Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline nofalal  
#1 Posted : 30 May 2015 02:15:32(UTC)
nofalal

Canada   
Hello:

To control a signal module with two circuit tracks and light signal or semaphore do I just need to connect the blue-green and the blue-red to the Go and Stop circuit tracks respectively instead of connecting them to the control panel ( 72720) ?

Does it matter where should I put the circuit tracks ( as long as it is not placed in any of the 3 sections ) ?

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Thank you.
Offline nofalal  
#2 Posted : 02 June 2015 08:43:38(UTC)
nofalal

Canada   
I think I solved it, still doing more test.
I am using the 4012 signal ( with 4 wires) from vissman but using the 72442 signal module.

I connected the green / red wires of the light signal to the green / red of the 72442 ( the middle ones - with signal picture).
Then connect both yellows of the 72442 ( where it says decoder and signal ) to the transformer.
Then black of the light signal to brown of transformer.
Green / red of light signal to the middle of the 72442.

Now when I connect the red of the 72442 ( where it says decoder) to the brown , the module click and the signal turn red, same of the green .
I tried the circuit track and it worked perfect.

So yes it is possible to use the signal module with circuit tracks without the CS1 for automation.

The only think is I am trying to figure is where to connect the yellow wire ( yellow LEd).

Basicly I am trying to make one train stop another train and vice versa but using the signal module. S > Stop

Any advice or suggestions will be great man

Thanks.
Regards.
Offline Goofy  
#3 Posted : 02 June 2015 09:56:56(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: nofalal Go to Quoted Post
Hello:

To control a signal module with two circuit tracks and light signal or semaphore do I just need to connect the blue-green and the blue-red to the Go and Stop circuit tracks respectively instead of connecting them to the control panel ( 72720) ?

Does it matter where should I put the circuit tracks ( as long as it is not placed in any of the 3 sections ) ?

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Thank you.

The problem in the second skit,is that you must have two train set to control circuit track,by control signal and brake modul.
Alone train set is not possible for automatic stop/go control.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline pab  
#4 Posted : 02 June 2015 11:24:13(UTC)
pab

Netherlands   
For the braking module you need to have three sections:
- The switch section to a give a signal to the decoder of the locomotive
- The braking section to slow down the train
- The stop section for safety (when the train slips through the braking section)

In the diagram I see only a stop section. I f you want only a stop section it's better to use a relay.

The place of the circuit tracks is:
switching to red, somewhere behind the signal, ideal is a train length behind.
switching to green, behind the next signal or better, behind the second next signal.

I use number of braking modules in combination with circuit tracks
All my locomotives are digital but the control of my signals is still analogue with circuit tracks and switchboxes. The inheritance of an analogue start, more than 40 years ago. But it still works fine for me.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by pab
Offline nofalal  
#5 Posted : 02 June 2015 17:23:19(UTC)
nofalal

Canada   
Thanks Goofy, Pab.

I attached the way I connect the signal, transformer, circuit braker and the light signal.
Do you think this connection is correct ?
The layout ( still underconstruction) allows me to run 3 trains A, B , C.

When ct1 sw is activated ( by train A - on the outer tracks for example) then the light signal will turn red and the breaking module is activated .
When ct2 sw is activated ( by train B - on the inner tracks for example) then the signal will turn green .

I just tested it with the transformer without creating the three sections yet.
I will do the three sections and try to see if it will work.

I wasn't really sure how to connect the breaking module , transformer, light signal and circuit tracks together..

The most most most important thing is to disconnect the brown from all the circuit tracks and using a distributer to connect the brown from the transformer to that brown wire for all of the circuit tracks you will use , then connecting the red ( for stop) or the green ( fo Go) to one of the terminals of the little board and of course depending on the direction you want

I inserted the brown from the transformer inside the connector, bend it with a plier, hide it beside the board, done.

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 03 June 2015 06:04:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Goofy  
#6 Posted : 02 June 2015 18:10:20(UTC)
Goofy

The yellow wire can been connecting together with the green wire,to simulate "drive careful 40 km/h".
This is the standard before the turnout to curve it.
When i use Märklins mfx light signal,i can use red to green to control brake section.
It will been same way like this...red to yellow/green to control brake section.
It´s really fun with the Märklins mfx light signals!!
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline nofalal  
#7 Posted : 03 June 2015 06:15:39(UTC)
nofalal

Canada   
Thanks Goofy:

I tested it , works perfect.

