Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Bruce Skolnik  
#1 Posted : 18 June 2005 03:28:32(UTC)
Bruce Skolnik

Hello to all:

Does anyone have any experience (either positive or negative) with construction of the Trix Dammtor Station model (http://www.trixtrains.com/new03/03industrial.html#gateway)?

I'm also seeking information about the number of platforms and spacing actually allowable inside the station shed.

A large model, to say the least!

Thanks for any info!
Offline stephenbb  
#2 Posted : 18 June 2005 03:58:25(UTC)
stephenbb

Yes! Yes! and Yes.. My wife build all our models for the layout. I purchased the station and extension last year when it was introduced. She has just started building it. It by far has the most part of any model shes built so far. It is more complex then I expected. You need to layout all the parts and prep them before you start. Since she is going to paint and weather the station, its taking longer to build then expected. I would estimate about four hundred hours. I am taking pictures and will post them.
Stephen
Stephen(USA)
ETE,NMRA,MEA
Offline Guus  
#3 Posted : 18 June 2005 11:24:09(UTC)
Guus

Netherlands   
Hi Bruce,

Welcome to the forum Smile.

I'm very interested in this station as well.It's really beautiful.

Märklin has used this station as a diorama in the new C-track planning book.In their example they have 4 tracks.There are two wide platforms,one between track #1 and #2 and one between track #3 and #4.

The station is complemented by products of Faller,like platform extensions arcades and steel bridges.Maybe you already know,but you can find the specific Faller model numbers in the description of the Hamburg Dammtor station on the Trix produkt info.

The current desktop background, downloadable from Märklins German website, shows the Dammtor station with the BR 61 on track #1.

Hope this helps a little.

BTW,there is a picture of the model on Märklins web showing a V-200 and two VT 11.5 TEE trains at the station. http://www.maerklin.de/mobatreff/

It's in "Archiv" and the photo is taken by a man called "Happ"

Best regards
Guus

P.S.: Here is another link:http://www.bildarchiv-hamburg.de/hamburg/bahnhof/dammtor/.
Kind regards,
Guus
Offline steventrain  
#4 Posted : 18 June 2005 11:44:49(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Welcome to the forum,thanks for looking the Trix Dammtor .wink
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline klinge-germany  
#5 Posted : 20 June 2005 14:30:28(UTC)
klinge-germany

I don't know the model from Trix but I know the original station ( I live in Hamburg). The track layout is quite simple, 4 tracks with two platforms, one for long distance trains, one for commuter trains (S-Bahn nowadays). No turnouts, no crossings, signals at each end (since long times light signals). About 500 meters in the western direction there is one interesting additional track(dead end) connected via a simple turmaout, the so called 'Kaiser'-track, where in former times the coaches of trains of 'higher' persons stopped or were stored during their stay in Hamburg. This track is used nowadays (hmmmh, i visited an exhibtion there about 35 years from now...) for model-railroad exhibition coaches and else.
Good luck with building the kit...
Alfred
alfred...with M since 1960...layout under construction (in mind...)
collecting M items - but not a collector...
editing posts only for tyops...uppps...typos