Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 30 August 2015 06:07:56(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The 43868 Gesellschaftwagen comes with a SD card permitting the user to modify the soundfiles for the coach.
The model is supposed to represent a Gesellschaftwagen during 1985.
Having been in Germany and Europe from May to July of that year, I can report that the two biggest dance songs of that summer were Opus' "Life Is Life" and Falco's "Rock Me Amadeus".

I can attest to the fact that although I heard "scratching" in Herbie Hancock's "Rockit" (1983), it was several years before other songs with "scratching" were mainstream and even more years before hip hop became a major music genre.

How do I know this? Almost 40 years as a DJ and 25 years experience promoting dance music.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 30 August 2015 13:10:14(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
The 43868 Gesellschaftwagen comes with a SD card permitting the user to modify the soundfiles for the coach.
The model is supposed to represent a Gesellschaftwagen during 1985.
Having been in Germany and Europe from May to July of that year, I can report that the two biggest dance songs of that summer were Opus' "Life Is Life" and Falco's "Rock Me Amadeus".

I can attest to the fact that although I heard "scratching" in Herbie Hancock's "Rockit" (1983), it was several years before other songs with "scratching" were mainstream and even more years before hip hop became a major music genre.

How do I know this? Almost 40 years as a DJ and 25 years experience promoting dance music.

Regards

Mike C

Note that you can download the sounds that come loaded on the SD card from the Marklin web site. They are all MP3 files.

Scroll down below the coach with the flashing lights and you ill find the links to the sounds files.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline steventrain  
#3 Posted : 30 August 2015 20:59:38(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I have one already on order, It may be sold out at factory soon!
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.