Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 14 May 2015 19:37:40(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
It was reported in the German Drehscheibe Online Forum that Modern Gala has closed:

http://www.drehscheibe-o...oren/read.php?10,7408413

Modern Gala has been the main producer for brands like LS Models but has also done production for ACME, RailTop, Brawa, Tillig/Sachsenmodelle and likely for other brands in HO, N and TT scales.

I have not been able to confirm this information. I can confirm the reports that the latest LS Models production of the WLABm 173.1 were manufactured by Run East Precision Model Company. Prior to that, the Eurofima (VSE) coaches still had Modern Gala marked on the boxes.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline Webmaster  
#2 Posted : 14 May 2015 21:27:44(UTC)
Webmaster

Remarkable how quickly that topic went completely off-topic in the DSO forum... Blink

Some of the model railroad stuff made by MG can be seen here...

At least Sachsenmodelle is confirmed as one of their contracts.
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 23 June 2015 05:41:46(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I have been trying to learn more about the current situation. The most recent LSM items that I received that still were labelled "Made by Modern Gala" on the box were the assorted Eurofima coaches of the SBB, FS, OBB. I do not have the SNCB or SNCF ones and the DB (Avmz) model has not yet been released. I did receive a pair of DB/CNL WLABm173 sleepers and those models do not have the "Made by Modern Gala" printing on the box, they do have a notation "Made In China Run East" an a contact email printed on the side of the box. The model itself has "Made in China by Run East" and "L.S. Models DiPan" marked on the undercarriage. The outer box material seems to be the same, but the plastic sheet and the foam are different.

I have not heard back from any of my HK/Asian contacts, so I have not learned any more details.
There are rumours that Modern Gala has dropped the production of model trains to concentrate on other operations, like the manufacturing of automobile parts.
I do know that Modern Gala had at one point manufactured small appliances (Razors, blowdryers, etc), but I cannot find any confirmation of a new orientation.
I did find some information suggesting possible financial problems with Best Global Limited, the company that allegedly owns Modern Gala Industrial.

Translating the Chinese version of the Modern Gala webpage into English using Bing Translator, the name of the company comes out as Song Hui Industrial (Shenzhen). I googled that name, but it did not reveal any additional information.

Clearly, there is a mystery to be uncovered here.

Regards

Mike C
Offline mike c  
#4 Posted : 01 July 2015 07:39:36(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The following image was posted in the Forum-train.fr forum:
http://www.forum-train.fr/forum...ze_distr_zpsn3fw2bfw.jpg

In another post, somebody posted a translation of the Chinese text:

"Au début de mai, une société de jouet (SONG HUI) à Shen Zhen a prononcé la faillite. les patrons sont introuvables. Cette faillite a causé 500 personnes au chômage, en plus environ 2 millions RMB de salaires non payés. Le gouvernement local a promis de payer les salaires le plus tard 12/05, mais ceci n'a pas été réalisé, donc les ouvriers sont allées faire la manifestation devant la porte du gouvernement. Il y a eu des conflits entre eux et la police, par conséquent, bcp de gens étaient blessés et 9 ouvriers étaient mise en garde à vue."

"At the beginning of May, a toy company (Song Hui) in Shenzhen declared bankruptcy. The bosses cannot be located. This bankruptcy put 500 employees on the street with about 2 Million RMB in unpaid salaries. The local government promised to pay the workers by May 12th at the latest, but this did not occur, prompting the workers to demonstrate in front of the government office and the company. There were some pushing and shoving between the demonstrators and the police, resulting in minor injuries and 9 arrests."

Regards

Mike C
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline mike c  
#5 Posted : 15 July 2015 09:08:03(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I have been hoping that some of the companies affected by the closing of Modern Gala would provide some information on how the current situation will affect their companies. Over the past few months, most of the information out there has been speculation by model railroaders and dealers.

Regards

Mike C