Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline BrandonVA  
#1 Posted : 04 October 2013 18:21:20(UTC)
BrandonVA

United States   
Hi all,

This is probably a silly question, but is it possible to control the telex on a Delta Telex loco (such as Marklin 33961) with MS2? I tried adding the loco from the database, but I do not see any functions. Can telex be made to work by adding a function to this loco in MS2? Or do Delta decoders not support telex under digital operation?

Thanks,

-Brandon
Offline franciscohg  
#2 Posted : 04 October 2013 18:58:58(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Originally Posted by: BrandonVA Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

This is probably a silly question, but is it possible to control the telex on a Delta Telex loco (such as Marklin 33961) with MS2? I tried adding the loco from the database, but I do not see any functions. Can telex be made to work by adding a function to this loco in MS2? Or do Delta decoders not support telex under digital operation?

Thanks,

-Brandon

Yes, they do, i think ;)....provided it is a Delta Module with function, IIRC the telex will work same way as analog.....dont remember well, it has been a long time since i used such a configuration

UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline franciscohg  
#3 Posted : 04 October 2013 19:04:51(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Well, i can confirm previous information.....

take a look here

http://www.pallund.dk/digiview.htm#d
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline BrandonVA  
#4 Posted : 04 October 2013 19:26:44(UTC)
BrandonVA

United States   
Francis,

Thank you...that makes sense. It's controlled the same way as analog, by reversing direction on MS2. Seems a bit awkward, but I it's just a limitation of the delta decoder. I was considering purchasing one on eBay, but not sure I love this configuration. I think I would prefer a model with a decoder, better driving. Of course the decoder could always be upgraded too :)

-Brandon
Offline franciscohg  
#5 Posted : 04 October 2013 19:45:07(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
IMHO to buy a 66031/66032 it is not a good value for money. If you don't want to upgrade the motor for whatever reason, a Uhlenbrock 76200 would be a better choice, you got all the functions, CV to configure, even you can add sound later on.....
I use my delta modules just to run some basic locos, ad using just spare units from other full conversions.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline BrandonVA  
#6 Posted : 04 October 2013 20:04:50(UTC)
BrandonVA

United States   
Francis,

Thanks. I don't think I would go out and buy a new (or used) Delta decoder for this purpose, I was just watching a locomotive on eBay that included this decoder already. Thanks for the suggestion though, if I end up doing any conversions for telex I'll look into it.

-Brandon
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by BrandonVA
Offline RayF  
#7 Posted : 04 October 2013 21:27:49(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Hi Brandon, the 66032 delta decoders also have the option to configure the telex so that it works with f1. This is done by soldering a couple of pads on the board. If you search for it you will find a thread on this subject on the forum.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline BrandonVA  
#8 Posted : 04 October 2013 21:53:11(UTC)
BrandonVA

United States   
Thanks Ray.

I think this is the thread to which you are referring:

https://www.marklin-users.net/fo...t.aspx?g=posts&m=151

Which takes you here:
http://www.bogobit.de/decoder/66032.html

It's very good information. The particular loco I am looking at is actually from the 29535 starter set. The decoder I can see in pictures looks like it has 4 dip switches, so I don't think it's 66032. I should have been more specific, I said "such as 33961", but this is my own fault...I assume the decoders would be the same, but they are not. It looks like 29535 has the 66031 Delta decoder. As Francis stated, it will work, but it doesn't look like 66031 can be modified like 66032. I've learned some good things here, despite providing bad information myself :)

Thanks guys!

-Brandon