Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Dimi194  
#1 Posted : 21 December 2013 03:11:54(UTC)
Dimi194

Australia   
I just recieved the HO 37695 shunter, with telex coupling. It has the new designed coupler, with close coupling (rather than the old relex Telex). I have discovered that these new telex do not work with the old relex couplers!Blink Crying

So, is there an easy way to fix this? If not, how can I go about replacing the old Relex couplers on my carriages?

Mery Christmas everyone!
Author of the gritty sci-fi novel 'Stories of Earth: WWIII' (featuring an awesome train chase)
Avid YouTuber (XtremeTrainz and TrainzXtreme) and train person!
Offline BrandonVA  
#2 Posted : 21 December 2013 03:47:39(UTC)
BrandonVA

United States   
Hi,

This is the new V60 chassis. It was available with the "old" telex as reference numbers 37615, 37655, etc. There were some more, but I don't remember them off the top of my head. Since these locos are the same as your 37695 for the most part, it may be possible to buy the parts and covert the loco to "old" telex. I can send you some pictures of 37615/37655 if that would help. I am not 100% sure if this can be done or not, maybe other forum members know.

You could also replace the new telex couplers with relex couplers in the NEM pockets. However, you would loose telex, so I don't think this is what you are after.

On carriages with NEM sockets for couplers, changing them is easy. Just pinch the end of the old coupler and pull it out, then pop a new one in. With older carriages without NEM this will be harder, I don't know if there is a really easy way that doesn't require some customization. You could also consider just having a few close coupler carriages and just use them as a buffer between your loco and the relex equipped carriages.

I ended up with different shunters with both kind of couplers, mostly matching them with "sets" of carriages. The old style telex work OK with close couplers in my experience.

-Brandon
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by BrandonVA
Offline Dimi194  
#3 Posted : 21 December 2013 04:53:32(UTC)
Dimi194

Australia   
Originally Posted by: BrandonVA Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

This is the new V60 chassis. It was available with the "old" telex as reference numbers 37615, 37655, etc. There were some more, but I don't remember them off the top of my head. Since these locos are the same as your 37695 for the most part, it may be possible to buy the parts and covert the loco to "old" telex. I can send you some pictures of 37615/37655 if that would help. I am not 100% sure if this can be done or not, maybe other forum members know.

You could also replace the new telex couplers with relex couplers in the NEM pockets. However, you would loose telex, so I don't think this is what you are after.

On carriages with NEM sockets for couplers, changing them is easy. Just pinch the end of the old coupler and pull it out, then pop a new one in. With older carriages without NEM this will be harder, I don't know if there is a really easy way that doesn't require some customization. You could also consider just having a few close coupler carriages and just use them as a buffer between your loco and the relex equipped carriages.

I ended up with different shunters with both kind of couplers, mostly matching them with "sets" of carriages. The old style telex work OK with close couplers in my experience.

-Brandon

I'm thinking of just replacing the couplers on the wagons I can-thanks!
Author of the gritty sci-fi novel 'Stories of Earth: WWIII' (featuring an awesome train chase)
Avid YouTuber (XtremeTrainz and TrainzXtreme) and train person!
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 21 December 2013 09:55:11(UTC)
H0

With Märklin 7205 you can get close coupler heads (without guiding mechanism) for many cars that already have plastic couplers.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0