The only thing I had to do was this :

The most most most important thing is to disconnect the brown from all the circuit tracks and using a distributer to connect the brown from the transformer to that brown wire for all of the circuit tracks I willl use , then connecting the red ( for stop) or the green ( fo Go) to one of the terminals of the little board ( of the circuit track) and of course depending on the direction I need.

This to avoid damaging the the whole CS1 and locomotives.

Offline nofalal  
#8 Posted : 04 June 2015 00:18:22(UTC)
nofalal

Canada   
Hi
After talking to marklin tech support person , he mentioned that I don't have to change anything to the circuit or trigger ( that what he calls it) track.
All I have to do is to connect the brown from the tansformr to the brown of the track, he said all the browns from the transformer and the CS can be combined.
Also the yellow wire for the yellow led is connected to the green as suggested by Goofy (thanks).

The yellow of the transformer was not connected to the track ( the layout tracks) , only the brown ( the little brown wire - blue arrow) :

Updated wiring ( signal module, transformer, CS1, light signal, circuit or trigger track)

UserPostedImage

Thank you.
Offline akerstdi  
#9 Posted : 30 August 2015 21:19:49(UTC)
akerstdi

United States   
Hey Everyone!
I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but can a 72442 be run with a MS2? More Specifically, can the setup shown above(72442 controlled by a 24994) be used with a MS2.

Second question - can I use a 74391 signal with the 72442 instead of your 4012 semaphore. If not the 74391, which home signal could I use?

Thanks,
Doran
Offline nofalal  
#10 Posted : 31 August 2015 04:00:53(UTC)
nofalal

Canada   
Originally Posted by: akerstdi Go to Quoted Post
Hey Everyone!
I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but can a 72442 be run with a MS2? More Specifically, can the setup shown above(72442 controlled by a 24994) be used with a MS2.

Second question - can I use a 74391 signal with the 72442 instead of your 4012 semaphore. If not the 74391, which home signal could I use?

Thanks,
Doran

Hi Doran:

For Q1:
This method doesn't require any command station, the 72442 will run by the transformer power and controlled (relay switches on/off) by the trains passing on the circuit tracks , but the trains will still run and controlled by the digital station (MS2)
In another word you will not need to connect the 72442 to the MS2 via a decoder ( like the k83 - 6083 )
It is either digital (MS2 and k83 ) or analog connection ( controlled by circuit track) but again you van run the trains on digital and the 72442 on analog.
I have 4 x 72442 controlled all by circuit tracks (no connection to the command station) but the trains are/or can still be controlled by the command station. I have the 60212 Central Station.

For 2nd Question:
Yes you can, it has 3 wires, the brown goes to the transformer and the other ones ( red, green with resisters) can be connected to the red/green of the signal in 72442. You will need to connect the yellow of the decoder area ( text in the diagram) to the yellow of the signal (text in the diagram) and both to the the yellow of the transformer.
Now you can connect two circuit tracks ( one for go and one for stop ) to the green / red of the decoder.
Actually I have three wire signal and it worked fine.
I even used this method on the Turn tracks 24612 ( 3 wires) and 24711 ( 3 wires) with two train and 2 circuit tracks to direct the trains automatically.

Offline H0  
#11 Posted : 31 August 2015 07:42:51(UTC)
H0

Hi!
For 2nd Question:
Yes you can, it has 3 wires [...]
Are you sure? I think the 74391 has two wires only. It cannot be used with a k83 or standard control boxes.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline nofalal  
#12 Posted : 01 September 2015 01:28:36(UTC)
nofalal

Canada   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!
For 2nd Question:
Yes you can, it has 3 wires [...]
Are you sure? I think the 74391 has two wires only. It cannot be used with a k83 or standard control boxes.

Yes you are right , because I thought you can use two diodes with resisters to control it as in this diagram.
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#13 Posted : 01 September 2015 07:45:47(UTC)
H0

Yes you are right , because I thought you can use two diodes with resisters to control it as in this diagram.
This works with a k84 decoder, but not with a k83 decoder.
I think the new m84 decoders also support those signals.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline flying_arch  
#14 Posted : 12 April 2020 09:15:25(UTC)
flying_arch

Malaysia   
Interesting topic. What happened to the images?

😅