taking any vacant seats before you could even think of it.
Sofar Japanese politeness........
And yes,they take pictures of everything they see,probably they need to be in Paris the next day,and in Rome the day after,looking at their snapshots once home.

Apart from anything else,i do not believe Switzerland are in need of Chinese money,or any foreign money for that matter.
Have more than you show,speak less than you know (Shakespeare).
Offline Unholz  
#3 Posted : 31 August 2015 12:49:45(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Well, - ahem.... - it seems that there are certain cultural differences regarding the use of certain facilities...: Wink

blickbild.jpg
Picture © Valeriano Di Domenico/BLICK
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline NewComix  
#4 Posted : 01 September 2015 20:44:20(UTC)
NewComix

Germany   
Hi,

Rigi-Kulm has a partnership with the sacred mountain EMEI in China, which might explain why so many People from China are visiting the Rigi. Rigi also offers fantastic views and its really easy to get there by paddle wheel steamer from Luzern and the rack and pinion railway to the top of the mountain.

However you should have seen these People from tourist busses entering the jewelery and watch shops in Luzern. Looks like they have a lot of money.

Best regards
Jörg
Offline NZMarklinist  
#5 Posted : 02 September 2015 02:36:21(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
I should consider myself fortunate then, that when I was there 10 years ago, (GET Swiss Treff Tour 2005) in company with a few current forum members, we did not see so many Chinese tourists Wink I would like to do it again, the views from up there are awesome ThumpUp

But hey the world is for us all to share as long as it is done peacefully and decently, and lets face it I'm sure the Rigi Bahn benefits hugely from the extra traffic and helps it to survive it's huge costs, and great that people from the other end of the Continent can do so too RollEyes
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline NS1200  
#6 Posted : 02 September 2015 08:07:27(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
In Zermatt,Switzerland,there is Chinese staff in most shops to cater for the Chinese tourists.
Marketing in optima forma i would say.
Have more than you show,speak less than you know (Shakespeare).
Offline jvuye  
#7 Posted : 05 September 2015 17:20:39(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
At my last trip to Switzerland, I made the same observation, they are everywhere now, and much more so than the Japanese crowds that were there some years ago.
Worst of all, they have now bought the famous Erstfeld hotel Frohsinn!
Noisy crowd, up early and yakking on their gigantic smartphones at 6 AM!
No more nice Uri Alpine style cuisine at Frohsinn , but rather dried up meal bags, just add water! Yuk! Blushing Cursing
It's just a sign of times, I guess they will have to learn what's proper or not to do when in another country, just like we had to, when I started visiting Asian countries back in the early 1980's.
And at the time they would not hesitate to tell me "don't do this" or "do that"...so I learned to live with (their) different customs.
So I guess it's ok if we do the same when we see them here spitting on the floor or blowing smoke in our faces.
As long as we try to stay courteous ourselves ...they'll accept the hints, I'm sure.
Just my two Huans...
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jvuye